No Pirates in Toko or are people killing the pirates and leaving the crew?

I been cleaning up Toko water. However i see orc crews but no Red Named pirates. I am not sure if pirates are not spawning there or people are killing them and leaving the ship and crews. 

Anyone else seeing pirate less crews in Toko waters or even in Tram/Fel waters?? 
Tagged:

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,041
    Not every orc ship has a dread 
  • Grimbeard said:
    Not every orc ship has a dread 
    I know but i have seen at 10 orc crews with no pirates. Either i am just super unlucky or something is up. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,123
    If there are none on ships, PM Mariah to tell Misk to fix it.   Then you will have merchant ships galore....  But Dreads will return.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    ya there is alot or merchant ships now, and alot of pirate ships with no pirates, and i dont think its possible to kill the pirate with out scuttling the ship first, i know when i attack them while the ship is still alive, they heal really fast and dont take much damage
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,178
    I have been pirating for the past few hours. I have killed 3 dreads in that time. 4 beacons (working on a 5th) and a handful of the regular orc ships.  No merchants, I won't kill those lol.

This is on Origin, of course. So the dreads seem to be spawning here just fine.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,803
    You need to scuttle the dread-less orc ships to get something else to spawn.  If you kill the orc crew you can get a pirate hat.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,957
    TimSt said:
    You need to scuttle the dread-less orc ships to get something else to spawn.  If you kill the orc crew you can get a pirate hat.
    Unfortunately, with time limited Events which have a deadline, a lot of players look at the drop rate... that is, how many drops they can get per X time that they play.

Having to scuttle the Dread-less Ord Ships takes time which adds to the time to actually then find and kill a Dread Pirate to get Pirate Hats drops and even if killing the Orc Crew on a Dread-less Orc Ship " can " get one receive a Pirate Hat, to many players that may not look a productive way to use their in-game time and, thus, they leave them be...

Perhaps, I am guessing, for this time limited Event the spawn of the Orc Ships should have been made to always have a Dread Pirate on Board and make it so that in any spawn area at least a minimal number of Dread Pirate Orc Ships spawned ?

Also, the spawn engine, to my opinion, should be such that, if a Dread-less Orc Ship or Merchant Ship or Beacon remains not attacked by players for some time (a short time, not too long...), it should de-spawn and respawn into something else (for example a Dread Pirate Orc Ship)... what I am trying to say is, that if Players want to hunt more of a different type of Ship, for example Dread Pirate Orc Ships for this Event, the spawn Engine should thus provide more of them to accomodate players' increased needs.

Otherwise, forcing players to have to attack Ships which the are not interested in in order to then get the ones which they want to attack to spawn, only increases their time to get their Pirate Hats drops and they might see this as a reducing factor in their drops rate and, thus, loose interest in that collection method and go get their Pirate Hats in some other way.

That is at least how I see it.
    edited April 21
    Yup, nothing to see here,  Do the Void Pool.  B)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,957
    Pawain said:
    Yup, nothing to see here,  Do the Void Pool.  B)
    Well, it could be different if the Dread Pirates Orc Ships were "helped to spawn" more generousily by the spawn engine for NPC Ships, at least for this time limited Event so as to better meet the increased players' interest for these Ships because of this Event...
    Pirating is the best way and is working perfectly as is 
    *ties Grimbeards Hands behind his back.*  

The Fellowship is good.  Do the Void Pool.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    If you are sinking other ships and still getting no dread pirates, what shard is that on please?
  • RinerRiner Posts: 367
    edited April 21
    On GL I haven't gotten hats from merchant ships nor do I on orc ships with no dread on board. Still need to clear them and merchants just more of a waste of time.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    edited April 21
    Mariah said:
    If you are sinking other ships and still getting no dread pirates, what shard is that on please?
    Luc Generally plays Legends. I went and sailed around for about 5 Minutes and found 1 pirateless orc ship and 2 with a pirate, also found 2 merchant ships and a beacon

First pic was in Jhelom Bay in Tram *scratches* this one was in Tokuno. I found 2 ships with pirates there, along with 3 Merchant ships.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,178
    edited April 21
    popps said:
    TimSt said:
    Unfortunately, with time limited Events which have a deadline, a lot of players look at the drop rate... that is, how many drops they can get per X time that they play.
    I'm all about a fair drop rate and getting enough drops (compared to effort) and have long enough to get the items you want, but let's not cry wolf on the drop rate for this particular event.

