the Throwing skill does not seem to raise strength

RockRock Posts: 567
edited May 2018 in General Discussions
@Mariah and others, I have spent a lot of today playing a Gargoyle Bladeweaver character (thrower).  He started the day at 55 STR.  After a couple hours of fighting, his STR was still 55.  I happen to have a training dummy at my house, and I used it to raise Wrestling from 0 to about 20; STR also went up to 70.  He went and fought some more, and again no gains in STR after taking down a significant number of foes.  According to the Table of Primary and Secondary Stats, DEX is the primary beneficiary of Throwing, while STR is the secondary.  (The note at the bottom of the table says this info for Throwing not from the devs, but gathered from experimenting on TC1.)  His DEX is locked (as is INT) , so as I understand it, all stat gain ticks should fall thru to STR, if STR is indeed the secondary stat for Throwing.

This is an old character who I haven't played much for a very long time.  The fact that his Throwing skill began the day in the low 60s yet had a STR of just 55 tells me that there is minimal (if any) relationship between Throwing and STR.

I realize that my experience today could just be the RNG being stubborn.  But it would be comforting to know for sure that Throwing can raise the STR stat.

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)