Time of Legends: release for all?

It has been almost a decade since the release of Time of Legends, Stygian Abyss without spending a decade was released for everyone;

will we see on the tenth anniversary of Time of Legends a release for all?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    Sounds good to me.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 27
    It's not gonna happen.. HS was release longer and still nothing (their most recent event u needed HS I believe to trade your reward/supposition I just read couldn't participate with naked characters)

The only reason why they gave SA for free.. was because of this endless journey failure.. they needed a BRIBE (BS favorite thing to avoid total failure, wich got me worried for NL with an extraction seasonal system and shard bound items)

On top of the argument; HS even older.. they gave time of legends for free to all active subscriber (personally when I read the news back then I was not playing and the french news sounded like ToL would be ALWAYS free if your not endless/ with an active sub)

It was just another bribe to avoid failure giving it for free that one time (when it launch)
    So EA see bigger number cuz u guys subbed all your alts account this month instead of doing it once every ~3 months to keep the houses on your alts..

They did not offer for free SA cuz it was OLD.. they did it cuz Endless Journey make no freaking sense for new players (the 2 week or 1 month time code for new player WITHOUT limitation.. was SUPERIOR for a new players over EJ)

Even a game like DOFUS got a better F2P system.. the first zone ~40 hours of gameplay is F2P.. to leave this zone u need to subscribe.

Anyway, to make senseout of EJ.. clearly aimed at their older players, not new one.. that would connect see they lost most their stuff.. try to kill 2-3 mobs (all the itemization was SA) so after realising u lost almost everything u need to buy SA to TRY EJ.. on top of not making sense it was retarded.. giving SA was just to undo a part of that retardation.

Personally.. I swear in 2009 i would never buy SA (ruining even more the good PvP action with a shit itemization system by giving power to economy to bots)

I did the same with Time of Legends.. simply cuz, i do not PAY money for free shit. Plus the bribe is even bigger on ToL than HS, when i look at the strong items that require ToL and i'd felt even dumber than playing UO legit in 2024 if I would to buy that free shit.
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
    Wow what a wall of nonsense.  You gave 2 supposed reasons they gave out SA.
    Pawain said:
    You gave 2 supposed reasons they gave out SA.
    Wich are?
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    If both Pawain and myself think you're a trolling idiot..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited August 27
    So they knew EJ was a failure before launching it?

Stygian Abyss will be applied to all accounts for free when we publish Endless Journey this spring. While we are removing SA from the store ...

Sure are a lot of people playing the EJ failure.

Please include at least one fact in your post.
    edited August 27
    I'm clearly an idiot.. I blame my testosterone level and yes I did answer your yesterday troll by a better one.. it's a fact. you're 100% correct.

Me asking him what are the 2 supposed reasons.. was just me pointing out the obvious.. he dropping generic stuff without any specific like someone dishonest would do.

Me asking wich are?? ain't a troll.. i'm just waiting for his answer to put his nose in it.. he's just a bit more clever than you and won't answer cuz he knows what is coming for him.. It was just an individual full of bad faith venting steam..

I'm happy to know you both could finally agree on something and can share something in common.
    edited August 27
    Pawain said:
    So they knew EJ was a failure before launching it?

Stygian Abyss will be applied to all accounts for free when we publish Endless Journey this spring. While we are removing SA from the store ...

Sure are a lot of people playing the EJ failure.

Please include at least one fact in your post.
    Oh dang i miss pawain answer.. a very dishonest answer not answering my question.. (what are the 2 supposed reasons.. like i was contradicting myself but u go somewhere else like an hypocritical, but sure i'll play!)

Without giving SA for free.. EJ wouldn't exist.. they just needed a good reason (offering the worse F2P offer u can imagine) to justify giving SA for free.. EJ wouldn't exist without a free SA..

If u read french u welcome to read , when i comment in 2018:  https://uo.jeuxonline.info/actualite/54287/proposition-free-to-play-ultima-online#reactions

If u don't read french let me help you.. this is how i started my first wall of text: I don't understand the F2P offer.. the only thing I see is not enough players bought SA..

