various "clean" items inablility to PoF & Antique items vs repair/PoF.

CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 259
edited May 2018 in Bugs
"Clean" items which are unable to use PoF (Powder of Fortifying) on the item.
Rings, Bracelets, Clothing & Talismans.  (only applies if the item has Durability)

irregardless of the aforementioned items not displaying [Replica] or [Brittle] cannot have Powder of fortifying applied to them. (Clean & Antique)  Fix please!

Anything not on the list above spawning without the negative properties are functioning properly as they should it, justifies the rarity of such items.

Bug 2 - Antique items are able to have Powder of Fortifying applied, but you're penalized by using it more than you would be by repairing the item via repair deed or by repairing it using the appropriate skill & crafting tool.

Example:

Antique Item starts with 255/255, wears down to 0/249, successful "repair" = 248/248
Antique Item starts with 255/255, wears down to 0/249, one PoF application = 200/200

What exactly is the point in that?
Is it intended?
Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
ICQ# 478 633 659

Comments

• FaerylFaeryl Posts: 263
    edited May 2018
    Per UOguide on the Antique property:

"It can have Powder of Fortifying applied 3 times. Each powder will set the max durability to 250 then 200 and finally 150 after each use."

It is intentional. As for reason, I'm not entirely sure. Likely because antique items are supposed to be old and worn down... more likely to break with prolonged use.

Also, just have to point this out because it makes me cringe... irregardless is not a word.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 1,764
    Yes Covenant, are you having a day off?

can you give examples of the items that you found that cannot be PoFed? Because if you’re talking about vvv items/jewels, I beleive they are excempt from being able to be PoFed.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 246
    Lots of the new artifacts have no tags (brittle, imbued etc.) but cannot be POF'd. Cameo being one example I can think off. Other artifacts (protector of the battle mage) CAN be POF'd along with many others. It's very inconsistent and shouldn't be. Quite often you see jewels on vendor search with the description "can POF and last forever". How confusing is that to new or even returning players. 
    i tell you what is an issue for PoFing antique items, and that is resale. If you purchase from another player a damaged antique piece of equipment. You have no way of knowing if it has been PoFed once, twice, three times a lady. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

So Enchantress’ Cameo cannot be PoFed, this is the bug we are reporting, any more specific items?

Mervyn said:
    So Enchantress’ Cameo cannot be PoFed, this is the bug we are reporting, any more specific items?
    I think most of the new artifacts are "clean" but cannot have POF applied. Many of the shadowguard ones (if not all) and I'm not sure about the doom drops. They either need to add the brittle tag or allow them to be powdered to maintain consistency.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 259
    edited May 2018
    Mervyn said:
    i tell you what is an issue for PoFing antique items, and that is resale. If you purchase from another player a damaged antique piece of equipment. You have no way of knowing if it has been PoFed once, twice, three times a lady. 

You're right, what I'm saying is, even if the item reaches 10/75, if you powder it at that point regardless if it has EVER had powder applied to it before, it then becomes 25/25, whereas if you just repair the item it would become 74/74, there's no reason to ever apply powder of fort to Antique items.

I guess the antique thing doesn't really matter though, because no one uses Antique items that can be PoF'd anyway.  #1 would have to be fixed for #2 to apply. (Jewelry)

as for "Clean"I was referring to artifacts like the ones from Shadowguard, Corgul (soulbinder ring), Scalis (coral bracelet), and any jewelry you find randomly in corpse loot that's "Clean" ie not Brittle, not cannot be repaired (which doesn't spawn anymore), not imbued etc.

this would also include future artifacts that drop as the same item types, if the items have durability.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited May 2018
    So coral bracelet and soulbinder ring cannot be PoFed, we’re adding this to the list. As for shadowguard items, please can we be more specific? (there is already another thread where some specific items are missing the self repair description https://forum.uo.com/discussion/987/self-repair-description-missing-on-some-roof-encounter-artifacts#latest)

and i I have not come across any clean loot items that cannot be PoFed. Perhaps if you can post some pics.

edited May 2018
    Mervyn said:
    Specific items & places they originate.

