Help! Latest Patch Does Not Load

BenBen Posts: 235
edited July 29 in General Discussions
I hate to bother you all with this. My laptop at home gets this message. Computer in office downloaded the latest large patch just fine. I tried full file check, reboot and turning router on and off. Did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    Is this UOclassic ? If so it's not legal and will not work anymore 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • mismis Posts: 81
    Ben said:
    I hate to bother you all with this. My laptop at home gets this message. Computer in office downloaded the latest large patch just fine. I tried full file check, reboot and turning router on and off. Did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Try 3 or 4 times to run UO.exe, in case of error uninstall the game, download the latest version and try it.  

Backup the EA Games folder located in 'My Documents' or rename it before uninstalling.
  • BenBen Posts: 235
    Thank you. I will try it.
    McDougle said:
    Not sure I understand this. If I downloaded here off this site, right next to EC client and below the New Legacy client, how can it be illegal?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,894
    Ben said:
    McDougle said:
    Not sure I understand this. If I downloaded here off this site, right next to EC client and below the New Legacy client, how can it be illegal?
    I wasn't sure as I don't play CC and there's a third party client by that name 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,633
    Probably your virus program.  Turn it off and try.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,136Moderator
    You could also try checking the 'full file check' box.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,254
    McDougle said:
    Ben said:
    McDougle said:
    I wasn't sure as I don't play CC and there's a third party client by that name 

It's the official.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,412
    The responses so far, have given the best advice I believe.
    I also had problems.
    I had to turn off my firewall, because Broadswords new download is quite a severe threat to my pc apparently, and perform a full file check a few times, as you do at least 2 patches.
    Thank you, everyone for taking the time to help me.

I will try all of this and see what happens. I am also going to take my laptop into the office and hook it up there since my mainframe at work had no problems loading the latest patch. I will let you know how this all turns out in the event someone else has a similar problem 
    Update.

All of the above I tried, to no avail. A friend here in-country who plays also said he had the same problem. He said he took his laptop to his office, plugged it in and it updated. For me, it took awhile, since I already deleted and downloaded the Classic client three times. Still, it worked. 

Hope this helps anyone out there with a similar problem.

By the way, does anyone have any idea "why" this worked?