Beta Testing Weekend 6 – TBD through 9/3/2024 Feedback

PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
We will be expanding the testing window due to the Labor Day Holiday on 9/2/2024.  Please continue to test existing systems & encounters and provide feedback for balancing and report any bugs you may encounter.  Happy testing!

Week 5 resulting changes:

Pumpkin Regatta

The Pumpkin Regatta had its first races in the previous beta release!  The regatta will continue to remain open for additional testing and feedback.

Quality of Life

We are continually looking to make QoL enhancements to in-game items.  As such, the Reagent Bag of Unburdening now has an option to “Fill from Container”

Economy Balance

We are continuing to monitor how much gold is currently held on the shard and will be balancing the gold available from completing objectives and as loot drops.

Guild Progression

We are continuing to evaluate the progression of Guild Prestige Tokens as it relates to the size and required commitments of guild play.  Look for additional balance for this in a future update.

Crafting Narrative Updates

It is our goal to keep character progression as free form as possible while still providing some much needed guidance to those players who may be unfamiliar with the ways of Britannia.  As such, you are no longer required to complete your current crafting narrative progression before starting a new one.  See the Crafting Liaison NPC to learn more skills.

Divergent Path Skill Gain

Those brave enough to immediately venture to the front lines, or those who wish to forgo their adventures in Ocllo will now be pleased to know the Focus skill is unlocked once you choose your equipment from the NPC Quartermaster.  This will only apply to new characters.

Miscellaneous Fixes & Updates

• Resolved issue where incorrect objects could be dropped as quest items while killing quest objective mobs
  • Resolved issue where guild housing could not be created in Skara Brae & Trinsic
  • Adjusted Assassin Armor set stats
  • Resolved issue where rings and bracelets couldn’t be repaired via blacksmithy
  • Resolves issue where charges were being applied to shovels & pickaxes.
  • Adjusted difficulty of the Magistrate Boss encounter
  • Narrative objective rewards will now be created one level below the current Congiarium Loot Gate
  • Added missing items to the repairable items list
  • Resolved issue where certain items could not be placed in the repair crate
  • BODs can no longer be dropped on NPCs that are not crafting guildmasters
  • Resolved issue where players could get stuck in a broken state if salvage piles decayed mid-dig
  • Shadow Strike will now use the hiding skill in lieu of stealth
  • Guild Encounter players will now only be able to loot their own corpse
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    a cartoon of a boy and a girl dancing on a pink floor
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    @Kyronix ; an y reason the Metal Helmet called Plate Helmet is the only Helm that gives 10 Stamina Protection?

Could you include the other metal helms?  Norse, Helmet, Bascinet, Close?

Not easy getting that one helmet graphic.

The others only give 3 protection vs 10.
    Re Spawn rate for Frostpaw, Orc dog, etc are too slow.  Players are waiting hours and no spawn. 

They can get GM taming while taming spiders waiting.

The Other special pets also take a long time to re spawn.
    Can't Dye Tribal Mask with any of our dye tubs.
    The fill from container on reagent bag is kinda weird.  I just happened to need to refill so I bought about 6 of different amounts from 30 to 150.  

Result:  It took many clicks and time to get them all in. It seemed they were loading one type of reg  one at a time.

Expected results: They all go in the bag like BODs do.

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    Focus gaining made fresh archer gain was slow but steady however in 15 minutes of killing and dying not one gain in any other skill
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 391
    edited August 31
    McDougle said:
    Focus gaining made fresh archer gain was slow but steady however in 15 minutes of killing and dying not one gain in any other skill

Be careful what you wish for?

I saw that coming because I actually have played more than 2 minutes on NL.

How about you lock focus and stop complaining?
    Violet said:
    McDougle said:

Be careful what you wish for?

I saw that coming because I actually have played more than 2 minutes on NL.

How about you lock focus and stop complaining?
    Oh stop miss cah still pissy because you perceived something I said that offended you
    edited August 31
    I said what Violet said in game :D  

What kind of armor does an archer use?  Ill see what I can find, I have some bows for ya.

You should basically start with the things in the quests, they fit a beginner skill level.

