Request instructions on how to learn poisoning

I give up. I am doing something wrong, using the wrong character, dancing the wrong dance, speaking the wrong language. I want to learn poisoning, can anyone learn poisoning, do I need to be a special template to learn poisoning. Do I need special prerequisites to talk to the right guy and learn the poisoning skill? Please, talk to me in a very condescending voice and way like you are speaking to an angry five year old that dropped his ice cream on the ground and there is no more ice cream to give him. That sums up me for the day.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,375
    Learned this a long time ago using a mage.  First you need access to lots of different level poisons.  Most likely you will need an alchemist.  On my shard there were not enough poisons for sale.  I had an alchemist so I made my own.  You can create an alchemist as you learn poisoning if you don’t already have one.  Have the alchemist create poisons and then have the poisoner poison something.  Repeat a lot of times.  I used bottles to hold the poison and applied poison to a dagger.  You need about 60 bottles and just one dagger.  Just poison the same thing over and over.  In EC you can write a macro.  With a mage it is unbelievably boring.  Think you just put the dagger and poison bottles in you pack, double click on the bottle, put the target cursor on the dagger and then click on the dagger.  Wait 20 seconds and repeat.   Has been awhile. Think the wiki might have been helpful.

If you have a fighter learning poisoning at a certain point, you can gain from fighting with poisoned weapons.

If it’s NL your asking about, someone else will have to provide an answer.
  • VerhorenVerhoren Posts: 1
    I trained poisoning up to 80% (quite slow to raise).

I believe there are two basic requirements to have access to it:
    1. Not a endless journey
    2. Alchemy
    3. GM at your main skill

Again, I may be wrong here.

The poisoning skill you can get in Britain, north of the city in the underground of a bar (there is a topic in this forum showing it).

You will most likely need alchemy, unless you know one who can provide the poisons. Use lesser poison until 50, poison until 70 and deadly poison till 100.

You will up the skill by poisoning your blade and by attacking with infected strike (you must use this special move).

Be aware - you WILL lose a lot of karma. Any application of poison remove "a lot of karma" and each use of your poison also brings negative karma. So feel confortable hearing an evil laugh everytime you apply poison.
  • PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    Thank you, will try it in the morning
  • PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    Will the 'good' wisps kill me here if my karma is shot to hell?