Solen mobs no loot, provocation ?

I'm currently working on a bard provoker (new to provocation) and found a few Solen infiltrators around.
I provoke them to fight each other or other mobs around them, but yet 7 out of 10 times I loot there is nothing on them. 
Is this normal or something to do with provocation ?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Some Mobs have no loot.  You will get same loot no matter how you kill stuff.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,838
    edited June 2018
    I have also seen a graphic glitch that causes the loot to be invisible until you hit the bag sorter (green +) and change the view. This would only be the case if you were in the EC though. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Great Taste !!!

Less Filling !!!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,838
    Tastes Great!!
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Dot_WarnerDot_Warner Posts: 233
    Solen should always have some combination of gold, gems of some kind and zoogi...
  • TamhraTamhra Posts: 24
    Then something is wrong and not just with my provo character.
    I had my fisher char out this morning and part of yesterday. She is around 85 fishing, and fished up a few serps.
    Now at 85 fishing, is a fished up serp guaranteed to have a mib, map or net on it ?
    If so it was missing. 
    As the person above said, it seems to change based on grid or list on the bags, as sometimes the mobs show no loot, then will show loot if the green + is hit a few times.
    I'm not sure how to correct the problem  :/
    So you're using the EC...with or without Pincos?

How old is your character profile?  More than a year? If so, I suggest deleting and rebuilding it. (there have been a bunch of changes aimed at stability that an old, junk-filled profile will counteract)
    I had some older characters from way back when UO first came out, but decided to start new. So all characters are brand new as of a month or so ago, and I am using the EC by itself. I'm not sure what Pincos is  
    I did fish up a serp a bit ago and there was a mib on it.
    The others earlier showed in the grid... item, item, item, blank space, item. (item meaning gold, the fish steak, hides, scales
    and of course the list just showed everything in line.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030

Tamhra said:
    I had my fisher char out this morning and part of yesterday. She is around 85 fishing, and fished up a few serps.
    Now at 85 fishing, is a fished up serp guaranteed to have a mib, map or net on it ?
    If so it was missing. 

From my experience not every Serp has an MiB, map, or net.

EC containers have some bugs (just check the Bug section of this forum!). I quite often have to switch between grid/list mode, or just close and reopen the container, to see the items.

Pinco's UI is a custom user interface for the EC. (The bouy tool in Pinco's can be very helpful for lobster/crab fishing.)

-Arroth
    Tamhra said:
    I had some older characters from way back when UO first came out, but decided to start new. So all characters are brand new as of a month or so ago, and I am using the EC by itself. I'm not sure what Pincos is  
    I did fish up a serp a bit ago and there was a mib on it.
    The others earlier showed in the grid... item, item, item, blank space, item. (item meaning gold, the fish steak, hides, scales
    and of course the list just showed everything in line.
    Pinco's UI is an addon that enhances the EC's functionality. You can find it here.

The default user interface is a lite version of Pinco's from a few years ago.

Thank you all for the help you have given on this problem, and for telling me about Pinco's.