Small QoL (enter before chat)

GarretGarret Posts: 148
edited August 29 in General Discussions
  Can we please introduce a very small but very important option - pressing enter before chat (
option for chat settings), please?   
  In fact, it’s very annoying when trying to correspond with someone, you cast the entire spellbook and kill poor innocent animals around and also the words of power overlap the words and you have to look in a journal that flies at the speed of light sometimes.

P.S. classic client

Comments

• OreoglOreogl Posts: 372
    I’m not suggesting this is a fix but I’ve always turned caps on and then held shift while typing on heavy macro chard like my old PvP mage.

Just figured I’d share to see if it might help you
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 30
    I'd do the opposite of what Garret suggest.. instead of opening the chat box when u press enter (i press enter very often for multiple reason like grab the portion of a stack.. and u'd need to dbl enter to valid a message and re-open the chat window/ not intuitive)

A key like tab could shut down the chat option (like the instead encouraging cheating with an auto HOLD ctrl or alt options on demand) we press tab (it does like HOLD ctrl)
    When i hold control no text is typing but macro works.. just do a perma on/off switch. *magie*

So once i press tab i'm in combat mode and I stop talking to cast stuff.. or any other key to SHUT DOWN the chat.. but yeah, won't gonna happen or pps like Cookie would have been ban already.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 124
    "Very important" is a big stretch. Maybe on the very bottom of the priority list if at all. I haven't heard anyone complain about this before.
    edited August 30
    I haven't heard anyone complain about this before.
    It was already a mainstream complaint 25 yrs ago.. people doing criminal action when talking.
     I realised now.. Top Ronny was a stretch, it's on me.

PS: maybe he's correct tho.. knowing most of these guy cheats and do not have that issue! it's a VERY important feature for LEGIT user.. FACT!
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    actually, EC uses 'enter' before chat. 
    I can offer a work around until this problem hits the top of the developers' to-do list.
    The auctioneer at the Europa weekly auction requires bidders to put their spell book into another bag in their pack before bidding. This stops them spamming spells as they bid. It may take a micro second or so longer to drop spell book into pack than to hit enter, but may help a bit?
    edited August 30
    actually, EC uses 'enter' before chat. 
    I can offer a work around until this problem hits the top of the developers' to-do list.
    The auctioneer at the Europa weekly auction requires bidders to put their spell book into another bag in their pack before bidding. This stops them spamming spells as they bid. It may take a micro second or so longer to drop spell book into pack than to hit enter, but may help a bit?
    You're no fun.. why use a dull bag.. put it in a trap box  >:)

I'm ashamed to admit my pets ate me more than once.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    KroDuK said:

knowing most of these guy cheats and do not have that issue! it's a VERY important feature for LEGIT user.. FACT!

People using third-party clients do enjoy pretty much every single quality-of-life feature you guys stand around fruitlessly begging for year after year, yes.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 518Moderator
    No Posting In Breach Of Games’ Terms of Service - You must not post, or link to materials that are, in breach of the games’ Terms of Service.
    edited August 30
    The problem is they have to much features.. even 25 yrs ago you had script to auto collect bods every 6 hours on a mule account.. running 24/7.. 7x120 bods a month.. on that account u have everything.. auto craft pots, scrolls, food.. all the good stuff.

You don't even need to train.. it work alone!!
    VERY limited sense of achievement/proud for legit user.

It doesn't feel good... like a dumb example, wall of stone.. arn't u guys ashamed to be 100% efficiency on such a wussy move? always on the pixel in front the target, no hiccup nada on a 30 fps shit show..

Must feel weird being that perfect and untalented at the same time.. weakling stuff!
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    KroDuK said:
    The problem is they have to much features.. even 25 yrs ago you had script to auto collect bods every 6 hours on a mule account.. running 24/7.. 7x120 bods a month.. on that account u have everything.. auto craft pots, scrolls, food.. all the good stuff.

You don't even need to train.. it work alone!!
    VERY limited sense of achievement/proud for legit user.

It doesn't feel good... like a dumb example, wall of stone.. arn't u guys ashamed to be 100% efficiency on such a wussy move? always on the pixel in front the target, no hiccup nada on a 30 fps shit show..

Must feel weird being that perfect and untalented at the same time.. weakling stuff!
    I think you need to stop talking about scripts, and promoting them, it is very bad.

I think the mods have been very kind towards you. :)
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 124
    I mean, if you are concerned about cheaters, text like this over head is a good indication they are actually pressing buttons ;)