Halloween ToT Event Rewards

Happy to see another event Halloween.  Although I’d rather see a global event like Krampus I’m fine with another ToT.  I’m always stoked for Halloween.

With it being around the corner, I’m hoping we can start considering the rewards for it.

Can we get a hell steed mount?  Graphics are already there, (from animate corpse spell), I just want it to be permanent.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    Belt/apron with luck
    Kilt slot item I prefer luck but anything for this wasted slot
    I agree new pets but we want to tame them not pop statues
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 372
    McDougle said:
    Belt/apron with luck
    Kilt slot item I prefer luck but anything for this wasted slot
    I agree new pets but we want to tame them not pop statues
    I’m down for anything, tamale hell stead would be awesome, especially if trainable!

luck apron would be nice too!

just hoping we can see some new things, including deco, without recycling too many previous items.
  • KroDuKKroDuK Posts: 163
    edited August 15
    Oreogl said:

Can be obtain as a statue looted on Monstrous Interred Grizzle peerless boss (a statue gonna bond one to you)

Or.. (not sure if it's still work, it was 15+ yrs ago) just buy a horse with your necro, go to a moongate; kill it, animate corpse, mount it and go through the moongate (any location)
    It STOP his HP lost as long as your mounting it. (was working well/decorum for my PK archer/necro when i was messing around at Yew gate)
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
    -UO official forums, brought to you by BoardSword studio
    edited August 15
    KroDuK said:
    Oreogl said:

Can be obtain as a statue looted on Monstrous Interred Grizzle peerless boss (a statue gonna bond one to you)

Or.. (not sure if it's still work, it was 15+ yrs ago) just buy a horse with your necro, go to a moongate; kill it, animate corpse, mount it and go through the moongate (any location)
    It STOP his HP lost as long as your mounting it. (was working well/decorum for my PK archer/necro when i was messing around at Yew gate)
    Ahh I didn’t know you could get in as a drop! I’m not sure about the bottom one, that seems to be a bug.

the animated ones are supposed to lose HP and collapse
    edited August 15
    you have two steed.. the bottom one is from a regular horse.. the "heelsteed" (silver one) from memories is the one from a nightmare corpse (not regular horse) if we talk about the spells.

I think the statue is the bottom one skin.

PS: or maybe i'm mixing stuff up and the silver is EC and bottom is CC.. could be possible -.-

Edit: abort u mean bottom comment not skin.. yeah could be a bug but sometimes they keep bug in game intended (not harmfull one)
    So rather than recognise the effort the botters went to, to set all that up - for the benefit of the players, to help get certain items, something you could never be bothered to do, you would rather drag people backwards to your neanderthal world?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,727
    halloween tot reward... gravestone that lets you teleport to the cemeteries (hue 2707 is nice)

halloween tot reward... gravestone that lets you teleport to the cemeteries (hue 2707 is nice)

Yessss!!!  This!!
    See this is where u guys losing me.. i'm against those buffet thingy.. if u wanna add something like that make it RP/decorum.. are we talking an object for necromancer? sign me in.. necro can use it and mage necro can gate travel it.. other than that.. nah.. it ruin the immersion!
    KroDuK said:
    See this is where u guys losing me.. i'm against those buffet thingy.. if u wanna add something like that make it RP/decorum.. are we talking an object for necromancer? sign me in.. necro can use it and mage necro can gate travel it.. other than that.. nah.. it ruin the immersion!
    I think the immersion ship sailed a long time ago when they added all the other teleporters.

im not against the Necro idea for it.  
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 242
    The necro horse thing is totally a bug, but I'd like to see them pass a rule against exploiting it. Kinda hard to ban someone for crossing a server line.
    The necro horse thing is totally a bug, but I'd like to see them pass a rule against exploiting it. Kinda hard to ban someone for crossing a server line.
    If anyone sees me riding one, I totally didn’t exploit this. 

the bug is the statue, imo.. giving jackshit (compare with paroxymus)

The only thing it does is flipping over the real necromancer, reminding them they poor with useless spells.. from memories as soon u get dismounted or dismount it goes pouf.

The best use was to kill someone at yew gate; to ride his dead horse and show off while taunting  B)

That cemetary teleporter would be another reminder of UO failures.. a bribe.. another contribution on ruining the world immersion with non sense.. what next? a totem to teleport on Lost Land champ spawn?

PS: use the city teleporter from vet reward and WALK!  ;)
    KroDuK said:
    the bug is the statue, imo.. giving jackshit (compare with paroxymus)

The only thing it does is flipping over the real necromancer, reminding them they poor with useless spells.. from memories as soon u get dismounted or dismount it goes pouf.

The best use was to kill someone at yew gate; to ride his dead horse and show off while taunting  B)

That cemetary teleporter would be another reminder of UO failures.. a bribe.. another contribution on ruining the world immersion with non sense.. what next? a totem to teleport on Lost Land champ spawn?

PS: use the city teleporter from vet reward and WALK!  ;)
    Sure, I can see where you’re coming from but then again, you don’t have to use it if you want the immersion.

I think it’s be nice to go along with all the other teleporters.