You have to fight things that are close to your skill.
    Orcs mongbats and undead not in my skill range as beginning archer? Me healing every 10 seconds gaining not a point in healing or anatomy working correctly? 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 391
    edited August 31
    McDougle said:
    Oh stop miss cah still pissy because you perceived something I said that offended you

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You came here with a perceived issue, I gave you a solution. You're welcome.
    Violet said:
    McDougle said:

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You came here with a perceived issue, I gave you a solution. You're welcome.
    Thank you for your input do you have anything constructive to add? Are you also testing the divergent path? 
    To clarify as starting archer I used 75 of the 300 bandages I started with and received 0 gain in either healing or anatomy I should have gotten at least .01 ?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    McDougle said:
    To clarify as starting archer I used 75 of the 300 bandages I started with and received 0 gain in either healing or anatomy I should have gotten at least .01 ?
    But were you reeeally injured . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Injured poisoned dying dead 
  • Pawain said:
    What kind of armor does an archer use?  Ill see what I can find, I have some bows for ya.

Rangers are given Studded Armor during their Narrative questline, but they're actually best off with the good ol' "Heavy Archer" set. Chainmail Tunic+Chainmail Leggings+Platemail Arms+Platemail Gloves+Close Helmet (or any other Metal Helmet, with Plate Helm offering the most Stamina Protection on NL).
    edited September 2
    Thank you Brother @Kyronix

<3 
    Pawain said:
    Thank you Brother @ Kyronix

My what a long hammer pick you have
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 577
    edited September 4
    Death (Provincia) mentioned on the NL Discord that they should introduce a tameable Skeletal Dragon that requires the Bestiary of Undead to tame, and i think that's a great idea. We've always wanted to be able to tame Skeletal Dragons. I suggest it's name be "Hades", in honor of my Gen 1 WW (only 6 or so Gen 1 WWs are still confirmed to exist in UO at this point), plus the name just fits an undead Dragon, with Hades being the God of the Dead and King of the Underworld.

Oh, and if the devs introduce Semidar as a Champion (which i suspect she'll drop the Bestiary of Nightmares), then please make it to where she does not reflect more damage against Male characters. That's just ridiculous, and forces most people to make female characters to avoid that damage reflect.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427

Oh, and if the devs introduce Semidar as a Champion (which i suspect she'll drop the Bestiary of Nightmares), then please make it to where she does not reflect more damage against Male characters. That's just ridiculous, and forces most people to make female characters to avoid that damage reflect.
    'Equines' rather than 'nightmares', so that it covers firesteed too?
  • Still cannot loot bodies in PVP. If they run outside the area then there is corpse cannot be looted. So they run in and hit the boss a few times and run out. This needs fixed please. PVP kills should give guild points or gold or some type of reward system. Mages Suck for PVP, not enough mana to kill a dexer with close to 200 HP when they can heal nonstop and pot.

Gold is pretty simple to get, farm balrons in Hythloth(My Favorite), Oger lords in despise Lvl 2, dragons and drakes in destard, White Wryms and Artic Oger Lords in Ice, etc. The gold seems to be pretty balanced. 

G.M.O. is not to bad, gave me a few things and also traded a few things. 

Crimson is only doable with a large team. If you are a dexer, it is a must to have someone with you also as a dexer to cross heal or have someone casting heals on you will not survive. 

The assassin quest is still broken. Cannot get past the part in the jail where you are required to step on the tile to go back to Vivian. It is not registering stepping/double clicking on the tile. I am in EC if that helps. Also Assassin armor should be invulnerable armor since you have to go through so much to obtain it and it does not fit with the rest of a suit that is obtainable if you are going for an invulnerable suit. 

Feels like taming and damage from tamers are pretty balanced, Tamers have always and should always be that way as it takes a lot to have a decent tamer. The time to bond, the lures, the bestiaries, and the much waiting for that legendary pet to spawn all take account in the process. Not even counting the douchebag going around killing the rare spawn pets while you are trying to tame one. I wonder if we will be able to transfer these pets to production in the future? I sure hope so. I do wish Snarltooth was a rideable though. 

If you are trying to get to vendors and are a mage, a quick tip is you can mark if you are standing on the steps of a public house. I do not know if this is intended or if it was meant to be that way but it works. 

Blacksmiths/Crafters need incentive to using different types of materials i.e. Iron/val, wood/frostwood. if they all produce the same resists then there is no point in having multiple types in my opinion. 

