Players using *****

edited July 16 in PvP / VvV
I am not sure why anyone would want to use this "Illegal" program.  It IS cheating, and cheating defeats the whole purpose of playing the game.  Games are meant to provide a challenge via manipulating the keyboard keys/controls, and pitting your abilities against others.  Using Orion just lets a program do half your work for you.  Perhaps you would like it if it just did everything for you, and you could just sit back and watch it like a movie.  Or, just create "The Button", you run on the screen with everyone, push "The Button", and everyone dies, you win, YAY!!!  Whatever, think about it.

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 780
    edited July 17
    These clients need to be blocked and/or the players that have abused them for this long need to be punished.

Multi stage approach:
    • Detection
    • Keep track of the accounts that use them for a time period
    • Ban wave
    I really don't have anything against 'cheating' in the game but let me clarify: it's the simple things, such as training skills AND if done attended, I don't see a problem. I'm a softy, what can I say. It's like in Path of Exile having to do Ascendancy for every damn character. However using these clients to run multibox trains AFK in these ToTs, bot farms, and to gain severe advantage in PVP should be completely unacceptable. Not to mention you're just a POS for cheating in PVP. I haven't PVP'd in years and yes, tools existed back then, but they sucked and no where freaking near what I've see from these current ones.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    The concensus amongst the 1000s of redit/discord users is that it's legal by decades of non enforcement 
  • Jha_durJha_dur Posts: 19
    Grimbeard said:
    The concensus amongst the 1000s of redit/discord users is that it's legal by decades of non enforcement 

I would say as much too.

I have been back a year myself. I was heavily into PvP before I stopped playing regularly around 2016 time frame. I will say that the scene has changed and I would say not for the better. Occasionally you can find an 'honest' fight in which the other person is not automating their fight or is at least automating it in a way that is believable. I will still keep playing for a bit although it is less for the PvP and more for the exploration of UO again. Remembering things I had forgotten and discovering new things. Creating challenged for myself in game.
    username said:
    These clients need to be blocked and/or the players that have abused them for this long need to be punished.

Multi stage approach:
    • Detection
    • Keep track of the accounts that use them for a time period
    • Ban wave
    I think the powers that be know how many people use them and know that if they said "no" those people would pack up their toys and go home. That means less money coming in and nothing good can come from that long term. If the crack down was going to occur it should have occurred years ago before the use of these tools ran off the "honest' players.

If we are talking about it though. I know of a large amount of people who use the program and who do not PvP. They use it because they A. dislike the enhanced client and B. need actual functionality of the classic client. They go hitting the 'ban' button they are signing their own pink slips.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    Grimbeard said:
    I am not sure because every time you log in you agree to UO/EAs terms and their terms say it is illegal.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    There are far fewer people playing UO anymore that aren't using That client.
    There's also a lot fewer people playing UO overall.   many because of a complete lack of rule- enforcement.

with the recent announcements regarding thrid-party programs.
    Maybe soon, everyone will be using the only legal clients again....  hopefully it's not too late to get some of those players who quit because of this garbage to come back.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659