NL Mechanics to Prodo

Been playing NL Beta on the weekends, and i've already seen several mechanics that i'd like seen ported over to the Prodo Shards.

1. The auto-harvesting mechanic of Mining/LJ. No more having to hold down a "Last Item/Last Target" macro for mining or lumberjacking. Have a toggle for this on Prodo shards. I also like how 100% of a node's resources are of a specific type. If you find a Shadow Iron or Bloodwood node, all of the resources harvested from it will be of that type. Also being able to select what container crafted items go into.

2. Rare/Unique/Named pets, with specific Lures required to tame. This could be expanded to also incorporate Cooking to make it more useful. Like have a boss drop a specific ingredient, then a Cook can turn that ingredient into Bait/Lure, and then a Tamer can use that to tame the new pet.
Imagine a rare green colored Cu Sidhe that requires specific bait to tame, or even a named Cu that doesn't have Bleed Attack. How about a Silver Steed, or a stronger Unicorn that even males can ride. Or a named Dragon Turtle Hatchling or Shadow Wyrm that starts at lower slots. Many ways to make rare tames with something unique about them, even from currently spawning tameable species.

Related to this, is also how you require special knowledge acquired from boss drop Tomes, to tame certain high end creatures. This could be a mechanic utilized for taming new, high-end creatures introduced. Maybe even Tomes that drop from bosses that unlock abilities/interactions for specific pets. Dreadhorn could drop a Tome that allows Males to tame/ride Unicorns, and Twaulo of the Glade could drop a Tome that allows Human/Gargoyle Tamers to tame Cu Sidhes, and the Humans to even ride them without Pads of the Cu Sidhe.

3. AI. The AI of certain creatures is much improved in NL. Hostile creatures tend to aggro much faster, and if you attack a creature it tends to immediately grab the aggro of several other hostile creatures like a pack mentality (for example, attacking a Drake in Destard while a Dragon is near, will almost always immediately aggro the Dragon as well). The spellcasting AI of creatures with Magery in NL is much improved over the ones on Prodo Shards. Magery creatures will actually prioritize casting Greater Heal on themselves when at low health, and can even spam it. This makes Poison/Mortal Strike much more useful for preventing the enemy from healing in PvM.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    A lure that would allow a pet to get a different damage spread.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,727
    I'm not sure I would like the auto harvesting on production shards. What about saltpeter?

Currently when use last object last target while digging and pull up a saltpeter miter, it continues to dig up ore. That makes the miter get smaller before your macro stops. (this is based on the capabilities in the EC to repeat 10 times)

by changing to auto-harvest, then you wouldn't get any saltpeter at all because it would be deleted before you are done mining ore in that spot.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    I’m just going to say +1 to moving the resource system in NL to prodo. It is very user friendly and my preliminary testing shows the type of resource for wood/ore is static. And being unable to trade it means the scripting is going to be minimal. Just my $0.02 on it. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    sorry, it's not static. It may stay a while, but I emptied a particular tree twice and got 'yew' but the 3rd time it was Oak.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    edited August 22
    And being unable to trade it means the scripting is going to be minimal. Just my $0.02 on it. 

Either that or now everyone is incentivized to script because just buying some logs isn't an option, it's either script or mindlessly click billions of trees by hand yourself.
    edited August 22
    And being unable to trade it means the scripting is going to be minimal. Just my $0.02 on it. 

Either that or now everyone is incentivized to script because just buying some logs isn't an option, it's either script or mindlessly click billions of trees by hand.
    PSA

Resources that are created with a tool go into your resource pack. Only you can use them.  They can not come out.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024

Either that or now everyone is incentivized to script because just buying some logs isn't an option, it's either script or mindlessly click billions of trees by hand yourself.
    but the limited amount you can hold of each resource fills up your resource pack quick, i was able to do it with my simple EC macros, then i didn't have to do it again until i had completed 20 or so Bods. It seems user friendly so far. time will tell though

.Mariah said:
    sorry, it's not static. It may stay a while, but I emptied a particular tree twice and got 'yew' but the 3rd time it was Oak.
    I was going off of a path i had made from Yew down to trinsic dropping pins on high end wood. they stayed that way at least 4 trips through. No big deal though, you fill up your resource pack quickly. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    This sounds like a lot of design work just to make sure nobody gets away with not mindlessly clicking trees. Then again if it makes high level logs and crap looted from ships more valuable, that's a good thing.
  • I'm not sure I would like the auto harvesting on production shards. What about saltpeter?

Currently when use last object last target while digging and pull up a saltpeter miter, it continues to dig up ore. That makes the miter get smaller before your macro stops. (this is based on the capabilities in the EC to repeat 10 times)

by changing to auto-harvest, then you wouldn't get any saltpeter at all because it would be deleted before you are done mining ore in that spot.
    Yeah, i was thinking of the auto-harvest having a toggle option. The old system for mining/LJing would still be useful for "probing" spots for specific resources, then once you found the resource you want, you can just switch to automatic and harvest away at it. I oftentimes probe a spot 2-3 times just to make sure it doesn't have a special resource, before i move onto the next spot. The 100% resource type would help there, so it would only need 1 probe.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,427
    I'm not sure I would like the auto harvesting on production shards. What about saltpeter?

