Things to loot while sinking ships

PawainPawain Posts: 9,224
edited March 10 in General Discussions
You probably want to take a Giant Beetle with you when looting ships.  Make sure you open all the containers and the hold.

Some orcs have arrows.  Orcs have Yeast for distilling.  Take the ++ ones to make your own beverages.

The containers have many different items. 
The most obvious is the Leather, hides, ingots, wood and Boards. 
They can also contain cargo.
If you have a cook you can take the apples and other food supplies. Your Tailor can use the wool if you want to make your own fabric. You can also grab the sand.
The containers can have a Smugglers chest.  Each will have a special bottle that is 2 or 3 bottles stuck together.  #1    The other bottles in the smugglers chest are worth a decent amount of turn in points.  You can have an empty toon grab the whole container full and recall to a trash can.
The containers can have special fish steaks. #3  Usually 5 in a stack. Sometimes you get a bugged chest and they have 50 of many types.  There are 10 different fish types and 6 of each type.  The Hake and Swordfish are the most rare, I am missing some of those.

The Holds also have desirable items.
They can have cargo.
They can have cannons and white dye.  #4
They have 12 to 25 of each cannon resource.
They also have armor refinements. #2
Some toss those for points but you can sell those or learn what they do and use them. or teach others how to use them.
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/armor-refinement/

You can make your lower your DCI and raise each resist up to 5.
You can make your elf archer have 75,75,75,75,80 resist if you desire. 
Or any combination.  You can redo an armor piece to add more or less.

Refinements that are most desired are Reinforce types for:
Studded Leather, Bone, Hide, Platemail, Chainmail, Ringmail, and Samurai Plate.
Those would be the Scour and cure of those types.



Make a new account and get another house so you will have a place to store all of these things.  
There are hundreds more items if you go the fishing and SoS route.
Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.

Comments

  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,894
    Pawain said:
    You probably want to take a Giant Beetle with you when looting ships.  Make sure you open all the containers and the hold.

    Some orcs have arrows.  Orcs have Yeast for distilling.  Take the ++ ones to make your own beverages.

    The containers have many different items. 
    The most obvious is the Leather, hides, ingots, wood and Boards. 
    They can also contain cargo.
    If you have a cook you can take the apples and other food supplies. Your Tailor can use the wool if you want to make your own fabric. 
    The containers can have a Smugglers chest.  Each will have a special bottle that is 2 or 3 bottles stuck together.  #1    The other bottles in the smugglers chest is worth a decent amount of turn in points.  You can have an empty toon grab the whole container full and recall to a trash can.
    The containers have have special fish steaks. #3  Usually 5 in a stack. Sometimes you get a bugged chest and they have 50 of many types.  there are 11 different fish types and 6 of each type.  The Hake and Swordfish are the most rare, I am missing some of those.

    The Holds also have desirable items.
    They can have cargo.
    They can have cannons and white dye.  #4
    They have 12 to 25 of each cannon resource.
    They also have armor refinements. #2
    Some toss those for points but you can sell those or learn what they do and use them. or teach others how to use them.
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/crafting/armor-refinement/

    You can make your lower your DCI and raise each resist up to 5.
    You can make your elf archer have 75,75,75,75,80 resist if you desire. 
    Or any combination.  You can redo an armor piece to add more or less.

    Refinements that are most desired are Reinforce types for:
    Studded Leather, Bone, Hide, Platemail, Chainmail, Ringmail, and Samurai Plate.
    Those would be the Scour and cure of those types.



    Make a new account and get another house so you will have a place to store all of these things.  
    There are hundreds more items if you go the fishing and SoS route.
    Hoarder . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,101
    I take only ammo and ore to fix guns we are out pirating not shopping 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,224
    Grimbeard said:
    I take only ammo and ore to fix guns we are out pirating not shopping 
    Yup, me also since I have those other collections.

    I prefer to just go from Beacon to Beacon, but sometimes ya gotta sink ships.

    I have heard you also take piggys.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,101
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I take only ammo and ore to fix guns we are out pirating not shopping 
    Yup, me also since I have those other collections.

    I prefer to just go from Beacon to Beacon, but sometimes ya gotta sink ships.

    I have heard you also take piggys.
    Lol oh sweet roasted pig !! I am opposite I avoid beacons because I can do multiple ships in time it takes you to do beacon
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,224
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I take only ammo and ore to fix guns we are out pirating not shopping 
    Yup, me also since I have those other collections.

    I prefer to just go from Beacon to Beacon, but sometimes ya gotta sink ships.

    I have heard you also take piggys.
    Lol oh sweet roasted pig !! I am opposite I avoid beacons because I can do multiple ships in time it takes you to do beacon
    My team wipes them out very fast and Mythic crates are worth 10 of the highest other cargo.
    Ill have to time one.

    You could go faster on LS right now.  The Orc ships do not have dread pirates for some reason. So dont need to get rid of those.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
Sign In or Register to comment.