Beware Napa Valley Idocs!!!!

So yesterday I encountered for the first time someone releasing a Dimetrosaur at an Idoc on Napa Valley in Tram.  It managed to deadly poison almost everyone and then proceed to chase down anyone still alive inside.  The lovely creature was named horse.  I did not catch the owner's name but supposedly they made a comment, oops I'm sorry.  Okay.  People can make mistakes but kinda fishy it happened just as the walls fell to reveal a really full idoc.  Later that night there was yet another Tram Idoc on Napa Valley and low and behold, we once again encountered a Dimetrosaur killing any one and their pets at another good idoc.  
So be warned and prepared all you idocers out there.  You think you are safe at these Tram Idocs but there may yet be a deadly creature about to kill you happily.

Comments

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 855
    Cute little pets, aren't they?

I've seen Cu's go wild/be released by Blues at Fel Idocs.

The fireworks would be bigger if pet didn't suffer stat/skill loss.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 91
    Onixia said:
    So yesterday I encountered for the first time someone releasing a Dimetrosaur at an Idoc on Napa Valley in Tram.  It managed to deadly poison almost everyone and then proceed to chase down anyone still alive inside.  The lovely creature was named horse.  I did not catch the owner's name but supposedly they made a comment, oops I'm sorry.  Okay.  People can make mistakes but kinda fishy it happened just as the walls fell to reveal a really full idoc.  Later that night there was yet another Tram Idoc on Napa Valley and low and behold, we once again encountered a Dimetrosaur killing any one and their pets at another good idoc.  
    So be warned and prepared all you idocers out there.  You think you are safe at these Tram Idocs but there may yet be a deadly creature about to kill you happily.

modus operandi from lie guild on nappa....smell like a rat because we cant say name here
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    guy's probably sick of scripters, watch, if devs intervene it's going to nerf the released pet instead of addressing the real issue.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    CovenantX said:
    guy's probably sick of scripters, watch, if devs intervene it's going to nerf the released pet instead of addressing the real issue.

No one is bothering to script on Napa..
  • MumblesMumbles Posts: 18
    Grimbeard said:
    CovenantX said:

I’m not sure if you’ve been to an idoc lately , but the barrel punching festivities are some of the most blatant scripting I’ve seen.  Same character names on every shard gating their multiple chracters in. The same characters running from barrel to barrel, stepping on top of each other.  Or perhaps you already knew this 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    Grimbeard said:
    CovenantX said:

scripts were run on 'dead shards' for a very long time, before the scripters discovered there's no punishment for it.    only the last ~5 or so years it's all out in the open for everyone to see.

people been scripting very small scale basically since trammel came out, I'm sure it would have happened even if trammel hadn't come out, but it wouldn't have been as easy.  now that the playerbase has thinned, anyone can script anything even in fel for the most part.

probably why almost every guild runs or has access to cams, no one wants to search for spawns manually anymore, so it's all done by script to tell players if/when there's action.  keep in mind, 'cams' are probably the least damage thing scripts are used for.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • MumblesMumbles Posts: 18
    CovenantX said:
    Grimbeard said:
    CovenantX said:

scripts were run on 'dead shards' for a very long time, before the scripters discovered there's no punishment for it.    only the last ~5 or so years it's all out in the open for everyone to see.

people been scripting very small scale basically since trammel came out, I'm sure it would have happened even if trammel hadn't come out, but it wouldn't have been as easy.  now that the playerbase has thinned, anyone can script anything even in fel for the most part.

probably why almost every guild runs or has access to cams, no one wants to search for spawns manually anymore, so it's all done by script to tell players if/when there's action.  keep in mind, 'cams' are probably the least damage thing scripts are used for.
    1000%.  On my home shard of Sonoma there is a guild who has kept "cams" at entrance of Destard and other locations for years. These characters are guilded and use guild chat to announce anyone seen on the screen. This is obviously kept in the chat logs of the game, but has and probably always will be allowed. I'm sure everyone from Sonoma knows exactly who I am talking about and yet it continues. Now of course the cameras are mobile and scan every champ spawn in dungeons and t2a, broadcasting to discord groups.  I have lost friends who loved doing champ spawns but on our "dead" shard they were constantly being raided.  EPIC guild knows what I mean. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,153
    Ok let me clarify home placing scripters don't bother with Napa  ;)
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,020
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• stevensteven Posts: 90
    then been doing this for a while. any way to get a head then will do it. sad idocs became new uo events lol. old way was way way better  
  • sibblesibble Posts: 174
    "everything looks stupid" UO feedback 2024
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 574
    edited July 4

Yep. There are 18x18 spots everywhere on Napa, even larger spots as well. I remember for awhile there was even open spots in Luna and Zento.
    I have two Castles on Napa, one right in front of the other.