The event is 3 months long and there are only 12 rewards (6 old rewards & 6 new rewards). I think you can claim 1 of each reward for about 600 hats; keeping in mind that balron chest & ranger cloak both have garg versions. That's also counting every single item which assumes you are looking to pick up certain things like ranger cloak (serpent quiver is better) / mark of destroyer (these were plentiful when they spawned) / wildfire lantern (hooks shield is better SDI than this).

Also factor in this event hasn't even been up for a week; I've only played the event for a little over 2 hours total and earned 55ish hats in generally lax style of play (not grinding at all). That's 10% of the total number of items barely playing with 11+ weeks to go. I don't think you need to bring up anything about drop rate versus time played here... if you can't get 1 of each item in 3 months of play then I'm sure you can buy the items for super cheap towards the end from the flooded market from everyone that didn't have trouble getting drops.
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 319
    edited April 21
    Mariah said:
    Legends.. I am hunting in Toko waters. not sure about Tram/Fel waters.s Thankss
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 319
    edited April 21
    Delete cause it was a mess. will repost
    !!
  • Mariah said:
    Luc Generally plays Legends. I went and sailed around for about 5 Minutes and found 1 pirateless orc ship and 2 with a pirate, also found 2 merchant ships and a beacon

First pic was in Jhelom Bay in Tram *scratches* this one was in Tokuno. I found 2 ships with pirates there, along with 3 Merchant ships.

Like i said, I am hunting in Toko waters. I said i was unsure about Tram/Fel waters.  I had figured pirates are spawning in Tram/Fel as a friend had ship pieces from questing. 

I have seen in past Pirate events where people scuttle a ship loot the cargo and then leave the ship a drift.  I happened on to a scuttle ship that had not been looted. I guess it would delete and new ship spawn.  

Also i have gotten pirate hats from all type of ships but it not like the beacon a garenteed drop but i am or was wearing a luck suit

I never do well at hand to hand combat type events. I get enough to get my event book pages with a few extras. Some of the earlier events I did well but last couple hand to hand i did very poorly.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,178
    Kyronix said a week or two ago that luck suits will not increase the drop rate. You are better off using your best (killing) suit to improve the speed of doing things.
    edited April 21
    Mariah said:

Like i said, I am hunting in Toko waters. I said i was unsure about Tram/Fel waters.  I had figured pirates are spawning in Tram/Fel as a friend had ship pieces from questing. 

I have seen in past Pirate events where people scuttle a ship loot the cargo and then leave the ship a drift.  I happened on to a scuttle ship that had not been looted. I guess it would delete and new ship spawn.  

Also i have gotten pirate hats from all type of ships but it not like the beacon a garenteed drop but i am or was wearing a luck suit

I never do well at hand to hand combat type events. I get enough to get my event book pages with a few extras. Some of the earlier events I did well but last couple hand to hand i did very poorly.
    I spent some time on Legends today and the Tokuno spot where i took that Sceenshot had some Dread Pirates regularly. if you sail south of there (or north, both ways wll get you there) the pirates and beacons seem to spawn there as well. I cannot say if more orc only ships spawn than Dreads, But i did find several Dread pirates in Tokuno. Tram/Fel seemed to lean toward Orc only, but there were dreads as well.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HippoHippo Posts: 280
    I just did one Beacon and 4 Dread Pirates in Tokuno Legends this evening, I did a "drive-by" on 2 pirate ships w/o Dreads, didn't use cannon  but just killed the crew and got one hat drop from each. No reason to waste fuse cords on non-Dread pirate vessel or Merchants. 
    Hippo said:
    I just did one Beacon and 4 Dread Pirates in Tokuno Legends this evening, I did a "drive-by" on 2 pirate ships w/o Dreads, didn't use cannon  but just killed the crew and got one hat drop from each. No reason to waste fuse cords on non-Dread pirate vessel or Merchants. 
    They still drop cargo chest and have shellfish now
  • Sunday after i posted, dreads started showing up in Toko.  Did anyone notice the dreads dropped named pirate hats???

Sunday after i posted, dreads started showing up in Toko.  Did anyone notice the dreads dropped named pirate hats???

Yep, @Petra_Fyde did in this thread. someone else may have as well, hers is just the first one i saw.