EC vs CC running/cornering speed

2»

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    cobb said:
    It was stated in the latest newsletter that they are planning on adding some new features to the CC. So it would be a good time to add the auto navigation around obstacles feature.
     :) 
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Or they could just fix EC so it stops one frame when cornering? So it doesn’t look like they’re speedhacking and skipping all over the screen.
    this is why people in EC can’t face in different directions without their char moving a tile. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• InLorInLor Posts: 354
    EC should be canned, and CC should be upgraded. Just make sure to add quality of life features from EC to CC, to keep the EC players happy. 
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • EC forces CC users to cheat just to keep up with EC.  EC is overpowered.  Nerf it. 
    Sorry I use CC and I am not forced to cheat
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    EC forces CC users to cheat just to keep up with EC.  EC is overpowered.  Nerf it. 

Are you joking, right? Othewise your logic is the same as saying "a partner in a couple is a moron, so lets "moronize" the other one to restore the "balance""... :o
    edited April 2018
    InLor said:
    EC should be canned, and CC should be upgraded. Just make sure to add quality of life features from EC to CC, to keep the EC players happy. 
    Your opinion. Someone may differs, and say that only cheater and scripter are morbidly attached to the CC...
    Do you pay your subs, then use any client you want to just as long as you play UO.  UO  has already stated that they will support BOTH clients so all this BS to scrap one client over the other is crap.  I use the EC for sorting and arranging stuff in containers but, and this is me I can not stand the graphics esp what they did to all my pets and I sure as hell will not ride a stink bug, give me a break.  Give me the EC UI with the CC Graphics and I would give it an honest try until then I will use what is pleasing to my eyes. 
    Bilbo said:
    Do you pay your subs, then use any client you want to just as long as you play UO.  (...)
    Amen. :)
  • cobbcobb Posts: 172
    Mervyn said:
    Or they could just fix EC so it stops one frame when cornering? So it doesn’t look like they’re speedhacking and skipping all over the screen.
    this is why people in EC can’t face in different directions without their char moving a tile. 
    That would definitely work.  I do not believe it would be difficult to implement this. Also I'm sure EC users would also appreciate this change as it would allow them to change directions without moving.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Some of them will still find something to cry about, even if it's something such as this.

the people cheating, are going to be cheating regardless if the clients were perfectly balanced or not, because they're not being punished for it.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited April 2018
  • crunchnastycrunchnasty Posts: 241
    Legitimately this is a problem, I've just witnessed this for myself tonight and its so FREAKING lame for real watching this guy skip around the screen and claim hes a better PvP'er cause hes cornering and using a speeder possibly. its like wtf thank you @Mervyn for saying something because this has got to stop for the fairness of the game
  • TetsuoTetsuo Posts: 7
    I love the "make EC slower like CC" argument. Not "Sort out CC so it isn't slow and clunky". Its the same with some of the things you get stuck on in CC are not even in EC and why not put the move around objects in CC instead of taking it away from EC users. EC has been out a long enough time for people to get over the grudge but the CC needs to be improved to the same standard. I`m amazed they got away with having 2 clients that have so many different features, surely if you are making a new client for a graphical update then the key features that make the game fair or unfair should be the same so we are all playing the same game.
    ♥♥♥♥ For Ever Blowing Bubbles. RIP MJ ♥♥♥♥
  • AQHFAQHF Posts: 47
    I only play with EH. One day my daughter asked me to bake a (real) cake, and  when I left the room she hijacked my character, sailing my fisherman-cook off in a random direction, disembarking and abandoning my boat, and sent him running through the woods punching bears. From the kitchen I could hear her howls: "My gawd, the graphics! Soooo state-of-the-art" and " Why does he run faster going diagonally?? WHYYYY??" I returned just as she was testing mailboxes by trying to stuff my Chivalry book into one at some random house she had found in the woods. 

So a neutral (if very sarcastic) observer has noted the weird diagonal speed of EH. 
  • LordSolorLordSolor Posts: 13
    Well, 20 years after I started playing UO, I'm a game dev now myself.  (On another game, obviously.) 

It's funny, we're currently having the same discussion with our MMO. 

It would massively streamline development if we could kill our classic client, but the new client isn't quite at the same level of functionality yet.  As a dev I want to make the new client *better* than the old one so that people will *want* to switch, but I know from my own experience with UO that is easier said than done.  :)

Personally I never played the EC client and never will.  :)
    Well it's not exactly rocket science, that you should not be able to effectively run faster in one client than the other.

