Stewards can only carry 400 but take 125 lockdowns

VioletViolet Posts: 368
When you put up a steward, even if empty, it uses 125 lockdowns in a house, however the Steward only holds 400 stones of items. 

Expected result: The steward, as it has used 125 lockdowns, act more like a player vendor in regards to weight restrictions.

Tagged:

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Wait, what? This isn’t a bug. How can you say that is should act like a vendor?

This is a request for a change, not a bug. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    It is a vendor.  You put stuff on it for people to take.  Apparently it does not allow many heavy items.

At a cost of 125 slots it should hold more weight.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Mervyn said:
    Wait, what? This isn’t a bug. How can you say that is should act like a vendor?

This is a request for a change, not a bug. 
    And how do you know it's not a bug?!
    Last I checked, and verified by the dev staff, you are not a Broadsword developer.

Per Patch 78 patchnotes:

Some of you asked for this type of NPC and here it is. We have added a Steward to the Clean Up Brittannia system, it will cost 10,000 points, and we have replaced the Bless Deed with the Steward. Below are the requirements for using one.

• Requires 125 house item storage and one vendor slot to place.
    • Can only be placed in public houses
    • Can be named
    • Can be dressed
    • Can be programmed using key words to hand items out to other players when the correct word or phrase is spoken.
    So, again why is it i should not expect it to act like a vendor in regards to storage weight limits with it requires a vendor slot to place (and 125 lockdowns)?

Why don't you make a crusade against the people who abuse the free vendor space for their bod book storage.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I think they’re changing the way bod book storage works anyhow. 

This is called a steward, not a vendor. You could equally argue using your logic that vendors should have a weight limit of 400 stones. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002