NL weekend#2 Farming & Alchemy quest

Here are my thoughts on the farming and alchemy quest.
I play from Japan. I use translation software for English.

farming:
I wish I could put a name tag on the plot I rented.

I have checked with both the classic and EC clients and am confused because sometimes the crops that are planted do not appear to be drawn.

Sometimes getting back on the horse and redrawing it fixes it, sometimes it doesn't.
I tried to plant new seeds in the squares that I thought were dead and gone, but the message "seeds are already planted there" came up and I couldn't do it. If it is already planted, it should be impossible to dig it out.

I am not sure how much water to give to the crops. They tell me to take care of the crops once a day in earth time, so I try to water them once a day, but sometimes I feel uneasy because I can't see the crops.

Harvesting is a lot of fun. I would like to see the capacity of the resource pack increased, because there are enough secret regents and if you plant the same ones in all 9 slot, they will overflow from the resource pack.

I know that the date and time can be checked with a scarecrow, but I would like to have an item that allows the player to check the time as well.

Alchemy quest:
I did it with a crafter.
My skills are blacksmithing, mining, carpentry, lumberjack, Tailoring, sword GM and alchemy [given in quests].

As it turns out, even a crafter was able to complete the quest.
Even with my low alchemy skills I was able to complete the quest without dying while making and drinking healing potions.

I first collect 5 items in Soren's hive, but the quest log only shows the last one, so it would be nice to be able to see all of them.

Mixing Ingredients to make a special potion was a very fun gimmick, but as a Japanese, it was a bit difficult for me to read the instructions in English. I strongly hope for Japanese localization.

Is it an intended specification that the Black Solen transformation potion does not work on anyone but Solen? I was able to escape from spiders and ant lions.

The black solen hatchling I get at the end is very cute, but is it a pet? I don't know because I am not a tamer.

That is all.
I am very much looking forward to future developments.

Comments

• TETSUJINTETSUJIN Posts: 23
    Additional Notes

I have seen some people say that it is difficult to find the rented place, so I will write about my own measures to solve this problem.
    First of all, when you rent a farm, you receive a message. (It is similar to the message you receive when you rent a broker in a production shard).After you operate the scarecrow, it will pop up on the screen if you keep it still for a while.
    The coordinates are listed in that message.
    And one more thing, the rune of the place you rented will be in your backpack.

If you are playing in EC, you can go to the location by looking at the coordinates on the map.

If you are playing in CC, or you miss the message,

-you can give the rune to someone who has transport(recall or gate?) magic and ask them to move to the location to find out where it is.
    -If you have a rune book, you can put the rune in the rune book and check the coordinates.

If we have a sextant, I think we can get there on our own, but it doesn't seem to be sold in the provisioners Co-Op shop.
    The clock I mentioned in my last post was sold at the provisioners Co-Op shop. I'm glad I found it!

If anyone knows how to get a sextant, please let me know.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,641
    edited August 11
    The coordinates are for the scarecrow in that field.  

The plots go in order like this:

I also miss sextants.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 235
    Maritime Fleet guildmasters sell sextants. This one is in Trinsic:

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

The coordinates are for the scarecrow in that field.  

The plots go in order like this:

I also miss sextants.

I have rented two farm plot and each rune had different coordinates.
    I actually tried with a mage and a recall spell and arrived at each location.

As he said, it is definitely near the scarecrow used to rent the plot, so it would be nice to dig from west to east and from north to south in that order too.
    Especially if the player has no magical skills.
    In that case, there is more than one scarecrow, so you should remember which one you used.

Thank you vey much for the reply.
    I'm using a translation tool, but sorry if it's weird.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,641
    @TETSUJIN ; What farms are you using.  This is near Skara so there are no close fields.

I used a sextant on LS and went to the location.  It matched exactly where the scarecrow is on NL.

It is supposed to be the field where the scarecrow is located.  I don't know if Brit has a scarecrow per field.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Khyro said:
    Maritime Fleet guildmasters sell sextants. This one is in Trinsic:

Thanks for the info on where the sextant is sold!
    I will definitely get it.
    Pawain said:
    @ TETSUJIN  What farms are you using.  This is near Skara so there are no close fields.

I used a sextant on LS and went to the location.  It matched exactly where the scarecrow is on NL.

It is supposed to be the field where the scarecrow is located.  I don't know if Brit has a scarecrow per field.
    Actually, what you see in your image is my current plot.
    Just a little south of your field,There are five vineyards and six scarecrows in Skara Brae.
    My personal feeling is that the fields are close to each other there.
    There's also two scarecrows standing in the field next to each other.
    That is why I posted earlier.

When I farm on future test weekends, I will do it with a character that can use recall.