Windows 10 UO game icons lost their graphics

I don't know if it was due to the pub.100 patch, but the game icons for both the enhanced and classic clients lost their graphics.  They are still there and work, but show up as generic white rectangles with a folded upper right corner.  This did not happen after the recent client patch, and I didn't think the Publish to Baja and Origin affected anything on my computer.  It looks like it may have, though.

Tech details (enhanced client) -- Properties->Shortcut->Change_Icon shows the source file as "D:\games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\uopatch.exe".  The window shows the proper icon graphic from that file, but it will not apply it to the icon.  The icon itself has not moved from where it has been for months, "\Desktop\Games\UO Enh.".

Has this happened to anyone else?  The weirdness does not appear to be affecting actual gameplay, but these kinds of things tend to cascade badly.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    All showing fine here (Windows 10 PRO 64bit)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I had that happen to me with the enhanced client only the CC icon is fine 
    i just removed it from my task bar, I haven’t tried to put it back yet. 

I have windows 10 pro 
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    Thanks.  @Skett gave me an idea; I deleted the icons from the Games window, and re-added the shortcuts.  This fixed the problem with UO Enhanced, but UO Classic is still the default "no image available" icon.  For the extremely little time I run UO Classic, maybe I should delete it -- not just the icon, but the whole client.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I wonder what is causing us to have this issue 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    I had the same issue on Windows 7.  The enhanced client icon became the generic white icon. Even switching the icon to something else then back did not work.  So I deleted the short cut and created a new one.
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    This always happens when the kids play on my computers