Boardsword story; a punishment for UO

KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
edited September 7 in General Discussions

@Mariah Where is the rules where it is said we cannot expose botters on this forum? Since u guys ain't doing your job IN GAME.. show me.. I hvn't found any rules.. You gonna have to make up rules for convenience.
PS: I did everything u ask.. EVEN MORE.. cuz u guys did shit..

@creampie Tell me you consider these BOTS as PLAYERS: 

@Rorschach what happen with the review of the first BOT post??

If you don't ban the bot in game, you clearly gonna have to ban me cuz i'm gonna keep exposing boardsword as a bot lover company and my signature DO NOT contain ANY PERSONAL ATTACK.. I quoted this on your forum.. still on your forum.. delete the source i'll agree, till then.. it is gonna STAY, thx.

Forum rules: https://forum.uo.com/page/tos
the 14th "rules".. is a laughing stock

SHAMEFUL DISPLAY!
So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
-UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    So for the record, I do not see it as a personal attack, I found it funny, and I would rather you named me, than it appeared to be an official comment in any way. :)
    It is an opinion, we are all allowed opinions.
    All I ever ask, is people are polite about them, discuss them logically, and do not go on forever about them...
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 215
    while the way this guy went about it is totally wrong, he does have a valid point, this is just one example of people botting and multi boxing that they refuse to do anything about and im willing to bet its because they are paid accounts, this is a example of legit players having enough of this and getting fed up with it, im sure we will see more and more people getting fed up and goin off of the deep rails like this until they start doin something about the cheaters
  • vortexvortex Posts: 215
    +1
  • Posting things that embarrass the devs is low-key against the rules. They already cracked down on threads about what a garbage heap the official client is, now complaining about rampant bots is against the rules too.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,638
    Posting things that embarrass the devs is low-key against the rules. They already cracked down on threads about what a garbage heap the official client is, now complaining about rampant bots is against the rules too.
    Showing player names and accusing them of things is against the rules.  Especially if those players have been confirmed by a GM to be attended and are doing nothing wrong.

Yall need to get out of cave man days and understand we have gaming stations with multiple monitors and we are playing on computers.  I'm Posting here, watching TV, shopping with one guy, waiting on Pahuxo with another. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Oh get outta here dude, you run around calling everyone a cheater who wants a client that runs above 12 FPS but this stack of ten characters running around synchronized on top of each other is supposed to be on the up-and-up? Fie upon you!
    And I do just fine because I don't care what others do. With all this "cheating" why do prices keep going up.  Supply and demand don't work in UO?
  • Bill_CosbyBill_Cosby Posts: 4
    edited September 8
    I never really understood people crying about bots….boohoo they made good items way hard to get in this game and even with 10 or more characters farming it still is a dice roll trying to get something really good even in months with all the luck you can get stop crying about people supplying good items for you dorks who won’t farm 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,896
    edited September 8
    I never really understood people crying about bots….boohoo they made good items way hard to get in this game and even with 10 or more characters farming it still is a dice roll trying to get something really good even in months with all the luck you can get stop crying about people supplying good items for you dorks who won’t farm 
    These particular bits are farming splintering boks high value sold to a small particular group probably for RMT so yeah it's an issue 

The fix is simple in this case splintering is 100% a FEL  mod and sould only spawn there.  of course shard bound would stop it as well 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Amazing how this so called dead game that is run so badly according to forum posters,  makes a living wage for so many people.

While waiting for a critter to spawn in NL for 3 hours, I was killing Arctic Ogre Lords for that time on another toon.  My hands started shaking,  I cant do repetitive things.  Like posters say, maybe have less need for repetition and there will be fewer players using their other computer abilities to get items.

But I doubt that will work,  Each person has a limit to how much repetitive stuff they will do. So some will still want to buy stuff.
  • McDougle said:

The fix is simple in this case splintering is 100% a FEL  mod and sould only spawn there.

This is actually a fantastic idea.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    McDougle said:

The fix is simple in this case splintering is 100% a FEL  mod and sould only spawn there.

This is actually a fantastic idea.

I've made these suggestions since day 1.

Certain people have not been listening.

• Cookie said:

I've made these suggestions since day 1.

Certain people have not been listening.

Look, I'm not going to scour your post history to determine if you've made this exact suggestion before or not. I'm just going to go ahead and take your word for it.

*Kiss on the cheek*
    You're a good boy. That was a good idea you had.
    *Ruffles your hair*

There, you happy now sport?