The same problem comes up when you want to use a prospector tool. I solved it by stepping away from the resource node so that I could no longer reach it, thus stopping the mining and allowing me to use the tool. (also, in EC hitting any other macro will stop the one that's running, so you won't lose your saltpeter while waiting for it to end)
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 577
    edited August 26
    Another thing that me and some other people noticed with pet AI on NL. Me and several other Tamers have noticed pets have no problem whatsoever swapping to the Snow Eles when we command them to during the Icemancer boss fight. Pets seem to be a LOT more responsive to the "All Kill" command, as in they'll target switch on demand to your kill target and hard lock onto it, even if they're already engaged with something else and have DoTs running. This is HUGE!

I can't begin to tell you how many times i've cussed out a pet on Prodo (seriously, if i was streaming video, it'd probably have to be censored, lol), because the pet refused to swap to a new, greater threat that i commanded it to kill. For example, i'm vetting a pet as he is fighting a Rotting Corpse and a Lich Lord shows up. I "All Kill" the Lich Lord, the pet refuses to swap to the LL (even though he technically accepted the command and didn't disobey) because he's obsessed with the Rott, the LL hits me with a Wither/Poison Strike and target swaps to me, and i have to run for my life because the pet is stupid. Or the pet is fighting a Greater Dragon, and a Wyvern shows up, and the Wyvern's Poison keeps interfering with my healing of the pet, yet the pet is stuck on the GD and refuses to swap to the Wyvern. This is something that us Tamers have been complaining about for a long time.

@Kyronix Did you guys really make pets able to swap targets on a dime and actually obey Kill commands, or are all of us Tamers on NL just smoking crack?
    Ill guess crack, because they cant follow worth a dang.
  • Pawain said:
    Ill guess crack, because they cant follow worth a dang.

I was able to get my Arantress to Lethal Poison 4 Crimson/Platinum Drakes at the same time, and stick to attacking the target that i wanted her too.

Another thing that i want implemented on Live, is the Devour command. Having your carnivorous pets eat corpses is cool, especially when it turns the corpse to bones.
    @Kyronix Can you make the Devour command also restore Stamina for a pet when it eats a corpse? Dropping regular food on a pet restores some Stamina (based upon the food), so it'd be cool if devouring a corpse would recover half of a pet's total Stamina.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 27

I was able to get my Arantress to Lethal Poison 4 Crimson/Platinum Drakes at the same time, and stick to attacking the target that i wanted her too.

Another thing that i want implemented on Live, is the Devour command. Having your carnivorous pets eat corpses is cool, especially when it turns the corpse to bones.
    @ Kyronix Can you make the Devour command also restore Stamina for a pet when it eats a corpse? Dropping regular food on a pet restores some Stamina (based upon the food), so it'd be cool if devouring a corpse would recover half of a pet's total Stamina.
    Are u gonna change spirit speak if u add a devour command for pets?
    Immersion wise it make no sense to gain back stamina.. more like HP.. after devouring an entire corpse your stamina would go down. /not intuitive
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
    edited August 28
    KroDuK said:

@ Kyronix Can you make the Devour command also restore Stamina for a pet when it eats a corpse? Dropping regular food on a pet restores some Stamina (based upon the food), so it'd be cool if devouring a corpse would recover half of a pet's total Stamina.
    Are u gonna change spirit speak if u add a devour command for pets?
    Immersion wise it make no sense to gain back stamina.. more like HP.. after devouring an entire corpse your stamina would go down. /not intuitive

On NL, if a corpse is devoured 3 times, it turns into bones (like how a decaying player body turns into bones when only a few minutes are left on it). You can still channel Spirit Speak from bones (although they should modifiy Spirit Speak to also return Mana if in Lich Form).

Actually, it does make sense to regain Stamina after eating. I weightlift, and doing a bunch of heavy compound sets is pretty draining (especially deadlifts). So after compound lifts i eat to regain energy (especially fast digesting Carbs) to continue weightlifting at high performance and not feel gassed out. Powerlifting meets are pretty notorious for powerlifters to be eating candy (i prefer Hot Honey) between lifts. This is due to how anaerobic exercises like weightlifting predominantly rely upon the glycolytic pathway for regenerating ATP.
    Eating part of a raw corpse, would not only be a lot of protein and fat, but also a lot of carbs due to the glycogen stored in the muscle tissue (most of this glycogen is destroyed during cooking though).
    edited August 29

On NL, if a corpse is devoured 3 times, it turns into bones (like how a decaying player body turns into bones when only a few minutes are left on it). You can still channel Spirit Speak from bones (although they should modifiy Spirit Speak to also return Mana if in Lich Form).

