Legacy Phoenix 2

2»

Comments

• ArchnightArchnight Posts: 48

Anyways, I'm out of here before they lock this one as well

Honestly they should, am I the only one that's seriously annoyed with this request? The OP needs to accept that the UO Eagle was never a Phoenix to begin with, yes i'll agree the colors might be off abit for the hues but it was a change in the right direction overall

This is the UO Eagle
    Eaglepng
    And this is the revised UO Phoenix
    Greater phoenixpng

Case closed, let's move on to more important things

• SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    Since it appeared on the scean back some 15+ years ago, it was a dark red hued eagle...so what?
    Alot of Phoenix itterations are the same, a dark red or fire eagle type bird.
    The point was...it was good enough then and even when it was pushed out as a pet is was STILL the dark red eagle. Not one mention of it "going to be changed".
    Then some really bad pvp'ers complained it was too fast and killed them to quickly (really another arguement) and it got nerfed on speed...and they changed the graphics for what we can all tell...the hell of it?
    I no not of any self respecting pvp'er that would openly admit to trying to click on the subjet itself to drag the bar off.....please let us know if this is how y'all "pvp" cos we could do with a good laugh on these boards.

No, the Phoenix was going to be the answer to my prayers and finally have a decent pet that was SMALLER than my char......then they nerfed it to that stupid turkey thing.

• FeigrFeigr Posts: 462
    Archnight said:

Honestly they should, am I the only one that's seriously annoyed with this request? The OP needs to accept that the UO Eagle was never a Phoenix to begin with, yes i'll agree the colors might be off abit for the hues but it was a change in the right direction overall

This is the UO Eagle
    Eaglepng
    Greater phoenixpng

Seeing as how you delete threads on Stratics where you break the rules... this thread is still pretty on topic and while I disagree about the phoenix, why does it need to be closed? 

The new phoenix is bulky.  I like it though, but his opinion on it does matter.
  • ArchnightArchnight Posts: 48
    Feigr said:
    Archnight said:

This is the UO Eagle
    Eaglepng
    Greater phoenixpng

Seeing as how you delete threads on Stratics where you break the rules... this thread is still pretty on topic and while I disagree about the phoenix, why does it need to be closed? 

Nice accusations there friend, funny how you're the one hiding behind a different name on these forums. Like the avatar though ;)

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    I prefer the new Phoenix!  

Post count +1
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 462
    Archnight said:
    Feigr said:
    Archnight said:

This is the UO Eagle
    Eaglepng
    Greater phoenixpng

Nice accusations there friend, funny how you're the one hiding behind a different name on these forums. Like the avatar though ;)
    It's necessary because you all abuse your power too much.  The Stratics forum has very bad moderation history.  Just like your first post, you all are very moderator happy and lock threads unnecessarily.  This is off-topic now though so I'd understand at this point, but felt I'd make a point with this one.

All hail the new phoenix and the current UO artist. 
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    New phoenix is clearly superior. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    I find it very hard to believe that any sober , sane human with at least half their vision left would feel the new marshmallow lucky charms looking Phoenix is better than the old one WTF lol
    Well since today is all about "returning from the dead"

Ladies and Gentlmen i give you the First "UO official forum" Necro Thread :D 

The Original Phoenix thanks you for your support and takes away the Devs Hot cross buns. <span>:pensive:</span>

• SableSable Posts: 239
    Devs, can we have a veteran reward statue of the new phoenix and can you surround Slayvite's houses with them?
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    The new Phoenix is clearly superior. 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited April 2018
    Slayvite said:
    Well since today is all about "returning from the dead"

I hope they spawn Undead Phoenix at Halloween. Triple down on the theme. Call them Phoenivites.

They should introduce trading cards into the game with the new Phoenix graphic. Just to cement that new artwork even more!

Possible lore text on those cards: "When an Red Eagle dies, it is reborn as a Phoenix."

-Arroth
  • Bring back the old phoenix. Stop screwing up years of nostalgia. 
    Oh dear....My appologies....
    With all this talking about Necromany in the other thread, i seem to have inadvertantly Necro'd this thread!?!  >:)  :D
    Image result for thread necro