On behalf of my sister

Jirel has been in game since 4:30 AM CDT this morning TRYING to work on her rune library.  However she cannot stay connected.  She is on Legends Shard, on her char Henry.
She Lost Conn @ 4:53 AM CDT.
then @ 5:16 AM CDT
then @ 5:24 AM CDT
then @ 5:32 AM CDT
then @ 5:37 AM CDT
then @ 5:52 AM CDT

She then waited a bit and re-logged in @ 6:04 AM CDT
She lost conn @ 6:52 AM CDT

It IS NOT a FIGMENT of her imagination!  This has been going on for  a long while.  She pages the Game Master who NEVER answers. I feel at this point if Broadsword continues to ignore the problem that she and I have no choice but to seek legal recourse.  We are paying for game we cannot play, that's fraud.  Also its false advertisement because their website claims you can do all this stuff in game which you cannot do if you cannot stay connected.  EA should know better than this from the Battlefield 3 debacle.  They were sued and they lost because the game was release in an unplayable state.  We are so frustrated! 

Comments

• she just lost conn AGAIN...at 7:23 AM CDT

• Again @ 7:30 AM CDT
  • TrevelyanTrevelyan Posts: 21
    What makes you sure it's not her internet connection?
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Didn't you already say all this a couple of weeks ago? Nobody else is having the same problem, so it's not likely to be a server issue.
    Are you both in the same place? If that's the case then why are you not having the same problem?
    Coming on here and threatening legal action when you haven't proven that it's not your end that's the problem....well this thread is not likely to last long.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    I actually have been having a similar issue since October. I still haven't found the cause, but it seems to have actually improved a smidgen the last couple months.

I know sometimes it's my internet because my Wi-Fi on my laptop drops out as well, but other times my internet will be perfectly fine and just UO will lag, freeze, and drop out repeatedly, like how the OP said. It makes doing anything impossible when it does get like that.

I still have my random disconnects that keep resulting in sync errors and needing to reboot UO, though, and this wasn't a gradual thing. This was a perfectly fine one day thing, whereas the next I was disconnecting left and right.

And UO trace sometimes shows massive ping times (once I got like, 850+ on one hop), and other times when I'm having the issues it looks perfectly normal.

And I recall awhile ago on Stratics a few people mentioned having disconnect issues more recently, so there are others having issues.
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    A better splitter fixed my issue lol.  And giving the computer priority over the phones and playstations
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    this is not the place for discussing pending legal action.
This discussion has been closed.