Weight bug

KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
edited August 30 in Skills and Stats
I got a mule with 625 weight but 574 is the max I can place in his backpack.. i've paged a GM 30 min ago, still waiting but now I doubt the GM power under BS..

Back then when u had similar bug a GM would pop up in the next 5min and reset your character.. Am I waiting for nothing? Is he gonna tells me after 2 hours waiting he can't do shit?

Edit: oh well after 50 min waiting i'll switch character (gonna delete GM request, i supposed) and hope for an answer on the official forum.. cuz Paging a GM on a mule character u play 5 min per day and waiting 50 min+ doing nothing else than looking your journal every few minutes on CC is not an acceptable option to fix this bug.
So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
-UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio

Comments

• KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 30
    a GM just contacted me.. he find no problem on my character!!

I'd like to get a refund on this useless misleading human perk: 
    • Carry an additional 60 Stones of weight

Both my elf and human backpack are cap at 550 stones no matter what.. *foot tapping*
      edit: or change the description for EQUIP.  :o
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,054
    @KroDuK

There doesn't appear to be any bug with your character's carry weight. Just a misunderstanding of how carry weight works.

Backpack weight is capped at 550. 

At 150 Str, your Elf / Gargoyle characters can carry an additional 15 stones in weight, in equipped gear, past the backpack limit.

At 150 Str, your Human characters can carry an additional 75 stones (15 + 60) in weight, in equipped gear, past the backpack limit.

--
    Carry weight limits

477 Stones : 125 Strength : Elf / Gargoyle
    537 Stones : 125 Strength : Human (477 + 60)

565 Stones : 150 Strength : Elf / Gargoyle
    625 Stones : 150 Strength : Human (565 + 60)

550 Stones : Max Backpack Elf / Gargoyle / Human 

15 Stones : Equipped Gear / Armor : Elf / Gargoyle
    75 Stones : Equipped Gear / Armor : Human

Weight - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
    -Arroth
    edited August 31
    @ KroDuK

There doesn't appear to be any bug with your character's carry weight. Just a misunderstanding
    From your link:  "A character's strength can exceed his or her actual CARRYING capacity, as the main backpack appears to have an upper weight limit of 550 stones."

What does it mean carrying clothes? or u'd say equip/wearing!
    The human racial trait is clearly misleading/unintuitive.

And when they say: "Maximum useful carrying capacity is probably around 600." it's subjective cuz to me in that moment it's 561 stones (i got 11 stones of gear) + ...

PS: Also, an error on your link: "The base weight of a character is 14 stones regardless of race or sex."
    The correct information is 13 stones.. like any horse/llama with a backpack or the blue beetle.

So when u say: 15 Stones : Equipped Gear / Armor : Elf / Gargoyle
                              75 Stones : Equipped Gear / Armor : Human
    You can sustract 13 stones from both to have the correct information here it's 2 and 62 stones of EQUIP.. depending on your link it would be minus 14..

And this is pretty much what i'm saying EQUIP, NOT CARRY racial trait.. very confusing and misleading aka not intuitive cuz now I did a 170 IQ move for my potion crafter.. 550 stones +13+11= 574/625 and i'm full.

If they do not change the carry racial trait for EQUIP give human a backpack of 610 stones.. seems pretty forward.. I would be 610+11+13= 634/625.. all is gucci.. no misleading that appear to be a BUG
    Look at it this way, your character carries their own body weight, plus all their equipped gear, plus up to 550 stones in their backpack.

Here is my fighter in a full plate suit, with 550 stones of crap in his backpack.

I can run around just fine, with no stamina loss.

(Also, because it's UO, I can actually get the backpack to 553 stones.)
    -Arroth
    edited August 31
    The character body weight + his underwear is 13 stones? (14 stones on your link)

Make even less sense
     :/ 

PS: what u showing is what I was saying 550+13+ 62 (not the 75 equipment weight like u said)

Off-topic but if u ask me the equipment weight should be one of the thing that is hardcap for powercreep (or how to limit BIS shardbound heresy items with multipliers)
    Would bring back the human on the map for powercreep on top of doing god's work if u refuse to change the trait description or give us 610 backpack.
    Yeah sorry, I meant Equipped Gear / Body Weight.
    -Arroth
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    @Arroth_Thaiel fix your equipment!
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited September 1
    I mean.. he resaid what I said on my second post.. with extra details and those details were erroneous: 15 stone equipped gears vs 75.. when in fact it's 2 and 63.. plus the error on his link said it's minus 14 would be 1 and 62..

to add his own body weight + underwear is 13 stones.. the same weight as his shield..

I'm always in for complementary info.. but when u repeat what I said hardcap 550 stone backpack (to dissect it) and add erroneous stuff.. fix your shit.. agreed, like a +60 backpack stones human perk ^^
    edited September 2
    Mickie D, my gear gets beaten down all the time. It'll get fixed eventually. B)

--
    For anyone actually following this, if you check through your characters, you'll find their base weight is not consistent. I have many characters with 14 stone base weight, some with 15, at least one with 16. (I believe the conversation about base weight has been had before, many times, both here and on Stratics.)

As for what KroDuK is so wound up about, the UO Guide article was incorrect when written, or something changed over time. Either way, it is what it is.

Additionally, in the EC, you'll see that your empty backpack actually weighs 3 stones. This is probably just a UI error, but who knows.

--
    To summarize:

Your character can carry their own body weight, all their equipped gear, and up to 550 stones in their backpack. Humans can carry 60 stones more than Elves / Gargoyles. The backpack is capped at 550 stones for all three races (or 553 in the EC, since it's 550 + 3, to account for the 3 stone empty backpack weight).

--
    @Mariah or @Rorschach ;

There doesn't appear to be any game mechanic bug here, as confirmed by a GM. Why don't you move this one to the front page, or the skills section, or something?
    -Arroth
    edited September 2
    Cuz they won't even bother moderating someone admitting to heal bot his alt account, telling us to adapt and start using illegal third client and posting screenshot of it on the forum..

I still believe the human perk is misleading, without even considering all the inconsistency u mentionned.
    I only look one naked character at 13 stones.. but i believe you with the 13-16 range.. to me it just seems logic 13 stones (not 14,15 nor 16) is the correct value considering thing like a blue beetle with 13 stones off the bat.

Agreed tho there is no bug even if my human alt cannot carry anything else in his backpack with 574/625 weight..

PS: the erroneous thing from your part, when u repeated what i said about EQUIP.. is when u try to simplify things saying 15 equip weight for elf and 75 for human.. without considering the base weight.. I was like if u go into detail do it right  ;)

I still believe the human perk description should be change to EQUIP not carry.. very misleading.. this is how u lose a weapon in PvP as a human paladin.. not realising your backpack is full with your light leather armor.. u still can "carry" more but not really.
    I told to the GM that was like I see no problem.. disarm me you'll see.. it will drop on the ground.. then, he was like can u look at the bag on your paperdoll? I was 550/550 even if 574/625