New Account Management System...Tuesday May 29th 2018

Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
edited May 2018 in General Discussions

https://uo.com/2018/05/24/account-center-update/

Account Center Update

The Account Center will be receiving an update next Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 that makes some changes to the center’s authentication flow.

These changes are being made to improve general account security and user privacy by more directly using EA’s robust account authentication system. In addition to improving the Account Center’s security and users’ privacy, this update also enables us to provide additional future updates and much-requested features to the Account Center such as game account un-linking, account-based character and server lists, and more!

Once the update is live, the following changes will take effect:

• When logging into the Account Center, users will be redirected to EA’s website briefly and asked to login there.
    • Once successful, users will automatically be redirected back to the Account Center.
  • All account creation or account-linking services will now occur after a user logs into an existing EA account or a new user creates an EA account.
    • This means users attempting to create a new account must first sign into an existing EA account or create a new EA account and then follow the “Create a Trial” flow as normal.
    • This also means users who wish to link or recover an un-linked account to EA must first login to an existing EA account or create a new EA account and then follow the “Link Accounts” flow as normal.
      • During the “Link Accounts” flow there is a new “forgot my password” link that will allow users to reset the game accounts’ old *Account Center* password (note: this is different than the EA account and game passwords!) in the event it was forgotten.
  • Once signed into an EA account all services and systems included but not limited to managing subscriptions, viewing linked game accounts, and resetting game account passwords remain unchanged.
  • Account Center  UO guide  will be updated to reflect these changes as soon as possible!

Bonnie “Mesanna” Armstrong

-Arroth

Comments

• This will require a GUIDE for Sure!!!!   :)
  • FeatherFeather Posts: 5
    edited May 2018
  • Captain_LuckyCaptain_Lucky Posts: 556
    This will require a GUIDE for Sure!!!!   :)
    You know that's right!

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited May 2018

Looks like the update has taken place.

Went through it and did not have any problems.

I like the giant "Login" button for EA.

"...this update also enables us to provide additional future updates ..."

Will be interesting to see what they add in the future. 

-Arroth
  • Yes besides the Login into EA, I dont see anything new yet, nothing about the link and unlink accounts on our own.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    OMG I just changed my EA/Master accounts (2) passwords and I have never had it go so smooth or so damn fast.  This alone was a vast improvement over the old Master Account change password hit/miss BS.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    You can link accounts right now, you cannot un-link yet.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Can we link more than 9?

No, I have 3 unlinked accounts that I had no idea that I had lol, and when I tried to link them to the one master account I have it wouldn't let me...so I have to make a new Master Account I guess...wish they would change that too because I really don't want another Master Account but would love to have access to all of the accounts I created.

• @larisa that option existed before
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,090
    @ larisa that option existed before

NO.  We used magic before.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AtlanticRealtorAtlanticRealtor Posts: 142
    edited May 2018
    lol @Pawain ;  yep
    and Larisa if you check my previous Guide that is on FB now you will see that back in January I had this picture:

also @Bilbo , please note:
    Bilbo said:
    OMG I just changed my EA/Master accounts (2) passwords and I have never had it go so smooth or so damn fast.  This alone was a vast improvement over the old Master Account change password hit/miss BS.

Please make sure to write everything you change now!
    The account center info that you clicked below:

take you to this screen below, and THAT have Nothing to do with the original Info created from eamythic.

I emailed support and the new Unlink/Link option is NOT yet live, to unlink an account, you still need to email support@ultimaonline.com and request them to do so.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    OMG is that an actual screenshot?  If so, no wonder nothing works half the time

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    lol @ Pawain   yep
    and Larisa if you check my previous Guide that is on FB now you will see that back in January I had this picture:

also @ Bilbo , please note:
    Bilbo said:

Please make sure to write everything you change now!
    The account center info that you clicked below:

take you to this screen below, and THAT have Nothing to do with the original Info created from eamythic.

I emailed support and the new Unlink/Link option is NOT yet live, to unlink an account, you still need to email support@ ultimaonline.com and request them to do so.

I used the forgot password because none of my passwords that I had written down and as I had used this a long time ago and remember what a pain it the ass it was this new system is 1000 times better.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Before I go changing any passwords and locking myself out I just want to confirm this is the "change password" for the client right?

I just found I had an account that is active but can't remember the password to login to the client with. I'm pretty sure it is but just wanted to check.