Edit: ~5 days after my first wall of text they would address some of my comment.. on why EJ would be a major failure (just a justification to give SA for free type of deal and boost their numbers, very badly) 

"We would like to update you on storage options that will become available for Endless Journey accounts. All Endless Journey accounts will have access to their bank box providing a reduced amount of secure storage. Former Veteran accounts that return as Endless Journey accounts that have more items than the reduced limit allows will be able to view the contents of the bank, but will not be able to remove any items at this time"

they changed that few days later.. I was like they legit have no idea what they're doing and this is the proof of it.. i hvn'T touch the game since a decade and could tell this was retarded.. and has been address.. but still is a major failure..

Edit2: My second comment was even better:

"Because to date it seems that the team has agreed to offer the extension (which almost no one bought Stygian Abyss) so that all subscribing players can have the same content.. and that they have says two birds with one stone.. why not offering a "f2p" version.
    In short, they didn't think about it for long.. the proof: just the fact that they made the bankbox accessible, only 6 days after the release of their “f2p” offer

PS: sry for the shit english on second comment i just hit google trad instead of doing it in real time, your bad faith dishonest move do not deserve any more effort.

@pawain now answer the question: "You gave 2 supposed reasons they gave out SA."
    Wich are? ^^
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    McDougle said:
    If both Pawain and myself think you're a trolling idiot..
    Don't forget me. :)
    I've stopped responding, I feel myself losing braincells. :)
    edited August 27
    Neither was correct since EJ came out the same day SA was given for free.  So why bother telling you what you wrote if you cant read it for yourself.  And I don't want to spread misinformation.  Since your reasons were not correct anyway.  Or we can pretend you gave 0 reasons and move on since none were true.
    edited August 27
    KroDuK said:
    I'm clearly an idiot.. I blame my testosterone level and yes I did answer your yesterday troll by a better one.. it's a fact. you're 100% correct.

Me asking him what are the 2 supposed reasons.. was just me pointing out the obvious.. he dropping generic stuff without any specific like someone dishonest would do.

Me asking wich are?? ain't a troll.. i'm just waiting for his answer to put his nose in it.. he's just a bit more clever than you and won't answer cuz he knows what is coming for him.. It was just an individual full of bad faith venting steam..

I'm happy to know you both could finally agree on something and can share something in common.

Are you the guy I had to kick out the guild because you spent the whole of Sunday high on weed, and put about 5000 lines of rubbish in our Discord which I deleted?

I'm beginning to realise now.

:D 
    Pawain said:
    Neither was correct since EJ came out the same day SA was given for free
    THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING!!  :#

Cookie said:

Are you the guy I had to kick out the guild because you spent the whole of Sunday high on weed, and put about about 5000 lines of rubbish in our Discord which I deleted?

i'm always high on weed correct.. I would never associate with someone like you and try to make it plausible.. never in your life u were in a position of power.. this is why your a cheater.
    edited August 27
    KroDuK said:
    Pawain said:
    Neither was correct since EJ came out the same day SA was given for free
    THIS IS WHAT I'M SAYING!!  :#

Cookie said:

Are you the guy I had to kick out the guild because you spent the whole of Sunday high on weed, and put about about 5000 lines of rubbish in our Discord which I deleted?

i'm always high on weed correct.. I would never associate with someone like you and try to make it plausible.. never in your life u were in a position of power.. this is why your a cheater.
    Thank god for delete all posts by user function in Discord is all I am saying. :)

Although everyone thanked me for doing it, a couple did wish I'd left them so they could read them properly before I did it. :)
    @KroDuK good then we can agree to find something else to post about.
    edited August 27
    Pawain said:
    @ KroDuK good then we can agree to find something else to post about.
    You never answered the question with all your non sense.. hypocritical 1-0-1
    Would be a nice educational moment for you and funny to me, please do! ^^
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,413
    Did popps get an alt???
    Did popps get an alt???
    In my 30's son   B)
    KroDuK said:
    i'm always high on weed correct..

Only organic stuff *smirk*

Home grown
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    Thank you for your feedback
This discussion has been closed.