Housing and RP

HadriusHadrius Posts: 1
edited August 5 in New Legacy
I started playing UO in 1998 on free shards and in 2012 played on the official servers. I gave up and came back in 2022, but gave up again. I paid my subscription again because of New Legacy and its proposal. Therefore, the developers have my congratulations for the work that is being developed.

We all know about Ultima Online and the freedom that the game offers, especially in relation to modern RPGs and this is reflected in a RP community that ended up not finding space in other MMOs. Thus, I would like to suggest a way of hosting this RP community in New Legacy, from the home system. 

Instead of having places for the player to build houses in open and empty spaces, it would be interesting pre-determined areas with lots already determined. Sidewalks can divide the houses, in which all would give in a central square, where players could meet for RP and sell their products. This would allow an aesthetic harmony of the place and also facilitate the construction of houses for players.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,643
    That sounds interesting.  Similar to New Magincia housing where plots spots are pre determined with roads and stuff. But on a large scale.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LindaeLindae Posts: 12
    edited August 6
    Pawain said:
    That sounds interesting.  Similar to New Magincia housing where plots spots are pre determined with roads and stuff. But on a large scale.
    Smaller plots closer together would work well. The 18x18s in Magincia are too spread out, so players don't incidentally bump into each other as much, and player villages have the same problem. A dense player city as a suburb of an existing city would be very interesting if they laid out some nice roads and squares to work around.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 297
    I'll find out Friday morning if I can place a house on Ice Island. Hopefully they "zoned" some more areas to build.