New bow can NOT be altered

@Kyronix can we change this ? How can gargoyles constantly be ignored..
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 873
    edited October 26

You don't comment on whether gargoyle players receive these as gargoyle version drops.  I suppose if a specification was released for the event, before it went live, players could comment on things like this before it "costs more" to change it after going live.

You also don't comment on whether the 2 human shields can be equipped by a gargoyle (unlikely), or whether a gargoyle player receives equippable shield drops.  I suppose for the shields, there is a pay-to-play option (shield transmog potion) that can be used to copy the human shield onto say a pirate shield, or other shield that can be equipped by humans and gargoyles alike.

A general solution for gargs is to add a deliberate conversion option for new event drops at Vlurkrax the arficer in Ter Mur.

I'll copy some text from an old post below.

Maybe the UO developers have a checklist for every new item that is added, perhaps it includes things like:
    1. Can the thing be used by gargoyles?
    2. Can the thing be altered for gargoyles?
    3. Does the item cause imbalance to humans vs. gargoyles?
    4. Does the item work with a [clothing] bless deed?
    5. Does it work for transmog?
    6. Can the item be repaired?
    7. Can the item be repaired after transmog?
    8. Does the item work with POF?
    9. Does the item work as a forged metal of artifacts target?
    999.  What are the cleanup points assigned to the item?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,456
    I cannot believe we are this far in, and no-one knows yet if there is a gargoyle version.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 4,079
    Cookie said:
    I cannot believe we are this far in, and no-one knows yet if there is a gargoyle version.
    Well uo cah hasn't posted a picture so I assume not my hope was they could be altered 
    And also I found out today, Felucca treasure maps can be used in Felucca, but the boss cannot be spawned in Felucca... ??!

Which facet do Felucca maps count towards then, and what was the point of me collecting Felucca treasure maps? I was clearly collecting them for a reason.
    Cookie said:
    And also I found out today, Felucca treasure maps can be used in Felucca, but the boss cannot be spawned in Felucca... ??!

Which facet do Felucca maps count towards then, and what was the point of me collecting Felucca treasure maps? I was clearly collecting them for a reason.
    Yes this is ridiculous!!
    The work UO-Cah is doing is fantastic, and gives us something to go on, but the publish is live now, and not 1 player has used a gargoyle yet?McDougle said:
    Cookie said:
    Well uo cah hasn't posted a picture so I assume not my hope was they could be altered 

@Kyronix @CM_Fenneko come on we are not live yet let's fix this stuff 
  • TimTim Posts: 817
    Yes a shame they didn't like  put it on a say test shard for a week or so..
    Then maybe someone could have pointed this out before it went live.

(yes that's sarcasm)
    edited October 26
    Tim said:
    Yes a shame they didn't like  put it on a say test shard for a week or so..
    Then maybe someone could have pointed this out before it went live.

(yes that's sarcasm)
    We are still on test shards and as usual there was a very small amount of people testing especially with NL happening I only saw boss spawned once and as soon as uo.cah data mining was done it was obvious no gargoyle items 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 397
    edited October 26
    You have to be a gargoyle to get the soul glaive and there is gargish versions of both shields.

Also we don't datamine the drops, we discover them through hard work on TC1.
    Violet said:
    You have to be a gargoyle to get the soul glaive and there is gargish versions of both shields.

That answers the question, thank you again, it is how I thought it would logically be.
    I am surprised no-one but you, has had a response on this.

• OreoglOreogl Posts: 394
    Violet said:

Nice work and thanks for the info!

Good news thank you 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,783
    edited 12:26AM
    They had to post this because of your made up conspiracy theory.  Maybe you could have found out you were wrong.  Stop posting made up stuff!
    McDougle said:
    Good news thank you 

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    They had to post this because of your made up conspiracy theory.  Maybe you could have found out you were wrong.  Stop posting made up stuff!
    McDougle said:
    Good news thank you 

Normal folks call this a question not made up stuff 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,783
    edited 12:54AM
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Good news thank you 

Normal folks call this a question not made up stuff 
    Normal folks dont start a question with can you change this.  Using a garg would let you know, nothing needs changed.

could have asked, has anyone received a garg version of ....
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 397
    edited 1:28AM
    Cookie said:

So the count for the maps is a general count.  Say you need 100 points to spawn the Manifestation of Evil.  Every map you do in Fel will count towards that 100 point goal.  Like Krampus, when it reaches that goal there then is a chance for each map (or trade order if Krampus) to have a chance for the boss to spawn.  This is where Fel makes will no longer help, because it can not be spawned in Felucca.  But up until that point they do matter and count.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 394
    Violet said:
    Cookie said:

So the count for the maps is a general count.  Say you need 100 points to spawn the Manifestation of Evil.  Every map you do in Fel will count towards that 100 point goal.  Like Krampus, when it reaches that goal there then is a chance for each map (or trade order if Krampus) to have a chance for the boss to spawn.  This is where Fel makes will no longer help, because it can not be spawned in Felucca.  But up until that point they do matter and count.
    I think he meant specifically about not being able to spawn the manifestation in Fel for PvP.  Not necessarily that they didn’t count to spawning it in trammel.

Do you know if there is a reward bump for map participation like doing Krampus?
  • poppspopps Posts: 4,010
    Violet said:

Once obtained with a Gargoyle, can the Soul Glaive be applied Powder of Fortification when needed ?

The reason for asking is that, being a weapon, it will often need to get repaired and if Powder of Fortification cannot be applied then, its durability will only last so much and eventually it will get so low that the weapon will no longer be usable...