Issue with Mage Arc

I GM'ed all my Mage Skills doing the quests under the Mage Story Line.  I was then sent to kill the Orc Champion which I did and got the msg that it was completed and got a new quest to go back to the ship and speak to the Captain.  I went through the gate and back on the ship, but I could not walk away from the gate to speak to the captain.  I teleported next to him but was not able to talk to him at all.  No automatic dialog nor was I able to double click to start it.  I'm now stuck and cannot continue the main mage story line.  Any advice?

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    have you tried returning to the island through the gate on the boat and then boarding the boat again?
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 332
    Yes, several times.  I even killed the orc champ again
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    edited August 17
    Can you post a shot of your quest log here with the details? maybe we can figure it out.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Did you try hanging around the room with the gate for a bit to see if it gave you some completion? or a message.

I talked to both npc's in the room, but nothing.  I paged a gm 30 mins ago and am waiting
    That does definitely look like something is hung up

• PringPring Posts: 10
    Same issue here, paged in and just waiting
    Yeah, @Kyronix and @Bleak. thers some invisible wall around him that is preventing us from getting close enough to interact with Captain Mattius.

So I thought outside the box and had my mage that can reach Captain Mattius open a gate to my house and took my fighter through the gate and can get close enough to slap him now, but he is ignoring me and still cannot interact with him . . .

Pring said:
    Did you ever get a response?

Pring said:
    Did you ever get a response?

I did not =[ still stuck =[
    @Pring I was able to complete it just now, but I still had to gate myself to Beside Captain Mattias. may want to try your teleport again

@ Pring I was able to complete it just now, but I still had to gate myself to Beside Captain Mattias. may want to try your teleport again

still bugged for me. now i have another arc with the yew jail bugged as well lol.
    seemed to randomly become unbugged so i was able to complete the mage arc. now for the dang jail one
    Pring said:
    seemed to randomly become unbugged so i was able to complete the mage arc. now for the dang jail one
    I wonder if They're testing something on random accounts and watching to see if we can find a way around it.

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    One mistake I found I was making with my crafter, was trying to interact with npcs while I was still in war mode from gathering leather. It's probably not related to the problem you're seeing, but maybe?
    Mariah said:
    One mistake I found I was making with my crafter, was trying to interact with npcs while I was still in war mode from gathering leather. It's probably not related to the problem you're seeing, but maybe?
    The biggest issue was there was an invisible wall up that wouldn't let us get to him to click him. after I got around that wall by gating him in with my second account, i could not single or double click him. He had no context menu, the only reaction I got out of him was he turned toward me when i tried. a few hours later, the "Wall" was still there, but I could interact with him and completed out the quest.

Mariah said:
    The biggest issue was there was an invisible wall up that wouldn't let us get to him to click him. after I got around that wall by gating him in with my second account, i could not single or double click him. He had no context menu, the only reaction I got out of him was he turned toward me when i tried. a few hours later, the "Wall" was still there, but I could interact with him and completed out the quest.
    yep, i had to teleport to him but had the same issue with no context menu nor interactive. just magically worked eventually

I never got mine to work, so can't continue his story arc.  Really wanted to make him a tamer but...  I turned my Ranger into a tamer.  She was stuck at 30 after doing the 4 taming quests (goat, cow, boar, etc) and was sent to tame a Llama but since she was still at 30, I got the msg that my skill was not up to the challenge.  When I logged her on Sunday, she went to 50 and I was able to continue the quests.  I loved gaining the taming skills by just killing mobs with my pets.  She was at GM Lore, 95 Taming and 85 Vet when I logged off Sunday night.  I won't be home this weekend, so I won't be able to continue working on them.  I wish they let us continue with the Beta during the week or opened the other beta server to us. 

• However, anyone still having this issue, please message me privately with your character name and times when you are online. Please keep in mind, there is no guarantee to meet you at any specific time.
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com