New wall placed between trinsic and britain does not show on map. Also, it looks bad.

OkamiOkami Posts: 84

This feels like one of the many "Changes for the sake of change" made to New Legacy like Shame being located in the delucia passage and delucia being in a magincia basement. None of them are good changes.

Comments

• OkamiOkami Posts: 84
    Also the exit from delucia back to magincia is still labled on the map as "To Trinsic"

And in Britain the benefactor statue is present even though this is a new shard where that event hasnt happened, so it shows 0 for all states

Out of curiosity decided to travel south of Britain to see the other side of the mountain range. It looks even worse from that side.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,638
    We really do not know if that wall will be here when NL is out of Beta.  I doubt the Statue in question will be there.  You realize things can change.  They are testing mechanics not deco.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I do realize they can change, but beta is for collecting feedback and a mountain not appearing on the world map is indeed a bug.

Do you ever get tired of fighting the good tireless fight of shouting down any criticism of the game?
    Okami said:
    I do realize they can change, but beta is for collecting feedback and a mountain not appearing on the world map is indeed a bug.

Do you ever get tired of fighting the good tireless fight of shouting down any criticism of the game?
    The wall was there the first week.  I think the devs know they put it there. 

Notice on the world map. The trees on the Trinsic side are not NL trees.  They are not done with that area yet.

Ok, so the bug is enhanced client specific. Im also using the world map in that video, you can clearly see -NOTHING- is displayed there.
    Okami said:
    Ok, so the bug is enhanced client specific. Im also using the world map in that video, you can clearly see -NOTHING- is displayed there.
    Ok, I cant even watch a EC video without getting a headache so I just read that.  That is definitely a Bug.  Glad we worked together to figure it out.  Have fun!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    That’s the differentiation between the climate line, everything north will change with seasons and everything south will be jungle-y all the time.  It’ll get a polish and tunnel pass before release.
    Good to know there's a reason for it!
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,164Dev
    Honestly, it wasn’t my favorite solution but we basically had ice and snow during the winter right up against the Trinsic jungle and it looked kinda silly so we get the mountain.  I may try to build a river, but they are really time consuming to get right.  Happy adventuring!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,024
    Just buld one of these . . .

Pin page
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• KelKel Posts: 35
    Kyronix said:
    Honestly, it wasn’t my favorite solution but we basically had ice and snow during the winter right up against the Trinsic jungle and it looked kinda silly so we get the mountain.  I may try to build a river, but they are really time consuming to get right.  Happy adventuring!

For those who would love to run from Skara to Destard, I'd beg for a nice river and a bridge. I get the world-building lift, but the RP, world design and convenience of it would be worth it. At least in my eyes.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
    Just buld one of these . . .

Pin page
    I had assumed the wall was only for testing and would go away. Knowing now that it’s to lend some sense to the sudden change in the weather, it would be pretty cool to have some enjoyable artwork incorporated here and there along the mountainside and at the entrances to mountain passes that are to be created. 
    I do like that we can mine along that wall.  So if changed please have it built on a mineable base.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,428
    Maybe tidy it a bit so it's a bit more 'mountain' and less 'wall' and put a tunnel through it so the road can go through?
    Maybe tidy it a bit so it's a bit more 'mountain' and less 'wall' and put a tunnel through it so the road can go through?
    He said he did not put the road in yet, so it will be there.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    edited August 20
    Pawain said:
    Okami said:
    Ok, I cant even watch a EC video without getting a headache so I just read that.  That is definitely a Bug.  Glad we worked together to figure it out.  Have fun!

Yeah that's not what happened. This guy posted an obvious bug, even without clicking the video you can see in the still image that the mountain wall doesn't appear on the mini-map. Then you ran in to pointlessly complain at him about it because you're so bent on white-knighting this game that it comes before basic image comprehension in your mental process. You should apologize for trolling this guy's post, not act like you did anyone a favor.

"Worked together to figure this out" LMAO yeah you finally figured out that the bug he posted was a bug, only took you like three posts.
    Pawain said:
    Okami said:

Yeah that's not what happened. This guy posted an obvious bug, even without clicking the video you can see in the still image that the mountain wall doesn't appear on the mini-map. Then you ran in to pointlessly complain at him about it because you're so bent on white-knighting this game that it comes before basic image comprehension in your mental process. You should apologize for trolling this guy's post, not act like you did anyone a favor.

"Worked together to figure this out" LMAO yeah you finally figured out that the bug he posted was a bug, only took you like three posts.
    I saw it on my map from day 1.  I have no clue that the ec map is a giant rectangle.  
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    Pawain said:

I saw it on my map from day 1.  I have no clue that the ec map is a giant rectangle.  

Yeah, cluebat, the map is that box with the map in it.

Can you explain what you contributed that you think constitutes "working together" with the OP? Because it looks like he posted a completely correct bug report complete with video and you just jabbered defensively for no reason before realizing you didn't have a leg to stand on.

• Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com