Horrific beast spell description incorrect

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
edited May 2018 in Bugs
description in game reads that spells cannot be cast, this is only true for non focused necromancers.

(generally the spell descriptions in game are a little vague, I was going to suggest to replace them with the descriptions on the uo wiki which are sometimes more detailed however upon analysis of them found multiple errors and inconsistencies with detail and layout, apologies to Mariah for sending her a thesis of corrections to work on)
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited May 2018
    Also, missing from wraith form buff/spellbook description is it's effect that you are immune to bleed (and splintering) in this form. I'm sure it used to be there, or else how do i know about it?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

With regards to summon familiar, there is absolutely no description in game as to what each familiar does when you mouse over them, are people supposed to just guess their obscure unique abilities?

Mervyn said:
    Also, missing from wraith form buff/spellbook description is it's effect that you are immune to bleed (and splintering) in this form. I'm sure it used to be there, or else how do i know about it?
    Same for lich form. 

both clients: description of necromancy spell corpse skin in necromancy spellbook reads: "when cast by a focused necromancer the spell is more powerful reducing maximum and current resists instead of merely current resists"

Statement no longer true as maximum and current resists are now also reduced by non focused necromancers.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    "Enhanced client default ui,
    painspike in necromancy book describes mana cost of 11, should read 5
    poisonstrike shows mana cost 5, should read 17
    strangle shows 17, should read 29
    summon familiar shows 29, should read 17

@Arroth_Thaiel can you fix for the devs please? "

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2021
    Yoshi said:
    "Enhanced client default ui,
    painspike in necromancy book describes mana cost of 11, should read 5
    poisonstrike shows mana cost 5, should read 17
    strangle shows 17, should read 29
    summon familiar shows 29, should read 17

@ Arroth_Thaiel can you fix for the devs please? "

Could this be the same issue as the spell speed "bug"?

The mana changes according to the LMC of the items equipped. If you try to equip or remove items with LMC, the mana value on the spellbook will change. It has 2 values, one is actual and another is original in brackets.

This is the beauty of EC.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2021
    "the original values are incorrect, this also makes the actual values also incorrect"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "the original values are incorrect, this also makes the actual values also incorrect"
    Yes, you are right.

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2021
    First take; I don't have time to investigate further at the moment. I'll leave here for reference.

It looks like the table containing the info for Necormancy spell mana cost had a value inserted at position 9, causing the values for positions 9, 10, 11, and 12 to be incorrect. Positions 1-8 and 13 onward appear correct.

Index Spell Cost Displayed
    1 Animate Dead 23 23
    2 Blood Oath 13 13
    3 Corpse Skin 11 11
    4 Curse Weapon 7 7
    5 Evil Omen 11 11
    6 Horrific Beast 11 11
    7 Lich Form 23 23
    8 Mind Rot 17 17
    9 Pain Spike 5 11
    10 Poison Strike 17 5
    11 Strangle 29 17
    12 Summon Familiar 17 29
    13 Vampiric Embrace 23 23
    14 Vengeful Spirit 41 41
    15 Wither 23 23
    16 Wraith Form 17 17
    17 Exorcism 40 40

-Arroth
    Pls let me know which file for the mana... I could not find them in spellinfo.lua