Ethereal travel scroll

so ive had this scroll in my bag since 2017 and i cant drop it, ive tried the 125 item trick then dropping my wep, ya that no longer works, tried killing myself looting with a different character and now scroll is stuck in that characters bag, i want to keep the scroll and put it with my pagan book, id page a GM but im afraid they would just make it go poof, any ideas how i can get this out of my bag so i can lock it down with my book?

Comments

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 30
    You know any thief?
    If you look on your paperdoll put your mouse over your bag icon (on CC) look at number of items.. does it match? If it does contact that GM, no way he's gonna delete it, the system tells you it's there.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 215
    KroDuK said:
    You know any thief?
    If you look on your paperdoll put your mouse over your bag icon (on CC) look at number of items.. does it match? If it does contact that GM, no way he's gonna delete it.
    yes and yes, stealing it from my own bag would be just the same as killing myself and looting it with a different character, already tried that, now it stuck in the bag of the character that looted it
    edited August 30
    Whitewolf said:
    would be just the same as
    I wouldn't assume that on a weird bug like that. (could reset it)

Like to be clear, the scroll look to be stack bug, like a potion that come from a keg cannot stack with a crafted pot, maybe try to stack the scroll on another ethereal.. but if u had one u wouldn't be here so, i'd page a GM if the items count match.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 372
    Whitewolf said:
    KroDuK said:
    You know any thief?
    If you look on your paperdoll put your mouse over your bag icon (on CC) look at number of items.. does it match? If it does contact that GM, no way he's gonna delete it.
    yes and yes, stealing it from my own bag would be just the same as killing myself and looting it with a different character, already tried that, now it stuck in the bag of the character that looted it
    Can you click and hold it off screen (drag out of game window) and then kill the character?

Oreogl said:
    Whitewolf said:
    KroDuK said:
    You know any thief?
    Can you click and hold it off screen (drag out of game window) and then kill the character?

hmm good idea i will try that

edited August 30
    Why do we try to drop it on the ground tho?
    In those circumstances i'd be worried to get fucked for good.
    Make sure u have a necro minion just in case  :D
    KroDuK said:
    Why do we try to drop it on the ground tho?
    In those circumstances i'd be worried to get fucked for good.
    Make sure u have a necro minion just in case  :D
    because from other posts ive read that how people did it back in 2017, they fill their bag up with 125 items, make a macro to drop their wep, then drag the scroll with their mouse and hit the drop wep macro and scroll would drop to the floor and you be able to put it where ever and lock it down, like im tryin to do now. well at some point they must have made it so you cant do that any more, because it doesnt work.

Oreogl said:
    Whitewolf said:
    KroDuK said:
    You know any thief?

just tried that didnt work, just popped back into my bag
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    A GM can remove it.  Or you can send to bank with a chest of sending.  I have a Koole crate that does the same thing, I sent it to the bank.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Whitewolf said:
    Oreogl said:
    Whitewolf said:
    KroDuK said:
    You know any thief?

just tried that didnt work, just popped back into my bag
    Dang, was worth a shot.

Have you tried putting It in a trade window doing the 125 item trick?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    Can you use a bag of sending on it?
    Can you use a bag of sending on it?
    yea tried bag of sending and a chest of sending both gives the same message that they reject that item.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    edited August 31
    Page a GM and tell them you want it deleted.  They can do it when you are offline.

I think players were losing theirs so they made them difficult to lose. About mid event.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Page a GM and tell them you want it deleted.  They can do it when you are offline.

I think players were losing theirs so they made them difficult to lose. About mid event.
    Just to note the reason he hasn’t paged is because he doesn’t want it deleted.
    edited August 31
    Whitewolf said:
    because from other posts ive read that..

All that time I thought you had a spellweaver ethereal voyage scroll u wanted to unbug to place in your spellbook..

If it's an old event; the dev mess with like Paiwan is saying.. Keep doing what u doing cuz agreed, a GM might just yoink it.