Expansions?

Hi! Just a general question: Do I have to buy expansions when I'm a subscriber? I'm a little confused by the store page and my account page so any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    You do not need to buy any expansions to play UO.  You do not need to buy any expansions to play New Legacy.

You could Buy Time of Legends once you progress in UO.  It has more content and items.

After established even more you can Buy High Seas. Content on the seas.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 27
    Nethriza said:
    Hi! Just a general question: Do I have to buy expansions when I'm a subscriber? I'm a little confused by the store page and my account page so any advice would be appreciated!

They also selling theme pack and other stuff like more character slots or storage.. I bought the royal recently (painting giving pink scroll, powder charge and a plant giving unique potion)

Here scroll down to add-ons u have a list of stuff u might be interested.. https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online/ultima-online-kings-collection-theme-pack/buy-microcontent?setLocale=en-us

But yeah if u install UO u get all the other older expansion (like Age of Shadow, Moundain Legacy, Samurai Empire and Stygian Abyss included for free)
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 124
    High Seas is the only expansion that has content you cannot access unless you pay them. Depending on your playstyle it may be unnecessary. I'd recommend playing without it and only adding it if you find yourself missing out.
    edited August 27
    High Seas is the only expansion that has content you cannot access unless you pay them. Depending on your playstyle it may be unnecessary. I'd recommend playing without it and only adding it if you find yourself missing out.
    Did we needed High sea for the most recent event? I supposed we did to give the hats?

Edit.. Can I do roof without ToL? I assume I did since i can't go in Eodon!
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,375
    edited August 28
    If you have played UO enough that you have advanced characters, and you know that you want to continue playing UO I would recommend getting high seas.  I know about a year or so after I started the restrictions imposed by not having high seas were starting to frustrate me.  I could not use some things I bought because they only worked if you had high seas, and some event played much better if you could use ships.  I broke down and bought it and started to enjoy the game more.

On the other hand if you are just learning how to play UO, you might want to wait until not having it restricts your game play.  Don’t remember which event I needed it for, but to really play with my friends at the event I needed high seas so that’s when I decided to buy it.

The ships you get to use add a lot to the game play.

With High Seas at the last event you could do beacons and pirate ships.  Beacon provided 12 hats.  I think to turn them you needed high seas to get to turn in guy if you were on your own.
  • NethrizaNethriza Posts: 4
    Thank you for the info I really appreciate it!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    I will point out that High Seas was not classed as an expansion, but as a 'booster pack'.
    Mariah said:
    I will point out that High Seas was not classed as an expansion, but as a 'booster pack'.
    Did we needed the booster pack to turn on our hat in the most recent event; shrouded sail ?

If it's the case maybe we should consider it as a full fledge expansion?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    We need a block button more than ever 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    We need a block button more than ever 
    You'd have more luck asking this to the guy working on your illegal client  :*