Lich/wraith/vampire form

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited May 2018 in Bugs
These forms are supposed to receive 25% damage increase from undead slayer. (Also not mentioned in the spell book or buff)

Only currently working for ranged/melee damage, does not appear to be working for spells using undead slayer spellbook 
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    Since you reported this to me, I have visited test center.  Necromancer with 120 skill, mage with 120 skill + 120 eval.
    Spell used energy bolt, because spell books only work with direct damage spells.
    Lich form. Normal book: 18, 19, 20, 20 Undead book 21, 20, 22, 22
    wraith form. Normal 22, 23, 23, 24 undead 26, 24, 26, 25
    Vampire normal 18, 19, 20, 18, 18 undead 22, 23, 21, 21, 24

Conclusion Undead slayer DOES give higher damage.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    (energy bolt is enegy damage, not direct damage)
    Sorry Mariah i was unable to reproduce your results, i again confirmed this was not working, perhaps the undead slayer spell book you were using had spell damage increase on it thus obscuring your results?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    edited May 2018
    sorry, conjuror's grimoire. 
    Which spells did you use? 
    oh, and energy bolt may be energy damage, but it is still direct damage - not area damage.
    edited May 2018
    direct damage isn't what you think it is. "Direct damage" refers to a type of damage that is neither spell nor kinetic. (although techincally pain spike the spell deals "direct damage", can't think of any more off hand)

I tried all spells, It may interest you to know that area spells are also enhanced by slayer, it's only necro spells and spellweaving spells that are not affected by slayer bonus.

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Slayer damage does not affect any area spells, only targetable spells.  Only thing that buffs area damage is SDI.  Go run your test again.
    edited May 2018
    Hailstorm, meteor strike, chain lighting, nether cyclone is what I was referring to. What area spells so you have in mind?

true earthquake and fire field is not affected by slayer.

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    Area to me is a non target spell like wither, earthquake, essence of wine, thunderstorm.  I don't count meteor storm, or chain lightning as area, they are more like single/multi target spells.  True area spells don't target, you cast and do area damage around you.
    Wither, essence of wind, and thunderstorm are not affected by slayer not because they are area but because they are necro and spellweaving...

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “This is still broken,
    from 2018
    Bug affects fel only as you cannot attack other players in tram (only guild members)

But nah no such policy of not fixing fel related bugs

maybe issue is forum mod gave misinformation cos forum mod didn't check their spell damage increase when comparing 2 results and dev dismissed report after reading that misinformation,

Mariah said:
    Conclusion Undead slayer DOES give higher damage.

you would think as forum mod if you post wrong information, you would delete it...

I mean, if you don't PvP, and you're telling a PvPer they are wrong about a PvP issue, you'd think you would double check first especially if you're going to rudely shout it

6 No Typing in All Caps - This is seen as shouting and classed as rude. Please don't do it."

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Pretty sure slayer works with chain lightening and meteor swarm.  Maybe wither too.  Has been awhile but use wither to kill knights in the graveyard on the other side of the fence at Halloween. Think undead slayer increased damage.  Not positive though.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "undead slayer spellbook work on monsters no problem
    but bug is that it don't work on players who are in undead form (lich/vampiric/wraith)

only undead melee weapon works for that

even though mage even have to put themself at more of a disadvantage to arm slayer spellbook over talisman"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.