Anyone get the secured repair crate to work. And how?

PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
edited August 25 in New Legacy
Last night Playerskill wanted me to do repairs.  I clicked accept on a deed, it said I have 60 seconds to complete.  

There was nothing in my backpack, all his items were on the floor and neither of us could pick them up.
We waited a while, the things could not be picked up.

I tried my own guys today.

Most of my items said they could not go into the crate.  Only things I had already repaired could go in.

I tried to give to my crafter, I got the deed and accepted,  but the items were not repaired.

On the third attempt, we both checked the boxes and the items went into my swordsmans pack without being repaired.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    i was able to get it to work except for not all items would go in. I put all my gear in a bag, selected "fill from container" on the crate and some of the items went in. then i selected "select crafter and targeted my crafter. then the gump came up with " 3 items will be repaired once terms are agreed on" and selected agree on both characters and the items were repaired.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    Ya  Most items wont go in and you should have a container to put what you want repaired in,  Ill try getting a container when I get my Tailor done.
  • IanIan Posts: 2
    You can actually drop items into the container, but as mentioned only a tiny fraction of the item types that should be repairable can go into the box. 

Also, magic items that need to be to be "restored" from 25 durability to 150 can't got in the box even if their type otherwise can.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    edited August 25
    I could not get unrepaired drops (to get their Durability up) or jewelry to go into it.I've not tested it much, but then I was working all weekend and didn't have a lot of time to play. I'll try to test it next weekend, Unless you want to leave the shard up all week, in which case i'll test it all week  ;)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited August 25
    My testing with myself worked.  The things that went into the box were repaired when I traded to my crafter.  

The idea is great.
    Player who has items that need repair buys this crate from a NPC crafter.
    A player puts their items that need repair in another container.
    Set the repair crate to what craft skill you want.
    Click the repair crate and fill from container.

Find a Smith near a forge and click repair crate to select crafter.
    Trade window opens, when you both accept, the items are repaired.

When you open the crate all the items fall out into your backpack.

Items lose their dye when repaired.

Some things do not go inside the crate:
    Shields, cloth items, necklace/medallions, Jewelry and arcane armor.

The things that do not go in the crate can be repaired manually.

Jewels and necklaces with a Smith.
    edited August 25
    I have my own private Smith shop in Trinsic, can you add me an NPC and make it legit.  I can only do under the counter repairs and I feel the heat getting onto me.

It has no sign, its a Butcher shop on the map.  Can I keep it?

temp.bmp 484.5K
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 577
    edited August 26
    Yeah, that sucked. Had some Chainmail Arms of Invuln drop to the floor, and had to let them decay because noone could pick them up. Especially considering Invuln/Vanq/Supremely Accurate don't seem to be spawning anymore. I wonder if the Congiarium decays over time, so crafters have to keep pumping it with BODs? Or maybe they just want those top tier properties to be unique to Boss Drops?
    The Chaos/Order Shields couldn't be repaired by Blacksmithing either, for some reason.
    The Secured Repair Crate seems buggy as hell currently.
    edited August 26

The Chaos/Order Shields couldn't be repaired by Blacksmithing either, for some reason.
    The Secured Repair Crate seems buggy as hell currently.
    Ya that was weird, I could repair my invulnerable Chaos/Order shields but not yours.

It said not the correct tool to repair it.  Was using a Smith hammer at a forge and anvil.
  • TETSUJINTETSUJIN Posts: 22
    Regardless of whether the item is in this box or not.
    It seems that some items cannot be repaired on one side if there is a graphic of the item facing the opposite direction.
    Like the Smith Hammer.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    Can we make a detailed list of what will not go into the repair crate?
    edited August 26
    Some things do not go inside the crate:
    Shields, cloth items, necklace/medallions, Jewelry and arcane armor.  Items from boss drops.

I have not tested many Headwear. 
  • TETSUJINTETSUJIN Posts: 22
    The items that I can not put in the box are as follows

Bronze shield (#7026) monster drop
    Smith's hammer (#5092) monster drop. this is not repaired by hand either.

The numbers were obtained from the EC client's Get Object Number.
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 124
    Why does this exist in the first place? If you want to build a community, let people learn who to trust. We didn't just hand over our armor to any old blacksmith for repairs back in the day. You learned who was reputable and who wasn't. I made a lot of customers and friends as a blacksmith by simply not stealing. 
    edited August 27
    It solves trust issues but not 3am and you can't find anyone to repair.   We shall see if we end up with repair deeds.

You can just walk up to smith's at a forge and give to one, if they click accept, it's repaired.  Don't even have to talk.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    RonFellows said:
    Why does this exist in the first place? If you want to build a community, let people learn who to trust. We didn't just hand over our armor to any old blacksmith for repairs back in the day. You learned who was reputable and who wasn't. I made a lot of customers and friends as a blacksmith by simply not stealing. 
    Did you have to find a way to get your smith to 'Lord' so that people knew which was the real you and which was the imposter with the same name? Several on Europa did.