• MerlinMerlin Posts: 215
    An earring slot item comparable to Solaria Secret Poisons , but with DCI and another skill

Mace Fighting and Fencing equivalent of Captain John's Hat / Hunter's Headdress

Mystic equivalent of Drogeni's spellbook

Some unique dyes

+1
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    Lots of deco.  The deco for ships.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Merlin said:
    An earring slot item comparable to Solaria Secret Poisons , but with DCI and another skill

Mace Fighting and Fencing equivalent of Captain John's Hat / Hunter's Headdress

Mystic equivalent of Drogeni's spellbook

Some unique dyes

+1
    Good call, a lot of these stat/skill groups could use some love.
    Pawain said:
    Man, could you imagine a skeleton on the front of the ship!?  Could look pretty awesome if done right.

Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:
    Man, could you imagine a skeleton on the front of the ship!?  Could look pretty awesome if done right.

meh, u go all in or you don't when it come to a ship.. they need that ghost ship.  ;)
    KroDuK said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

meh, u go all in or you don't when it come to a ship.. they need that ghost ship.  ;)
    I’m completely down for the whole thing.  Black, tattered sails, skeleton in front.  Heck yeah!
    edited August 15
    I picture a transparent frostwood boat with the fog cloud.. horror element with some kind of limitation.. cuz dope stuff is limited (NOT SHARD BOUND type of limitation) like only cool in october.. the rest of the time it's a hideous boat (no more fog or transparent frostwood "aura" full of holes)
    edit: consider cinco de mayo, also!

Let's go wild ;)
    Oreogl said:
    KroDuK said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

I’m completely down for the whole thing.  Black, tattered sails, skeleton in front.  Heck yeah!
    We just had shattered sails and could have gotten many sweet deco and qol things but didn't 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    edited August 15
    Solaria earrings with HCI and a mage skill would be cool.
    (Not meditation).

Reptile and Arachnid talismans have not been covered yet.
    Or Spellbooks?

I think very good items for most slots have been covered, except for legs.

An Offensive PvP spellbook would be great :)
    {HCI + Hit Lightning+ SSI + Sparks - would be great properties on this spellbook.}

One thing I have noticed - is not many ranged weapons - bows, or throwing weapons have been added as rewards - maybe they deserve something?

Actually - as a suggestion - ask the Community Manager to interact with the player-base, and say what could potentially happen, and ask us opinions on what would work or we would like?
    That would give the Community Manager something very meaningful to do.

If i'm being selfish I want an ALL-STAR shard bound items event.. I want all the good juicy stuff back.  o:)
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:
    KroDuK said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

We just had shattered sails and could have gotten many sweet deco and qol things but didn't 
    Good point, that would have been a good addition.  But if they add it here, I wouldn’t be mad.  
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:
    KroDuK said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

Good point, that would have been a good addition.  But if they add it here, I wouldn’t be mad.  
    Agree perfectly fits Halloween a ghost anchor that takes you to every port (including floating emporium) 
    Cookie said:
    (Not meditation).

Reptile and Arachnid talismans have not been covered yet.
    Or Spellbooks?

I think very good items for most slots have been covered, except for legs.

An Offensive PvP spellbook would be great :)
    {HCI + Hit Lightning+ SSI + Sparks - would be great properties on this spellbook.}

One thing I have noticed - is not many ranged weapons - bows, or throwing weapons have been added as rewards - maybe they deserve something?

Actually - as a suggestion - ask the Community Manager to interact with the player-base, and say what could potentially happen, and ask us opinions on what would work or we would like?
    That would give the Community Manager something very meaningful to do.

Oh man, I could imagine if sparks stacked with flame strike or something lol.

It’d be cool if the community manager could help coordinate the feedback.  

McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:
    McDougle said:
    Oreogl said:
    KroDuK said:
    Oreogl said:
    Pawain said:

Agree perfectly fits Halloween a ghost anchor that takes you to every port (including floating emporium) 
    That would be pretty sick.  Especially the floating emporium. I hate sailing there and pretty sure my tokuno boat i parked sank by now lol
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,837
    To keep the amount of work down they could re-enable the Turn In NPC for the Treasures of Khaldun event drops and add new reward items to the NPC.  The ToK drops already happen every Halloween so there is no need to design a new event.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 981
    edited August 16
    Cookie said:
    (Not meditation).

I had a laugh at that one, but I'd be happy if the ninjitsu ones came back as well -preferably without durability, since they're not PoF-able. =/

Add in Bone Armor pieces  Helm, Arms, legs & Gloves (No Gorget to this set) same properties as 'Balron Bone Armor'

Samurai Plate Armor, Helm, Chest, Arms, Legs (No gloves to this set), same properties as the Sentinel's Mempo.

Bone Armor, Helm, Chest, Arms, legs (No Gorget to this set) same mods as the 'Gloves of the Archlich" -each with a different eater type.  -Kinetic Eater is already on the gloves ircc... or is it fire?.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    CovenantX said:
    Cookie said:
    (Not meditation).

I had a laugh at that one, but I'd be happy if the ninjitsu ones came back as well -preferably without durability, since they're not PoF-able. =/

Add in Bone Armor pieces  Helm, Arms, legs & Gloves (No Gorget to this set) same properties as 'Balron Bone Armor'

Samurai Plate Armor, Helm, Chest, Arms, Legs (No gloves to this set), same properties as the Sentinel's Mempo.

Bone Armor, Helm, Chest, Arms, legs (No Gorget to this set) same mods as the 'Gloves of the Archlich" -each with a different eater type.  -Kinetic Eater is already on the gloves ircc... or is it fire?.

Good calls.

Made me think though, they do not do so much for leather, and some players still like medable armour. Although I get it, refinements are massive.

Also made me think, maybe I will design a studded leather set for mages for them. :)