Lock picking going to be incorporated? 

Need more questing for things. I would love doing quests for items in game like the assassin quest. though lengthy it is very fun to figure things out and find those items. It is exciting. Maybe weekly or monthly quest chains that are pretty hard to do or figure out would be cool. 

Still getting follower bugged when in a party. If you cast summons and they disappear via timer or dying it will not remove the follower count. We have given up on the quaderact  because of this. I don't even party my mage bard to help groups anymore because I don't get loot rights with bard damage alone. 

Speaking on bards, the cost of mana per time the buffs are running is not viable. by the time i use all songs Im out of mana. I have not gotten loot rights multiple times in boss fights because I could not hold a tune lol. Also would like to be able to enchant slayer on instruments. Bards main damage is coming from their bard songs Tribulation and Despair just like other Toons main damage comes from their spell books and weapons. Carpenter should be able to add slayer to instruments. Also, if another bard is using the spell songs at a boss fight then you are stuck trying to damage with magery and without inscription the damage output vs mana again not good. If you don't have inscription I have noticed EVs get dispelled a lot faster and I do not think they last as long as well. Bards are fun but need help. Despair should be treated as a regular spell and not only one char can cast on a mob. I would understand tribulation but it could still be used to boost your own damage on the mob as the mobs resist are already being affected by the other person running tribulation.

Working poisoning up is a pain. When you get to 67 using Greater poisoning the only way higher is the use DP. Well DP can only be obtained by a large bod that you only get 5 DP pots from. Maybe incorporate when poisoning a victim/enemy/mob you have a chance for gains? 

Need more things to do for guild points. Feels like there are very little options. I think the guild I am in has a guild house thus far and it don't seem any others are even trying anymore with having such a high bar before you can get one. 

Would like more info on the ending of or the shattering. what will be transferable item wise and what will not. This will help us know what to keep and what to not keep. Also will housing get any bigger? Could you not do the more loyalty you have the bigger you can make your house? I ask this because I received the ability to place a guild banner but with my vendor being on my steps I cannot place the banner. This could be a bug but it says an impassable object message when trying to place it. 

Need an Obelisk on Fire Island. 

Just some thoughts. I have created every char on the shard so far and played every one to GM and completed bosses with all except the crafter. I will say I have had more fun on NL than I have on Production in 20 years. I have even skipped shard events to keep playing and not miss any portion of the beta weekends. 

• KalseyKalsey Posts: 8
    Would like to give feedback also.  I am enjoying NL very much, each week I count the days until Friday.  Many players in game have expressed the same.  Great job Devs!  Found it hard to get started, however the DEVs listened to feedback and adjusted the game play.

We need all type of players, that is why I suggested giving Bucs Den to PVPers.  It would be a gathering place for those of like mind, they can meet others and who knows what could manifest from there.  

The reagents and sheep spawn much faster which is a good thing.  

Still hoping for a cabin???  Some of us are addicted to Deco.

• quickbladequickblade Posts: 321
    Still cannot loot bodies in PVP. If they run outside the area then there is corpse cannot be looted. So they run in and hit the boss a few times and run out. This needs fixed please. PVP kills should give guild points or gold or some type of reward system. Mages Suck for PVP, not enough mana to kill a dexer with close to 200 HP when they can heal nonstop and pot.

Gold is pretty simple to get, farm balrons in Hythloth(My Favorite), Oger lords in despise Lvl 2, dragons and drakes in destard, White Wryms and Artic Oger Lords in Ice, etc. The gold seems to be pretty balanced. 

G.M.O. is not to bad, gave me a few things and also traded a few things. 

Crimson is only doable with a large team. If you are a dexer, it is a must to have someone with you also as a dexer to cross heal or have someone casting heals on you will not survive. 

The assassin quest is still broken. Cannot get past the part in the jail where you are required to step on the tile to go back to Vivian. It is not registering stepping/double clicking on the tile. I am in EC if that helps. Also Assassin armor should be invulnerable armor since you have to go through so much to obtain it and it does not fit with the rest of a suit that is obtainable if you are going for an invulnerable suit. 

