Suggestion for new shard, one that GOLD has value

Rufus_The_hermitRufus_The_hermit Posts: 13
edited May 28 in General Discussions
I need a new shard to go but it needs to have this speciffic characteristics that I have in mind : it can not have NPC vendors with crazy prices. Yes, like having lockpicks or empty bottles or ANYTHING for a too high price for sale. This means that it will also BUY the thing for that price.

The reason for this is economy, you know, the VALUE OF GOLD. I want to make a T-Hunter toon and it does not make any sense to spend an hour looking for and digging up treasure if one can just fill a pack of mules with lockpicks (or whatever) bought cheap in one NPC then gate to another NPC that sells the thing for 3x as much gold. This way treasure hunting makes no sense since anyone comes across enough gold worth 3 hour treasure hunting by just spending 5 min gateing between NPCs.

I say I need a "new" server to go because I already do play one that could not possibly have this problem AT ALL : Siege Perilous. NPCs do not buy anything there so this problem can never exist. The new problem, as you might guess, is that SIege is no place to be hanging around in a template that spends half its total skill points into drawing maps and handling trinkets and non-surviving stuff.

So... Where else could I go?

Again : it must be a place with FIXED PRICES, that is, the same thing costs the same price in all merchants.

As an exemple, I used to play Europa and just gave up expecting that gold would ever make any sense there the day I have seen empty bottles yield a 50 gold profit for each of them . A one-stone stackable yielding a 50 gold profit each... Imagine 5 pack mules full of them... Ridiculous.

Again : where to? Any suggestion?

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 2,020
    edited May 28
    I'll disagree on this
     "SIege is no place to be hanging around in a template that spends half its total skill points into drawing maps and handling trinkets and non-surviving stuff."
     I made a lot of bank and a lot of friends on a zero defensive capabiility template. I had no hiding/stealth/magery/weapon skills. The only defensive skills I had were my wits and my mouth (blessing and a curse) I made friends and loyal customers that even if they still killed me only took a small amount of what i carried. You can recover from total loss in mere minutes and death is only temporary. A new shard is not needed in my opinion because you are already playing the shard you want, you just need to learn how to survive it. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,423
    I'm not sure what you're problem is on Europa, but I can find empty bottles at 5gp each, that's the price I've usually bought them for, that's when I haven't mined some sand up and just made my own instead of buying them.
    Lockpicks are 12gp, if you don't have a tinker.  Again, I make my own. Try looking around different shops?
  • @Petra_Fyde

True, one can find the standard 5gold per bottle in Europa, but ALSO for 47gold, and THAT is the problem : fill 5 pack mules with bottles bought for 5gold in one NPC, gate to the other to sell bottles for ~35gold each. First I thought it was a bug or glitch but found that kind of thing on most shards I chcked.

At this moment at Europa, for instance, the provisioner by Brit bank sells arrows for 79gold. Yes, SEVENTY NINE gold per arrow. It is a stackable and very light. Also, the same NPC sells lockpicks for 34gold, the healer close to the fletcher sells bandages for 16gold... And so on

So the problem is not the lack of regular priced things but the existence of uber priced ones so that it seems to render t-hunting and most of crafting pointless. One can get millionaire in a day with that and it takes zero skill in anything.

Now I do not say the shard should change that, not really. If folks like that way, fine, but I would prefer to transfer to somewhere else without that. --> Hence the question : where to?

As I said, I could not possibly test out every vendor in every shard to figure out things by myself, so if anyone KNOWS that their shard is ALL fixed prices, let me know!
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    edited May 29
    Gold still has value on siege perilous.

fel only, no xfer.... oh yea, npc's don't buy items, that's also a big one.... However, the price of npc's items are driven up because people buy them, every 1000 items bought from the vendor, increases that item's price 1gp.
    not sure how long it takes to reset, but making gold that way is only possible when someone has already driven the price up.  Also, the price comes down 1gp each time 1000 of that item is sold to that vendor.

Maybe NL shard would have something closer to what you're looking for... but seeing as it's supposedly going to be a "seasonal" shard, the gold will lose value toward the end of each given season (if they stick with that, anyway)
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,408
    @ Petra_Fyde

True, one can find the standard 5gold per bottle in Europa, but ALSO for 47gold, and THAT is the problem : fill 5 pack mules with bottles bought for 5gold in one NPC, gate to the other to sell bottles for ~35gold each. First I thought it was a bug or glitch but found that kind of thing on most shards I chcked.

At this moment at Europa, for instance, the provisioner by Brit bank sells arrows for 79gold. Yes, SEVENTY NINE gold per arrow. It is a stackable and very light. Also, the same NPC sells lockpicks for 34gold, the healer close to the fletcher sells bandages for 16gold... And so on

So the problem is not the lack of regular priced things but the existence of uber priced ones so that it seems to render t-hunting and most of crafting pointless. One can get millionaire in a day with that and it takes zero skill in anything.

Now I do not say the shard should change that, not really. If folks like that way, fine, but I would prefer to transfer to somewhere else without that. --> Hence the question : where to?

As I said, I could not possibly test out every vendor in every shard to figure out things by myself, so if anyone KNOWS that their shard is ALL fixed prices, let me know!
    All NPC work the same on all prodo shards
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,423
    @ Petra_Fyde

Yes, you can make gold that way - but is it fun?  If you only 'play' the game to make gold, that could be the way to go, but in my view that's not playing. I play to enjoy my playing time. That means I dig maps, I craft items, I hunt monsters, I tame and train pets. I do the things I enjoy, and to be honest, I don't really care whether I make much gold doing it, or sometimes any gold at all. 
    Make 'fun' your aim instead of 'gold' and the game has much more to offer. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,372
    edited May 29
    NPC prices vary widely on some items.  When I was collecting hides, by accident mostly, I found an NPC paying probably two or three times or more more for them than any other NPC.  When I was collecting bottles I found most NPC’s selling empty bottles for more than what any of their potions cost, and paying just 3 to 5 gold for the empties.   NPC vendors only pay 2 to 13 gold for legendary rings, and for any treasure map you are lucky to get 10 gold.  For spellbooks selling in the millions on vendor search, I think you get 6 gold from an NPC.  As far as buying goes, think the game’s culture dictates that you look around for the best deals.  Think a longtime ago, developers wanted players to get those deals, and then use those materials to make things they could sell at a profit to NPC vendors.  But with what the good stuff costs today on vendor search, do not see how you could make enough gold to buy anything.  Might be a viable option for newer players without much gold to begin with who are buying basic stuff that does not cost that much.

Agree with others, gold prices should be more uniform on the NL shard.  Was wondering how that will work.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,240
    @ Petra_Fyde

At this moment at Europa, for instance, the provisioner by Brit bank sells arrows for 79gold. Yes, SEVENTY NINE gold per arrow. It is a stackable and very light.

This is because the people that have the scripter/bots create a script to "buy arrows" or whatever and that's where they go buy them so the price eventually gets up to 79gp per arrow. Additionally, they don't really care about the price that much (saving 40-50gp) because time is money and it's easier to just pay the extra 400k to get back into the void pool (in this instance) to get more drops which they will sell for 200k each. In the grand scheme of things they aren't going to worry about the difference in price which is equivalent to a few drops.

When people actually playing the game go to buy goods; they see that the easy to reach places like Luna/Brit/etc are expensive so they go somewhere else. As Petra mentioned; you could easily do this... how much do you think you would make in an hour?? Would you enjoy that? How much do you think you would make farming X (hats/power scrolls/t chest/etc) in that hour? Would you enjoy that more?