New Legacy was a mistake. Should have developed a new classic client.

Given the apparent reality that what you really wanted to accomplish was eliminating cheating what you should have done is taken the covid money and developed a modern classic client with no cheating and anti-cheat software built in.  You had the opportunity.  But sadly..... you went another direction.  2/3 of my friends already quit today so.. yeah.  I'm thinking this will be the end of the game.  Prove me wrong.  I wish you the best of luck Messana. 

Comments

• MumblesMumbles Posts: 18
    It’s the truth. I’ll let all of my accounts expire before I’m forced to use EC for simple things like gridded backpack.  They should really pay attention to server loads this weekend and decide if they can pay their salaries with those numbers. 
  • CorkCork Posts: 5
    I was trying to setup my smart targeting in the enhanced client today so I could use it for pvp. Nope doesn't work. A bunch of other stuff broken too. And to top it off they destroyed Pinco's UI in the process which made me have to reinstall the base enhanced client. It's not even decent for pvm stuff anymore. Instead of that garbage NL shard you should have made a useful client for your paying customers.
  • My plan was just to ignore NL but it looks like it’s causing a lot of the people I play with to quit broadsword UO entirely. NL just looks like a single player retro quest game, I really don’t get it as a seasonal subscription MMO with classes and tram line questing it looks kinda like Dark Age of Camelot meets a 30 year old client that uses the CPU to render graphics at $13 a month that’s super pricey.  If that’s were the development efforts going then it’s time for me to move on. I know this forums over moderated but is it possible to have a poll locked to subscribers were we can get a scale of those who really like this ie broadswords remaining player base compared to those who aren’t going to continue to subscribe as a result? 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    My plan was just to ignore NL but it looks like it’s causing a lot of the people I play with to quit broadsword UO entirely. NL just looks like a single player retro quest game, I really don’t get it as a seasonal subscription MMO with classes and tram line questing it looks kinda like Dark Age of Camelot meets a 30 year old client that uses the CPU to render graphics at $13 a month that’s super pricey.  If that’s were the development efforts going then it’s time for me to move on. I know this forums over moderated but is it possible to have a poll locked to subscribers were we can get a scale of those who really like this ie broadswords remaining player base compared to those who aren’t going to continue to subscribe as a result? 
    I call total BS on this because there are still the prodo shards to play on.
  • Abandoned prodo shards is the sense I’m getting .. April till now one event that’s run for 4 months .. 
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 321
    edited July 27
    UO could have been the best MMO out there... It turned into the shittiest MMO all thanks to Mesanna and Kyronix. I would not trust those two to play an MMO, let alone develop one :)

Keep in mind they spent 5 f**king years to develop NL. Think about all of the good things we could have gotten in those 5 years! Instead, now, they get butt-hurt and try to earn sympathy with lame texts when people tell it straight to their face...

Also, most of my guild is on stand by. Some say, they will reverse the change that broke Orion. But, they all refuse to play EC or CC as they stand right now. 

But, who am I to complain? I am literally thriving in all of this drama. I didn't have this much fun in years :)
  • I think the original concept even 27 years later is just amazing. Sandbox, Skillbased, Content rich, risk v reward, long chains ie skills and equipment needed to farm champs for skulls to pop a harrower = wow. I’m not sure if it’s worth carrying on playing on this version if the vision is so far removed and that’s where all the effort is going. I’m really sad about it tbh. 
    Abandoned prodo shards is the sense I’m getting .. April till now one event that’s run for 4 months .. 
    LMAO  NOBODY but you thinks this.  I have been here for over 26 years and do you know how many times I have heard UO is dying.  NOBODY will pay $10 a month for just NL and UO knows it
  • That’s why I asked for a poll ? Is it possible on here?
    shootgun said:
    Abandoned prodo shards is the sense I’m getting .. April till now one event that’s run for 4 months .. 
    LMAO  NOBODY but you thinks this.  I have been here for over 26 years and do you know how many times I have heard UO is dying.  NOBODY will pay $10 a month for just NL and UO knows it

The problem is that, if the rumors are true, they have 1 senior and 1 junior developer. Between the two they have to 
    • maintain and improve EC, 
    • maintain and improve CC, 
    • develop features for production shards, 
    • develop features for old ruleset shards, 
    • develop, maintain, and improve NL.
    • add new seasons to NL.
    They simply do not have the bandwidth to handle all of these tasks. As a result, some tasks will be discarded or half-assed.

A personal anecdote is not a proof but I have never seen my old guild as angry as they are right now. I predict that the game will start bleeding a lot of players in the coming months. More than half of my guild was using Orion. As of right now, every single Orion player is saying that they have no intention to move to EC or go back to CC at 16FPS at 1024x768.

Just my 2 cents...

LMAO  Everybody knows that UO only has @Kyronix and @Bleak doing everything and has been for YEARS, where the hell have you been?  Your just another the sky is falling drama queen looking for attention.
    shootgun said:
    shootgun said:

The problem is that, if the rumors are true, they have 1 senior and 1 junior developer. Between the two they have to 
    • maintain and improve EC, 
    • maintain and improve CC, 
    • develop features for production shards, 
    • develop features for old ruleset shards, 
    • develop, maintain, and improve NL.
    • add new seasons to NL.
    They simply do not have the bandwidth to handle all of these tasks. As a result, some tasks will be discarded or half-assed.

A personal anecdote is not a proof but I have never seen my old guild as angry as they are right now. I predict that the game will start bleeding a lot of players in the coming months. More than half of my guild was using Orion. As of right now, every single Orion player is saying that they have no intention to move to EC or go back to CC at 16FPS at 1024x768.

Just my 2 cents...

LMAO  Everybody knows that UO only has @ Kyronix and @ Bleak doing everything and has been for YEARS, where the hell have you been?  Your just another the sky is falling drama queen looking for attention.

So? 

My point was that, they could not keep up with the demands from the community. They will continue to be unable to keep up with the demands from the community. And, I have never seen the player base as angry as I have seen them today.

Do you have any counter argument to what I am saying? Calling me names will not change minds of players in my guild :)

Well if they listen to your mouth constantly I can understand why.  Have you honestly give NL an open minded try, here I will answer it for you HELL NO I am to busy shitting on UO.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 321
    edited July 28
    Well if they listen to your mouth constantly I can understand why.  Have you honestly give NL an open minded try, here I will answer it for you HELL NO I am to busy shitting on UO.

I quit playing UO some time ago. I am only back here because of the hurricane that was brewing at my old guild's discord today.

I can't deny helping that hurricane turn into category 6 disaster though :)

But, keep in mind it was already category 3 before I even opened my mouth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    I see all the cheaters are mad that they cant use their cheat programs.

Somehow I am playing NL with just CC and am doing just fine. 

Ween off the cheats or find a new game to cheat in.  B)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    shootgun said:

I quit playing UO some time ago. I am only back here because of the hurricane that was brewing at my old guild's discord today.

I can't deny helping that hurricane turn into category 6 disaster though :)

But, keep in mind it was already category 3 before I even opened my mouth
    LMAO But here you are paying for a game that alls you do is shit on it. You are the definition of a masochist.  Maybe you need another ban to help feed your hunger
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    edited July 28
    @Lord_Frodo that cheater is gone. When he found he could not use the cheat client his brain exploded and spewed vile toxins at the devs and is now gone.  They should also ban him from UO.

Funny how 5 posters don't like NL but they are coming out of their basements to spew toxin about UO not letting them cheat.  Love it!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 518Moderator
    I am going to lock this thread in hopes that further feedback will be more game related...
This discussion has been closed.