EC with CC Graphics

Hello,

I love the initiative on anti-cheating, really happy to see that direction.

I am concerned that while anti-cheating is important, it's also important to understand why people were using those cheats.  Many were using for the wrong reason but also many were using for a completely valid reason.

The valid reason is why I'm here.  UO Classic Client is in dire need of updating.  People want a bigger play area, more frames per second, better performance with all the quality-of-life features that EC provides.

Is it possible to put CC graphics in EC?  I know this has been asked for before, but there hasn't been much of an official response on it.

In my humble opinion, it is important to provide players with the features that EC provides while still giving people the same CC graphic experience they've grown to love before punishing players for seeking that EC experience with CC graphics.
"everything looks stupid" UO feedback 2024

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    +1
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,995
    It would be a UO dream come true for me...
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 122
    Don't forget an FPS increase. CC looks like stop-motion nowadays. 
  • looploop Posts: 372
    edited July 22
    The EC provides a lot of great features. Some of my favorites include healthbars failing to update and dead mobs showing as alive. The EC’s use of screen shake when mages cast earthquake is also exceptional. Let’s also not forget how the EC layers all sounds upon each other. Just cast poison field on a group of monsters. 

Sorry to be cheeky :smile:. As someone who uses the EC exclusively and who has modded it for years, it has so many problems that go beyond the graphics. The fact that the team doesn’t feature the client in any NL material demonstrates how they themselves must feel about it.

I do agree with the substance of your post though: They need to have a plan in place to offer some of the QoL features of third party clients or else banning them may backfire.
  • sibblesibble Posts: 174
    Yea the Default EC UI needs work, however I am using my own UI and I don't have issues with health bars.

If and when they stop letting people use 3rd party maybe we'll have more community development with EC.
    "everything looks stupid" UO feedback 2024
  • vortexvortex Posts: 214
    As long as there an option to keep ec graphics I don't like cc graphics
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    We have been asking for this for YEARS