Feels like taming and damage from tamers are pretty balanced, Tamers have always and should always be that way as it takes a lot to have a decent tamer. The time to bond, the lures, the bestiaries, and the much waiting for that legendary pet to spawn all take account in the process. Not even counting the douchebag going around killing the rare spawn pets while you are trying to tame one. I wonder if we will be able to transfer these pets to production in the future? I sure hope so. I do wish Snarltooth was a rideable though. 

If you are trying to get to vendors and are a mage, a quick tip is you can mark if you are standing on the steps of a public house. I do not know if this is intended or if it was meant to be that way but it works. 

Blacksmiths/Crafters need incentive to using different types of materials i.e. Iron/val, wood/frostwood. if they all produce the same resists then there is no point in having multiple types in my opinion. 

Lock picking going to be incorporated? 

Need more questing for things. I would love doing quests for items in game like the assassin quest. though lengthy it is very fun to figure things out and find those items. It is exciting. Maybe weekly or monthly quest chains that are pretty hard to do or figure out would be cool. 

Still getting follower bugged when in a party. If you cast summons and they disappear via timer or dying it will not remove the follower count. We have given up on the quaderact  because of this. I don't even party my mage bard to help groups anymore because I don't get loot rights with bard damage alone. 

Speaking on bards, the cost of mana per time the buffs are running is not viable. by the time i use all songs Im out of mana. I have not gotten loot rights multiple times in boss fights because I could not hold a tune lol. Also would like to be able to enchant slayer on instruments. Bards main damage is coming from their bard songs Tribulation and Despair just like other Toons main damage comes from their spell books and weapons. Carpenter should be able to add slayer to instruments. Also, if another bard is using the spell songs at a boss fight then you are stuck trying to damage with magery and without inscription the damage output vs mana again not good. If you don't have inscription I have noticed EVs get dispelled a lot faster and I do not think they last as long as well. Bards are fun but need help. Despair should be treated as a regular spell and not only one char can cast on a mob. I would understand tribulation but it could still be used to boost your own damage on the mob as the mobs resist are already being affected by the other person running tribulation.

Working poisoning up is a pain. When you get to 67 using Greater poisoning the only way higher is the use DP. Well DP can only be obtained by a large bod that you only get 5 DP pots from. Maybe incorporate when poisoning a victim/enemy/mob you have a chance for gains? 

Need more things to do for guild points. Feels like there are very little options. I think the guild I am in has a guild house thus far and it don't seem any others are even trying anymore with having such a high bar before you can get one. 

Would like more info on the ending of or the shattering. what will be transferable item wise and what will not. This will help us know what to keep and what to not keep. Also will housing get any bigger? Could you not do the more loyalty you have the bigger you can make your house? I ask this because I received the ability to place a guild banner but with my vendor being on my steps I cannot place the banner. This could be a bug but it says an impassable object message when trying to place it. 

Need an Obelisk on Fire Island. 

Just some thoughts. I have created every char on the shard so far and played every one to GM and completed bosses with all except the crafter. I will say I have had more fun on NL than I have on Production in 20 years. I have even skipped shard events to keep playing and not miss any portion of the beta weekends. 

Great points and suggestions.
    I agree that Mage vs warrior need to be looked at, I think the best solution to all of this would be putting back the health cap to 150. Mages have around 130 ish health, warriors would have 150.
    Because I tested a mage with inscription and 25 sdi(cap) and explosion + flamestrike was doing 30+38 damage = 68. A mage can only have 150ish mana, so you can only cast 3 x explosion and 2 flamestrike if you are full mana, which represent (30 x 3) + (38 x 2) = 90+76 = 166 health. So even by using all of the mana a mage can possibly have, and assuming the warrior is not interupting the mage and not healing, a warrior with 200 health will survive this without doing anything (and the test was done with the warrior cursed at 60% fire resist).
    Another idea would be to put the sdi cap back to 30% from 25%, and giving inscription 10% mana reduction on spells or make inscription double the mana regen from having meditation, so instead of getting 10 MR from gm med, if you combine it with inscribe it would give you 20 mr.

G.M.O is the guy that was killing the named special pets btw, so yeah, im just saying.

I agree that Despair bard song should be stackable from different bards.

We need to have an ability to remove paralize effect like we have trapboxes on productions shards. I feel like having no remove paralize is a big deal on NL. Paralize fields will just win any sort of champions spawns or dungeon outposts, without any counter to it (specially that teleport spell can't be casted it seems in dungeon outpost)