When Are We Going To Get The New Store Ship Paint !

SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
edited April 22 in General Discussions

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,690

is it a permanent ship paint? because the ones at bucs den wear off

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,123
    edited April 25
    I bought one:
    Hue 2679
    I was expecting Wildfire color from the picture.

They must be releasing 1 at a time.  Would be nice if you get the color you buy. How are we supposed to know the color?  

The Shrouded Sails Blackheart Baubles are Hue 1910.

What is the significance of this color to Shrouded Sails? @Kyronix ; Why does the store photo show green?  Do we get a random color when we buy, or a set color that has nothing to do with the event in the name and does not match the picture?

Copy to TC is down.  I'm not going to use it until I see what the coats look like. Or if its 3 charges of a single hue.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KhyroKhyro Posts: 230
    edited April 25
    It's like the other premium ship paints. You can preview before you apply it, just need to be at the sea market. This one has 6 hues to choose from.

https://www.uo-cah.com
    Home of the Pet Intensity Calculator, Pet Planner, Trainable Animal Bestiary, and other Tools, Guides, and Information. 

edited April 25
    Those are great ! ty @Kyronix :p

bought 6 all ready ;)
    Cool thanks.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    I think you'll find the difference is reflected in the name. The item bought from vendors, and now the newer type from the black market merchant is 'boat paint', can be applied in 3 'coats' and fades with time. The item bought as part of the captain's bundle, and the new colors are 'ship paint' and will be permanent.
    the cost of the black market paint is very expensive for temporary paint 150k @Kyronix can that be lowered to 10k each so 30k for 3 coats the darkest color?
    Mariah said:
    I think you'll find the difference is reflected in the name. The item bought from vendors, and now the newer type from the black market merchant is 'boat paint', can be applied in 3 'coats' and fades with time. The item bought as part of the captain's bundle, and the new colors are 'ship paint' and will be permanent.
    thank you for point that out. I didn't know about that.
  • VioletViolet Posts: 372
    Here is a link to our article which shows how the new store special paints look on all the ship types:

https://www.uo-cah.com/pub-117/premium-boat-paint
    Violet said:
    Here is a link to our article which shows how the new store special paints look on all the ship types:

https://www.uo-cah.com/pub-117/premium-boat-paint
    Thanks!
    edited April 26
    You use 1 charge and have 2 more left.  

Ship in pack is different, the sides are not painted.

Also can decide to go incognito by painting over it, but you do not lose that charge.  Sweet.

I like it, Thanks @Kyronix ;  Needs a pirate Banner, don't you think.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    The Wildfire hue looks awesome on the HMS Hungry Hippo! Still 2 charges left so I can xshard them to re-hue two more of my Orc Reivers.
  • RadstRadst Posts: 96

Brit Ship is definitely bugged. The whole wooden pavement should also be dyed just the same.
    The paints that come with the captain's bundle also do not cover the deck.

That would be your preference not a bug.

Radst said:

Brit Ship is definitely bugged. The whole wooden pavement should also be dyed just the same.

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 653
    Radst said:

Next time hire an independent 3rd party coating inspection company to insure the coating contractor performs to specification.
    Just saying....
    edited April 26
    10 old colors and 10 new paint colors :)
    I still need to redo and set it all up now.
    Very cool @Skett ; could make a river and have boat races on your roof!
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    I'm pleased with the Wildfire hue on my Orc Reiver - especially w/seven pumpkin cannon. Have two charges left so I will xshard to two other shards and try out the Demonic hue and maybe the Black one.
    Hippo said:
    I'm pleased with the Wildfire hue on my Orc Reiver - especially w/seven pumpkin cannon. Have two charges left so I will xshard to two other shards and try out the Demonic hue and maybe the Black one.

they both do look good