Divergent path questions

McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,898
1.can we get dedicated divergent path area here? @Community Manager
2.when will we be able to test something other than melee characters tamer,bard,mage etc?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,898
    Is our new found communication only for parts of NL or for certain posters?
  • GarretGarret Posts: 151
    edited September 3
    Tamer, bard, hiding/poisoning (assasin)/alchemy is locked behind certain brakepoints - 600 skill cap + orc boss i belive. 
      Mage is viable but rly hard to start without money and complete spellbook it is more challenging then any class in NL or retail.
      Warrior/Archer is just like 7hrs grind of moobs like orc boss spawn or Ettins.
       Sub classes like tamer is to powerfull to have it as start option u will be able to do almost any content just with 5 ostartds and u can go from 50 to 100 taming just in 1.5-2 hrs, so u will be ahed of any narrative or divirgent path options so it is just question of ballance and lvling wall.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,898
    Garret said:
    Tamer, bard, hiding/poisoning (assasin)/alchemy is locked behind certain brakepoints - 600 skill cap + orc boss i belive. 
      Mage is viable but rly hard to start without money and complete spellbook it is more challenging then any class in NL or retail.
       Sub classes like tamer is to powerfull to have it as start option u will be able to do almost any content just with 5 ostartds and u can go from 50 to 100 taming just in 1.5-2 hrs, so u will be ahed of any narrative or divirgent path options so it is just question of ballance and lvling wall.
    So you believe these will work the same for either path ? That doesn't really make sense for those choosing the divergent path? 
  • GarretGarret Posts: 151
    McDougle said:
    Garret said:
    So you believe these will work the same for either path ? That doesn't really make sense for those choosing the divergent path? 
      Despite the fact that in both cases subclasses are not available until the end of leveling, the divergent has the opportunity to train other skills different from the usual paths, which makes it possible to create a mix of a warrior and a mage, advanced training is available from start for divergent.
       I think this is relevant more for PvP builds  where you want to immediately choose the skills of your character and develop in this way without the need to complete the company first.
      Well, as for the balance of leveling, I’m not a developer here, but I think the idea is to keep you on the path of leveling either with a grind or a narrative story with a purpose? mm ? Well, probably so that you feel the value of the character, have time to immerse yourself, have time to find your things from the beginning while you’re bare-assed until the moment you get good items... or so that it is not so easy for scripters to create bots? ))