Did Pumpkin Rowboats Break Again?

I don’t know what message the pumpkin rowboats gave before when they weren’t working properly but even though I was able to launch from my ship a couple nights ago, to reach otherwise unreachable orcs on a beacon, they don’t seem to be working now. 

Just a bit ago I had a beacon hemmed in by an unoccupied player ship and rocks so I needed to row to kill the orcs. I had to go back home for the wooden rowboat. The pumpkin rowboat have a message saying I wasn’t allowed to launch in deep water. That I had to be close to the shore or on shallow water. Boooo!  Sooo, they’re broken again?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    The times we used them we were near an island.  So we thought they were working.

That is a fun way to kill the orcs.  You could go in 2 teams and kill both sides at the same time.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 795
    Doh! So are they working as indented that we can’t launch then out in deep water? Or is that supposed to be changed eventually? 

So I need to carry both types of rowboats? That’s just silly. 
    I feel they should launch the same. 
    edited April 25
    Well, yeah! I think they should both launch from your ship, whatever water you’re sailing in. But what do devs think? @Kyronix ? Is it possible to get any info here? 
    edited April 25
    My bet on reply if any.

Pumpkin rowboats are make from a pumpkin, they are not as seaworthy.   Working as intended.  :D

I guess mine goes back in a crate.
    Well, that's just sad. First I was bummed because I couldn't keep the rowboats in the water, which look so awesome next to a house near the water. Now I can't even take the thing out on the ocean?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,043
    I ask myself how does something like shuriken being broken an issue that affects just pvp a small % of the players merit a hot fix while this and shellfish not stacking is ignored? At least acknowledge us !
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,415
    PvP isn’t that small of a group 
    and it was probably I simply fix (and was needed) is why they did a hot fix probably 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,692
    you can place it at shore/docks and row it out into the deep, but you can't place it from a ship.
    Yeah but there are a lot of scenarios where parts of the beacons are blocked and you need to launch from the ship. They’re obviously no good for that. :-(

You can use the wooden rowboat so not all is lost. But the pumpkin rowboat is fun. I thought I’d be able to use it in the same way. It’s disappointing. I can’t think of any reason I’d have to use it from a dock or the shore. 
    You can launch it at skara for trade runs and cross in slow motion.  :D