CC; a punishment story!

Who's the person of confidence at Boardsword; the person in charge of the support?
Cuz your GM has very limited power to no power at all, cuz they obviously can't be trusted with simple things.

I'm being penalised over cheater for using one of the two OFFICIAL client that is allowed by Boardsword.. But now i'm being punished on top of it.. for what I would consider to be a bug on the CC.

Unacceptable..

Meanwhile u can take a guess of what bug i'm talking about.. anyone that played on CC will be able to tell base on this screenshot.  >:)
So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
-UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    KroDuK said:

Meanwhile u can take a guess of what bug i'm talking about.. anyone that played on CC will be able to tell base on this screenshot.  >:)
    That you don't know how to turn on Large Gumps?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    edited August 29
    Pawain said:

That you don't know how to turn on Large Gumps?

As far as I can tell this option does literally nothing. All of my containers are about the same width as a health bar, regardless of whether the option is checked or not, even logging in and out to make sure it has a chance to take effect. What an embarrassment this client is.
    edited August 29
    I don't know that my guess was correct, but thats what I saw in the picture,

Seems to be bigger to me.

Some chests are not included, and have been reported many times.
    But the one in question works fine.

Seems to be the size of this menu instead.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 29
    I love the old chest looks.. this is how it supposed to look like, without the 882 bracelet (125 items in it)

As I do the bags i put 10 charges in it before storing them.. I did the matriach quest yesterday, I was done refilling the summon balls with 20 charges.. I was doing the same with the bracelet (this is why they all split in the original post)

I was grabbing 20 powders from my stack to place them into the bracelet.. the second stack i'm doing.. my CC client got a hiccup and i'm typing "air numbers" i press enter, drop the stack away, dbl click it and select the second bracelet.. then.. I was looking at my translocation powder stack.. it vanished??

Those hiccups when splitting a stack and typing "air" numbers on the CC is a bug, clearly not an intended feature..

BS owes me 1764 Fungus.. the GM answered me ~3 minutes after my ticket and pretty much told me to fuck off (he do not have the power to extract those powder from the bracelet)
    Who's the person in charge of the support team?

Do not tell me the support do not replace lost items, i'm well aware!.. It's different here, nothing is lost it's there but cuz of a BUG...  :#
    Should be like moving a stuck creature..

PS:the non replacement politic is why I took a break from playing UO the first time in early 2k, I was stacking millions check in a white x-mas box.. I was getting ready to move on a new server/quitting LS.. in my mind LOCK DOWN was better than secure in this situation.. since I was playing with a lazy sneaky lil bro..
    The next day I wook up and the ~110 checks had vanished.. I took a ~2-3 yrs break after that, the lil bro inherited an extra account.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    I've never had CC type numbers for me or have air numbers.  
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    edited August 29
    Pawain said:

I just ran through my house opening every single thing and it turns out I own a whopping one container that this even affects. Meanwhile those bad old forbidden clients let you use a slider to adjust the size of every single container, including your inventory pack, and decide whether you want to scale the contents to the new size or not. It's absurd that we're forced to use the two worst UO clients in existence.

• RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 124
    There are lots of valid reasons top update CC but this is not one of them. Dumb posts like this discredit the VALID reasons it should be updated. 
     :D 
    edited August 29
    There are lots of valid reasons top update CC
    Amen top ronny!  o:)

Pawain said:
    I've never had CC type numbers for me or have air numbers.  
    Cookie? is it you?
    It's the same hiccup when your grabbing something out of a bag and the bag follows for a while.. u still grab what u wanted from it but the bag still has moved.. same hiccup than "air" numbers.. anyone LEGIT that played on CC would understand those CC hiccup BUGs!
  • ZarakZarak Posts: 4
    Pawain said:

My god. I've been playing this game off and on for 20+ years and I'm today years old learning this feature. LOL I'm so embarrassed.
    Zarak said:
    Pawain said:

My god. I've been playing this game off and on for 20+ years and I'm today years old learning this feature. LOL I'm so embarrassed.
    Great I'm glad @Lord_Nythrax and I had this conversation since it has helped others.

Remember not all containers use it, but once you know which do, you can re do your chests.

All of these support Large Gump:

The only ones that I wish did were gold chests from SoS.

This style does not support it:

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    It IS documented in the wiki, along with several other changes to CC, like the dress macros, the larger screen choices and 'use object' choices.
    edited August 30
    Since you bring use object.. a couple objects missing.. like egg bomb.. crafted 3k+ of those before being reality slap  :'(

Edit: you owe me 1764 fungus  :*
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 372
    KroDuK said:
    Since you bring use object.. a couple objects missing.. like egg bomb.. crafted 3k+ of those before being reality slap  :'(

Edit: you owe me 1764 fungus  :*
    To be clear here, Mariah is a moderator bud.
    She doesn’t owe you anything.

1 7 6 4 

edited August 30
    KroDuK said:

1 7 6 4 

What's the Sugar act have to do with you not clicking correctly?  Or does not everyone know history dates like I do.
    edited August 31
    Pawain said:
    not clicking correctly?
    Wrong.. I did everything correctly.. this is the problem.. the fact i did everything correctly by using one of the two LEGIT client and got a CC hiccup and did air numbers..

The joke here was to ask those fungus from someone that has nothing to do with it.. cuz the person in charge of the support is hidding and cannot admit.. LEGIT players on top of being penalised.. they now being punished for playing UO LEGIT under BS and also..

That moderator, told us to stop talking food on the other topic (when we were ON TOPIC)
    BUT she let someone like cookie admit he's botting his alt account as a pocket healer in PvE or post screenshot of ILLEGAL third party on OFFICIAL forum.

1764 has everything to do with currency. (u'd know it with culture.. instead of just googling and pretending)

PS: I almost said u owe me 3k+ eggs bomb mats + the time, after her use object comment/ another CC sad story, but would have been mean.  ;)
    edited August 31

edited September 2
    Pawain said:

LOL.. I actually do..
    I just realised maybe it's because i'm using the numpad when splitting a stack.. cuz I got macro on regular numbers.. no way u never experienced that.. same hiccup when u moving something out of a bag and that bag follows you for an instant.