Plus you're able to cast faster but only if you set it to auto cast self/last.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Example of skipping around effect observed from 2d client.
    https://sendvid.com/a3x6suze

• Best thing would be to have CC graphics on EC. Problem solved. Not sure if it is possible though. Basically everyone plays the same game, same client, with different graphics.
  • I am all for the EC.....less cheating more level playing field even though all of the above mentioned bugs are valid and need to be adressed! But keep the client that has no assistance software available to coordinate FS-dumps and illegal resource gathering.
    So if you have to kill one client, kill the one which is used by cheaters!
    There is also a compatibility issue with playing CC vs EC. UOAssist has a “range check last target” option. However this doesn’t work vs players using EC, as by the time the range check is performed on CC and a positive result given, the EC players have moved offscreen already and you still lose the spell target cursor and receive the system message “target cannot be seen”

• ezikelezikel Posts: 90
    edited July 2018
    they fix nothing, its worst .now in ec you get hit by dexxer from two tile aways  or get foot by guys with a no-dachi from 5 tiles aways. really a great fix ....
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    ezikel said:
    they fix nothing, its worst .now in ec you get hit by dexxer from two tile aways  or get foot by guys with a no-dachi from 5 tiles aways. really a great fix ....
    are you saying the CC players are now at an advantage?
    I tried out the new pathfinding and I couldn't see any difference at all. Cornering was still the same (so EC should still be faster in that particular area), the pathfinding felt no different than what it used to and movement in general still felt the same...

can anyone confirm ezikel's findings?
  • As soon they would implement the CC art into EC i would just quit.
    Most of the old ultra-outdated textures of CC are just ugly.

Heck i even prefered the UO:KR graphics way back then, but again, CC users complained so the UO:KR client got ditched, it looked really great imo.

And for the sharpiness of the EC client btw., well, what do people expect? You can zoom in, so of course it gets more ugly/unsharp the more you zoom in, textures are just textures, the more you zoom in the more ugly textures get. If you would implement zooming into CC you would have the same issues. 

As for speed, just use EC?!

IMO the CC client is just laggy as hell and the wierd stuttering while walking/running is just ugly.
    EC outperforms the CC by far and it will be always like that, you can't magically improve the CC to EC standards when it comes to speed, you will never reach that goal with the super ultra mega outdated Classic Client code/engine.

A lot of dev time is wasted maintaining two clients, but i have said that like 10 years ago already.

Sadly, the usage of clients is prolly something like 50% CC / 50% EC, atleast the last poll i am aware of had such numbers. Ofc. Broadsword surely has more accurate numbers.

So that means ditching 1 client be it CC or EC would be a very risky step...

• DrowyDrowy Posts: 128

Heck i even prefered the UO:KR graphics way back then, but again, CC users complained so the UO:KR client got ditched, it looked really great imo.

I also liked the Kingdom Reborn graphics. But CC users complaining made the KR client get ditched is absolutely false. It was an extra client following the old 3d client. It wouldnt have affected the classic client users and got canceled, because it was completely bugged.
  • I think I tried KR once and when I loaded the game I couldn't even talk, things didn't appear, game was pretty much unplayable. That might have actually been the Enhanced Client when it first came out? But I have given EC a fair shake I just can't stand looking at it. Just ugh. Even playing the game doesn't feel like UO, but like some old school dinosaur hunting simulator or something where everyone looks like they are actually skeletons in a robe zipping around on ugly dinosaurs looking for.. uglier dinosaurs. Everything is jerky, looks terrible and just seems devoid of soul and character. Hideousness on a scale I cannot adequately describe. If CC was canceled for whatever reason and I had to use EC, I'd unsub the very moment I found out about it and never play this game again. Ever.
  • I have zero interest in playing Ultima Online at sub 120 FPS ever again. Watching the Classic Client now gives me a massive migraine. 

What they need to do is add an option into the EC called “Classic Client Mode,” that’s a simple check box that turns all of the silly little sprites, doodads, graphs, graphics, and menus back to 1997 for the CC users, while enabling all of the current EC functionality. After that, drag the Classic Client to the trash bin and drop it there. 

Thats a win-win for everyone.