UO at it's best. Europa weekly VvV. Current.

CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
edited March 15 in General Discussions
For those who say UO is dead.
For those who say PvP, or VvV is dead, or Felucca is dead.
For those who go on about cheat programs the whole time.
*video link removed by Rorschach*
The players have levelled the playing field, and a lot of players are having a lot of fun.
A lot of PvPers have been coming back.
Just enjoy the game, play how you want.

Comments

• Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    Looks like fun. Good sized group fights w action... Sign me up !

Just need to know what game your actually playing? Looks kinda like UO but not a single tree anywhere, just stumps. There’s movement like I’ve never seen, not a single rubberband or lag issue with not even a one millisecond spike while the screen is fulla casters popin’ off spells. One guy is riding a glacial mount? I been gone awhile so never seen that before.

If thats a prod UO shard, guess Devs made a boat load if game changes since I quit playing yrs ago due to all the cheaters using illegal progs & 3rd party clients. Glad to see things are looking up !

:D 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited March 15
    Acid_Rain said:
    Looks like fun. Good sized group fights w action... Sign me up !

Just need to know what game your actually playing? Looks kinda like UO but not a single tree anywhere, just stumps. There’s movement like I’ve never seen, not a single rubberband or lag issue with not even a one millisecond spike while the screen is fulla casters popin’ off spells. One guy is riding a glacial mount? I been gone awhile so never seen that before.

If thats a prod UO shard, guess Devs made a boat load if game changes since I quit playing yrs ago due to all the cheaters using illegal progs & 3rd party clients. Glad to see things are looking up !

:D 
    It is a production UO Shard - Europa.

Players have made some Quality of Life improvements, so we can make the PvP smooth and flowing, and equal for everyone. The clients match up, and there have been targeting improvements.

The point is, this is the original Classic UO, playing in a  really good way, with a lot of players enjoying it.

Would be good to stop the negativity.

If I were to say anything the Devs - try and get your New Legacy PvP, playing like this.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    edited March 15
    You are not supposed to post videos of Illegal Clients
    You are trying to make it sound like you are playing without illegal programs? Why its obvious you are not.
    edited March 15
    Be good if people did not highlight this. :)

I am aware some of my posts may have a limited shelf life.

The point is, a lot of players, having a lot of fun. Would be good if other players - the ones who do not take part, and just snipe the whole time could change perceptions. This is Classic, with not that many improvements to make it flow well, it is very achievable, I'm trying to help in 2 ways - 1. to get players to stop being so negative when so many are actually having fun and 2. For the Devs to see, and hopefully gain some ideas/inspiration of what PvPers are after sometimes - I do want the Devs to see this.
    @Kyronix ; :)

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    1. No Posting In Breach Of Games’ Terms of Service - You must not post, or link to materials that are, in breach of the games’ Terms of Service. This includes, but is not limited to:
      1. Advertisement or promotion of unofficial servers.
      2. Information on exploits of bugs in sufficient detail to allow others to perform said exploit.
      3. Cash sales of in game items.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    Is it classic though?
    The guy is hiding scripts he is running, disabled static fields and other options just to make a video you can attempt to pass off as legit.
    edited March 15
    You are trying to make it sound like you are playing without illegal programs? Why its obvious you are not.
    I've not said that at all.
    I've not highlighted it, I agree. 
    I'm trying to show the gameplay, and the volume of players joining in, with the genuine belief, this is a very fun, and playable style of PvP.
    edited March 15
    Is it classic though?
    The guy is hiding scripts he is running, disabled static fields and other options just to make a video you can attempt to pass off as legit.
    As I am not allowed to mention certain things, I cannot say of course. :)

It is built completely on Classic, and has the Classic look and feel, coming from players who played Classic from the start, who know. It plays really nicely, and is a lot of fun - gaming is about the fun.

You will be surprised, at how few scripts are used by the good pvpers, they get in our way. I prefer full view on fields, so do many. I accept some turn them off. etc. I personally, use no scripts on my mages.

It is not about attempting to pass off as Legit, this is how it is. This is what can be achieved.

Again, stop being so judgemental, this is the point, play how you want to play. Use some of the good ideas coming through. Life evolves.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Still promoting...
This discussion has been closed.