Actually, it does make sense to regain Stamina after eating. I weightlift, and doing a bunch of heavy compound sets is pretty draining (especially deadlifts). So after compound lifts i eat to regain energy (especially fast digesting Carbs) to continue weightlifting at high performance and not feel gassed out. Powerlifting meets are pretty notorious for powerlifters to be eating candy (i prefer Hot Honey) between lifts. This is due to how anaerobic exercises like weightlifting predominantly rely upon the glycolytic pathway for regenerating ATP.
    Eating part of a raw corpse, would not only be a lot of protein and fat, but also a lot of carbs due to the glycogen stored in the muscle tissue (most of this glycogen is destroyed during cooking though).
    the SS channeling from bones is weird as fuck!

I understand what your saying.. anyone that played a sport on high level would agree about CARBS and SUGAR (your system transform the carb into sugar.. aka temporary FUEL)

try to drink a milk chocolate after your training.. gonna help a tons for the next day.

Now your last paragraph.. the logic run out of the window.. what happen to your body when it digest protein and fat???

Personally before a game I would eat pasta with a tiny bit of butter on it.. cuz only the meat tomatoes sauce was too heavy/ lost of stamina!
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    Moving NL improvements to production shards fast would make us feel less neglected 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • KroDuK said:

the SS channeling from bones is weird as fuck!

I understand what your saying.. anyone that played a sport on high level would agree about CARBS and SUGAR (your system transform the carb into sugar.. aka temporary FUEL)

try to drink a milk chocolate after your training.. gonna help a tons for the next day.

Now your last paragraph.. the logic run out of the window.. what happen to your body when it digest protein and fat???

Personally before a game I would eat pasta with a tiny bit of butter on it.. cuz only the meat tomatoes sauce was too heavy/ lost of stamina!

Your body still derives energy from the calories of Protein/Fat, just not as fast as most Carbs.
    My usual go to for mid workout meal (i workout for so long and hard, that i get hungry in the middle of my workout), is a Rice Cake, can of Tuna or smoked Oysters, and an Elvis Shake (Banana+Powdered Peanut Butter+Chocolate Whey Protein+Almond Milk+Stevia+Ice). Those keep me going during a workout, even during a ultra-low calorie cut.

I'd imagine eating a chunk of a corpse  (it takes a total of 3 Devour commands to turn a corpse into bones) would be easy for a Dragon pet or most large carnivorous pets. As i said, we already have a mechanic where feeding a pet restores some Stamina, this should be carried over to the Devour command (especially considering we can't just put Stamina Regen on pets in NL). Hell, Gen 3+ WWs can even eat gold to restore Stamina.
    edited August 29

Your body still derives energy from the calories of Protein/Fat, just not as fast as most Carbs.
    My usual go to for mid workout meal (i workout for so long and hard, that i get hungry in the middle of my workout), is a Rice Cake, can of Tuna or smoked Oysters, and an Elvis Shake (Banana+Powdered Peanut Butter+Chocolate Whey Protein+Almond Milk+Stevia+Ice). Those keep me going during a workout, even during a ultra-low calorie cut.
    first sentence is very solid and align with what i'm saying for STAM vs HP..

the second one.. crazy how u mention the good protein (for me ^^) no heavy stuff, like; I see NO mention of red meat.. crazy convenient,!

I'd imagine eating a chunk of a corpse 
    I'll stop here.. to remain politicaly correct. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    Can you take the RL fitness and diet conversation elsewhere please?
    edited August 29
    We are on topic..

Cookie can promote illegal third party, saying he heal bot his alt account u won't tell a thing.. but stuff related to immersion and game mecanic on official is nay?

I get it.. it's because his name is Cookie!!  :D
  • Mariah said:
    Can you take the RL fitness and diet conversation elsewhere please?

My bad. I'm a certified Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, and Fitness Coach, so i was just explaining why eating would allow a pet to regain Stamina. Would definitely be beneficial on NL where we can't just slap Stamina Regen property via pet leveling onto a pet. Wouldn't be OP, since the pet would still have to be making kills to Devour, and even then, they'd have to be appropriate corpses (pets refuse to Devour most Undead, Elementals, and even some Arachnids on NL).

KroDuK said:
    We are on topic..

Cookie can promote illegal third party, saying he heal bot his alt account u won't tell a thing.. but stuff related to immersion and game mecanic on official is nay?

I get it.. it's because his name is Cookie!!  :D

I had a pretty good laugh when he posted a screenshot of him using the third party client on the "What's the most beautiful creature in UO for you" thread here on the official forums. :D
    In CC on NL you can click a craft tool and select which container the crafted items will be placed.

This would be a nice thing to bring to Prodo UO.
    edited August 30
    Pawain said:
    In CC on NL you can click a craft tool and select which container the crafted items will be placed.

This would be a nice thing to bring to Prodo UO.

Hell, i'd like the option to further filter that for Prodo shards. Place all non-exceptional crafted items into a bag (Salvage Bag), and all Exceptional items in main pack. Sure would make crafting/organizing items to reforge a lot easier.
    edited September 11
    Another thing that needs to make it's way to Prodo shards. All NPC vendors starting at the max of 999 items they can sell in a stack. The way you have to build it up currently on Prodo (vendors start at just 20 resources/regs, and doubling each time they're bought out, resetting at server up) just incentivizes scripting the vendors.