Dungeon Outpost pvp game

quickbladequickblade Posts: 321
edited September 4 in New Legacy
I present you an idea for Dungeon Outpost pvp game : Capture the Outpost (map below is copied from Elder Scrolls Online battleground pvp map)

Duration : 15minutes
-Non-vvv players need to be also able to queue to dungeon outposts. 
This is like the priority one right now. The guild experience provided by the objectives related to dungeon outpost is too big of a deal to be missed by non-vvv players, you will also need all of the population you can to be able to get a 'queue' system to even work with UO numbers.

-3-way teams fight: The map design is very important to implement  in such a way where 2 teams can fight and be busy together for 1 outpost, while a third team who might be less good at pvp could still have a chance to win the game in the back of the pvpers, if not taken care of. This is a good way to introduce less experimented players into pvp and everyone has a chance to win

-When you die during the match you can't be looted, you respawn after 10sec at your starting point with everything and full mana, health and stamina, ready to run back into action and help your team.

-3v3v3 or 2v2v2  (I mean if some teams are queuing with only 2, I guess it could match them up against teams of 3 I am not too sure whats the maximum, I have no solution to this, we don't have WoW or ESO playerbase, and I don't think a single player queue would fix this)

-Each team gain points every 2sec similar to VvV on production shard, based on the amount of outposts they own (outposts can be recaptured.)

-A the end of the match rocks falls from the sky for like 30 seconds killing everyone but the winning team, winners have 2 minutes to loot the loosers inventory***
Then some currency points are distributed amongs winner and loosers (could be flat points exemple : 10000 points for the winning team, 5000 for the second team, and only 3k for the looser team)
PvP points can be exchanged at the PvP Dealer npc for cosmetics: dyes, cool titles,  skin/hair colors, maybe some cool-looking 'auras' around you while in combat, the list could be long here and this is your incentive to bring all the players into queuing up.
Special consumables could be bought with the new currency and only be used by VvV characters to give a reason to even join VvV.

Some fixes needed for the dungeon outpost queue :
-Remove the 'freezing effect' while queuing up, if the queue take 1 hour, you can't force players to sit there doing nothing for an hour.
-Remove the close distance required for all party members to queue (same reasoning as I just mentionned, players need to be able to do other stuff while queuing)
-When the queue finds the 3 groups, a confirm button is sent to all 3 party leaders, when accepted all three groups are teleported.

***A big issue right now with partial inventory looting is warriors weapons. A warrior or archer carry on average 2 to 3 weapons, mage carry reagents as weapon (spellboooks are blessed). It would be really unfair for a warrior/archer to loose their valueable vanquishing weapons on a death, as opposed to mages loosing only 5k-10k gold worth of reagents. Also if a warrior get disarmed and die while his weapon is in his backpack, he currently looses it. So there are a few flaws right now that would need to be looked but I'm not saying to hardcode  'all weapons can't be looted', because it defeats the purpose of raiding a VvV guild at a boss exemple and looting their 'artifact drops'
You can also make gear to drop in a backpack, if you cast despair + curse on a target, it usually drops their str by around -25 to -35, making alot of armor pieces to drop, and subject to looting if you die.
So I don't know what should be the solution here, maybe someone else have an idea, it seems to be a complicated issue.
So I would allow all consumables, reagents, bandages and accessories be looted from all loosing players in the dungeon outpost, maybe bard instruments also but thats it.
In open world pvp I wouldn't allow blues to be looted, but oranges yes, same thing in champions spawns, oranges need to be lootable, but this post is mostly focusing on the dungeon outpost.

Thanks for listening, here's the map design which you need to imagine UO corridors being green lines.