Shadowguard Artifacts:
    Wamaps bone Earrings  (earrings)
    Ozymandias' Obi (Obi)
    Anon's Boots (Leather Boots)
    Shanty's Waders (Thigh boots)
    Hawkwind's Robe (Robe)
    Jumu's Sacred Hide (Cloak)
    Enchantress' Cameo (Talisman)
    Totem of the Tribe (Talisman)
    Minax's Sandals (Sandals)

Corgul the Soulbinder Artifacts:
    Ring of the Soulbinder (Ring)

Scalis Artifacts:
    Enchanted Coral Bracelet (Bracelet)

SA Artifacts:
    Mystic's Garb (Gargish Robe)

SA Mini spawn Artifacts:
    Demon Bridle Ring (Ring)
    Token of Holy Favor (bracelet)

Covetous Artifacts:
    Bracelet of Protection (Bracelet)

Doom Artifacts:
    Bracelet of Primal Consumption (Bracelet)

Items generated via random loot generator.

Ring   ("Clean" all directions & types)
    Bracelet ("Clean" all directions & types)

I'll post more if I remember or find something I missed.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited May 2018
    Mervyn said:
    and i I have not come across any clean loot items that cannot be PoFed. Perhaps if you can post some pics.
    Clean loot armour is working (can POF). Clean jewels you cannot. 

It's more the newer artifacts as covenant has listed. I'm not sure about the new doom artifacts (scholars halo etc.)
  • The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 325
    Pls fix this so I don't have to hear @CovenantX complain about it anymore.  He goes on endless rants.   LOLOL
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 642
    Bug 2 is not a bug, it's user error.
    PoF is not meant to be used in place of repairs.
    You should repair the item until it reaches a point where it won't last long enough for a play session. Say 60/60? THEN you apply PoF taking it back up to 200/200. Repair until it reaches too low to play with again, PoF to 150/150
    edited June 2018
    You should repair the item until it reaches a point where it won't last long enough for a play session. Say 60/60? THEN you apply PoF taking it back up to 200/200. Repair until it reaches too low to play with again, PoF to 150/150

So, you confirmed bug 2 is a bug, because it doesn't work the way you're saying it does..

if an Antique item reaches 60/60, you apply PoF to the item (for the very first time) the antique item then becomes 10/10. There is no point in which the antique item "reverts" from a lower maximum durability to a higher maximum Ever.

The patch notes suggest it should work as you describe, which would be 60/60 item should then become 200/200 (it actually goes to 250/250 (from 255/255)) on the first PoF application, 150/150 second, 100/100 third and final, since Antique items are only able to have PoF applied three times,

The only part of the patch notes that is correct is that you can only apply PoF 3x to an antique item.

if it's working as intended that would be another failure to communicate and/or a major disappointment.

However, when there are inconsistencies in the way things work, these kinds of failures will happen frequently.  - The Devs are setting themselves up for it, it also disappoints the players because they should be able to assume properties work the same way regardless of which items spawn with it.

Bug #1 would have to be fixed for bug #2 to be relevant, is solely because the only "Antique" items people use are jewelry.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited June 2018
    CovenantX said:

So, you confirmed bug 2 is a bug, because it doesn't work the way you're saying it does..

if an Antique item reaches 60/60, you apply PoF to the item (for the very first time) the antique item then becomes 10/10. There is no point in which the antique item "reverts" from a lower maximum durability to a higher maximum Ever.

The patch notes suggest it should work as you describe, which would be 60/60 item should then become 200/200 (it actually goes to 250/250 (from 255/255)) on the first PoF application, 150/150 second, 100/100 third and final, since Antique items are only able to have PoF applied three times,

The only part of the patch notes that is correct is that you can only apply PoF 3x to an antique item.

if it's working as intended that would be another failure to communicate and/or a major disappointment.

However, when there are inconsistencies in the way things work, these kinds of failures will happen frequently.  - The Devs are setting themselves up for it, it also disappoints the players because they should be able to assume properties work the same way regardless of which items spawn with it.

Bug #1 would have to be fixed for bug #2 to be relevant, is solely because the only "Antique" items people use are jewelry.

I just tested this and can confirm that PoF is not working as intended for antique items, I wore an antique weapon down from 255/255 to 0/192, applied PoF for the first time and resulted in durability 150/150????

Expected result: for the weapon to show durability of 250/250.

I recommend nobody use PoF on any antique items at all at the moment.

Apologies Covenant for not analysing your initial post describing the problem. I got boggled by the numbers.

Bump,

this one is real serious. 

Bump, Is this ever going to get fixed?
    ICQ# 478 633 659

Two "bug-fix publishes" have gone by both 1 & 2 are still broken.

ICQ# 478 633 659