Hawkwind Robe concerns

Now I am concern, I hated the look of the Hawkwind robe and have changed it across several shards, all for the more normal robe. Am I going to lose these robes across all shards?

Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,612
    edited July 20
    Why would you?  You did not exploit it. Those are the stats it has.  Exploited ones have extra stats.

https://uo.com/2024/07/19/transmog-potion-exploit/
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 269
    Pawain said:
    Why would you?  You did not exploit it. Those are the stats it has.  Exploited ones have extra stats.

How would he know that if the dev's don't communicate better what the exploit was?

edited July 20
    Pawain said:

How would he know that if the dev's don't communicate better what the exploit was?

The exploit ones have extra stats like this.  No, they do not communicate how to do exploits.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,769
    Well you would think that they would have picked better words to explain that
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
    edited July 20
    First sentence:  I would like to address the exploit that is currently active with Hawkwind’s robe. 

When I read that, I knew that this not affect me. I did not exploit mine or even know there was an exploit.

They were made aware of this issue this morning.  They are acting pretty quickly IMO.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 855

Talk about the gift that keeps on giving.

I wonder if these items will be addressed?  Or perhaps they already have been?

Yes.  They will not be wearable soon. You can turn them in for a potion refund. 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 851
    I thought the meaning of the message regarding the robes was a little fuzzy. I read it as the Hawkwind robes, transmogrified or not, will either be deleted or turned into deco only. My Husband said he thinks it means only the robes that have been altered with the exploit will be deleted. 

I don’t think it’s very clear exactly what is intended. 
    edited July 20
    Why would they delete your hawkwinds robe?  They still drop.  Did they say they will no longer drop? Nope.

They are not going to announce how to do the exploit.

Key word here is EXPLOIT.  

At least they warned players.  Exploited pets reset to random low stats without warning.  One day your dragon turtle has 2000str and the next day it has 600 and messed up resists.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 855
    edited July 20
    Pawain said:

Yes.  They will not be wearable soon. You can turn them in for a potion refund. 

Are you sure about that - did you read the "these" link?

I guess "they will no be wearable soon" does match what will eventually happen with the above, since the items will be deleted at 0/0 durability.  How to get the potion back at that point is an interesting question.

Personally, I'd say it would be better to fix the issues affecting honest, paying users first.  e.g. issues that can lead to items being unexpectedly deleted.

The change for the hawkwind/archlich robe stats issue could, in theory, wait a long long time - e.g. let these continue accumulating, and then render the items useless en-masse.

put another way:  if money was being mistakenly deleted from customer accounts by a bank, you can be sure that would get fixed immediately.  if a customer somehow caused a bank to use the wrong interest rate, to erroneous benefit of the customer, that's something a bank could easilly unwind and recover from, in a less urgent manner.
  • I was confused by their statement and I still am. They need to use more precise language. Because I, also, read the statement as applying to every transmogrified Hawkwind Robe. UO does not have the best history at managing this kind of thing, so a tad bit of irrationality from the player base is understandable under such circumstances.
    @Pawain I can’t imagine all players with robes involved in the exploit will be visited by Mesanna to sort this out. I figured there’d be an all shards clean up of a sort, regardless of who reaches out to Mesanna and who doesn’t. 

I thought it might not be that easy to ferret out code that only shows robes that had the exploit applied to them. Or robes that had a potion used on them from robes that hadn’t. 

So, I thought they might clean up all the items that show up as hawkwind robes, stop the spawn of robes until the fix, then bring the robe spawn back. What do I know? I’m just saying the message didn’t seem as clear as it could have been.

I assume you’re saying the only robes the message is referring to are illegally transmogrified robes. Well, I hope that’s how it shakes out. Again, I don’t think the message made that clear.

And nothing I said had anything to do with revealing how the exploit was done. So I’m not sure where you’re coming from on that. 
    LilyGrace said:
    @ Pawain I can’t imagine all players with robes involved in the exploit will be visited by Mesanna to sort this out. I figured there’d be an all shards clean up of a sort, regardless of who reaches out to Mesanna and who doesn’t. 

I thought it might not be that easy to ferret out code that only shows robes that had the exploit applied to them. Or robes that had a potion used on them from robes that hadn’t. 

So, I thought they might clean up all the items that show up as hawkwind robes, stop the spawn of robes until the fix, then bring the robe spawn back. What do I know? I’m just saying the message didn’t seem as clear as it could have been.

I assume you’re saying the only robes the message is referring to are illegally transmogrified robes. Well, I hope that’s how it shakes out. Again, I don’t think the message made that clear.

And nothing I said had anything to do with revealing how the exploit was done. So I’m not sure where you’re coming from on that. 
    Was a PvP booster exploit.  That's why you and 99% of UO did not know about it. I did not either, until I saw a post in the bugs forum about it.  

The devs will not reveal the exploit,  where did I say otherwise? 

Only Hawkwind’s robes that have exploited stats will be affected.  

Yes @ForeverFun every time I write that I think, unless they muck it up.

I agree the repair issues should be fixed. I don't know how time consuming that would be.  I'm just waving at @LilyGrace while smoking a cigar in a zero gravity chair under some giant trees with nature sounds all around in front of a cottage outside Stevensville Michigan.  B)

Don't stress over your Hawkwind’s. 
    Pawain said:
    The devs will not reveal the exploit,  where did I say otherwise? 

Stop saying that! No one said anything about that! I hope you fall out of your 0 gravity chair! 
    Jk

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    I said in discord the other day, that the devs were going to do something about these robes immediately, and continue letting O---n client slide,   just so I'm clear, O---n client does a hell of a lot more for the people using it than what one could get from using any combination of robes with this exploit currently in-game can provide.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659