year long reset

just wondering when it says reset after one year, is that one real world year or uo year? Also after beta does everything, including characters and houses get wiped?

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,902
    Gee you think we'd have a definite answer to these questions by now...including the cost of moving off shard @Kyronix ;
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,643
    McDougle said:
    Gee you think we'd have a definite answer to these questions by now...including the cost of moving off shard @ Kyronix 
    I hope there is no definite answer yet.  1 year is way too long!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Interesting question - I always assumed one actual year
    And I'm pretty sure developers have said after the beta everything gets wiped and we start from scratch like everybody else
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,138Moderator
    To quote from the original information:

Ultima Online: New Legacy is about forging your new Britannian Legacy!  While things like the economy and the game world will be reset during the Shattering, players will have an entire year to forge that legacy!  In-game items and events will serve as mementos to that legacy that will be experienced by generations to come.  This is your chance to write your character’s place into Britannia’s history!

https://uo.com/ultima-online-new-legacy/

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,416
    LOL  Guess if people would read first there wouldn't be as much  whining.  TY @Mariah
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 84
    Except that doesnt clarify if it's Real Life Year or In Game year, which is 73 days.
    LOL  Guess if people would read first there wouldn't be as much  whining.  TY @ Mariah
    Or the cost
  • Yadd_of_LegendsYadd_of_Legends Posts: 35
    edited August 12
    I don't think 73 days is time enough for most players to get very far, so I'm still assuming a real year - I can totally see the logic of resetting every year, so new players don't get discouraged joining in when others are already so far ahead
  • PinochlePinochle Posts: 26
    The price, if any, to move my character to a regular shard with a slot open needs to be addressed before the end of beta. If I am not going to transfer to a regular shard (price too high) then I would use my favorite (and full of characters) account. If I was planning on moving to a regular shard I want to play on one of my secondary accounts so I will have an open slot to move the character, to. I need to make this decision prior to creating the character, so I need the price (if any) for the character to be moved from the New Legacy shard to a regular shard.

Q: Will I be able to transfer to/off of the Ultima Online: New Legacy shard?

Players will not be able to transfer to the Ultima Online: New Legacy shard.  At the conclusion of the Shattering characters will be able to transfer off the Ultima Online: New Legacy shard keeping all their skill, stat, and legacy progress they earned to shards with available character slots.  Non-shard bound items and items earned via the Legacy System can also be transferred off.

I would imagine that if they were going to charge for the Xfer they would have said something in this answer.

Fear mongering.
     :) 
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.
    Wanting to get information is fear mongering?  I'd suggest a lack of communication creates more issues than simply answering 
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.
    Wanting to get information is fear mongering?  I'd suggest a lack of communication creates more issues than simply answering 
    No, you made up that there will be a charge.  NO where in all the FAQs was there mention of a fee.  Please correct me if you can, I am not wrong so good luck.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.
    No, you made up that there will be a charge.  NO where in all the FAQs was there mention of a fee.  Please correct me if you can, I am not wrong so good luck.
    I've asked repeatedly about the cost never said one way or another 
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.
    Maybe you should ask if NL is going to cost an extra 5 bucks a month when it goes live, since you like making up scenarios.
  • OkamiOkami Posts: 84
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

But currently moving between shards -does- have a fee unless you have certain vet rewards, so it's not unreasonable to wonder if there will be a fee involved with moving any NL characters, even if I personally dont think it's likely.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.
    Maybe you should ask if NL is going to cost an extra 5 bucks a month when it goes live, since you like making up scenarios.
    Wanting to be informed isn't making anything up in fact it's the opposite 
    Okami said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

But currently moving between shards -does- have a fee unless you have certain vet rewards, so it's not unreasonable to wonder if there will be a fee involved with moving any NL characters, even if I personally dont think it's likely.

Players will not be able to transfer to the Ultima Online: New Legacy shard.  At the conclusion of the Shattering characters will be able to transfer off the Ultima Online: New Legacy shard keeping all their skill, stat, and legacy progress they earned to shards with available character slots.  Non-shard bound items and items earned via the Legacy System can also be transferred off.

Where in here does it say anything about costs.  Every time they made a video and talked about Xfers from NL NOT once did they say anything about a FEE.  Quit making stuff up.  People use your brain and quit fear mongering.

Okami said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

Where in here does it say anything about costs.  Every time they made a video and talked about Xfers from NL NOT once did they say anything about a FEE.  Quit making stuff up.  People use your brain and quit fear mongering.

Transfer tokens are 20 bucks unless you're a 14 year vet they've never been free why would you assume they are now? 
    McDougle said:
    Okami said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

Transfer tokens are 20 bucks unless you're a 14 year vet they've never been free why would you assume they are now? 
    You are comparing permanent shards to one that will close.   Apples and Oranges.

When pacific closes, they will let you transfer to Atlantic for free.
    McDougle said:
    Okami said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

LMAO  You can NOT get vet rewards on NL so how would you use one there???  Look at what you can Xfer with a Xfer token or a 14th year Xfer token compared to what they will allow you to take from NL.  Please use your brain, I know that is asking a lot.
    McDougle said:
    Okami said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

LMAO  You can NOT get vet rewards on NL so how would you use one there???  Look at what you can Xfer with a Xfer token or a 14th year Xfer token compared to what they will allow you to take from NL.  Please use your brain, I know that is asking a lot.
    How do know we can't get vet rewards 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,138Moderator
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Okami said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

Because Kyronix said so
    Mariah said:
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Okami said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

Because Kyronix said so
    It should be easy for him to address cost then
    Mariah said:
    McDougle said:
    McDougle said:
    Okami said:
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Fear mongering.

Because Kyronix said so
    You go girl.
  • TimTim Posts: 811
    Get your sun screen NOW we only have 5 billion years until it turns into a Red Giant.

You're arguing about something that will only mater a year after NL gets out of bata and gos live.
     :D  Logic does not stop him.