Please make Night Sight a buff

Nightsigh exist in various forms, as a property on a magical item and as a mage spell that fades away over time.  However the most used Nightsight is the one people doesn't need to use, the one enchanted by screen, illegal client, or a 3rd party program.  This is of course not wanted, its not a level playing field and some get the property for free, without the need to bind up the property in the suit.

Its time to fix this issue after two decades.
I herby suggest an additional buff to the Nightsight property. Make it so you get both the bright screen property as exists in Nightsight, and an additional property. I suggest 1 Fastercast, 10lower mana cost, or 15 Defence Chance Increase.

Now this will still not make people absolutely need the property, but it will make them lose out a lot if they don't, and thus give honest players a bonus.

Together we make the game greater!

Comments

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    I like this idea.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    The fact that you can't imbue it is ridiculous 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Grimbeard said:
    Ummmmmm . . .

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Grimbeard said:
    Ummmmmm . . .

You hacker no but seriously I meant on my fishing pole 
    They could at least add it to the list of possible properties when we make them from a runic saw.

They could at least add it to the list of possible properties when we make them from a runic saw.

I forgot what I wanted to imbue it on but it wasn't possible 
    Grimbeard said:

I forgot what I wanted to imbue it on but it wasn't possible 
    Jewelry and Armor is all it can be done on IIRC.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited March 6
    It could work something like this:

1. When it's nighttime, a general penalty of -15 HCI applies.
    2. When under nightsite (only at nighttime, it already is a buff), or playing as an ELF, the -15 HCI penalty is removed.

Nightsite has appeared on a number of recent ToT event award choices, the "Serpent Bite" talisman is one I use.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    It could work something like this:

1. When it's nighttime, a general penalty of -15 HCI applies.
    2. When under nightsite (only at nighttime, it already is a buff), or playing as an ELF, the -15 HCI penalty is removed.

Nightsite has appeared on a number of recent ToT event award choices, the "Serpent Bite" talisman is one I use.

Was just having a similar idea. Make the night/day cycles actually mean something then. I liked playing on Ark PvP servers that disabled the "Gamma" option, so the night was actually scary and you had to use lights (which gave away your position) or night vision to actually see at night. Or how in Baldur's Gate 3, you get penalties to attack in low-light areas unless you have Darkvision.

Would be a good environmental challenge for them to add to New Legacy, like how they proposed a hot/cold system for environments that would apply various debuffs unless countered with specific outfits.
    Elves a should only be able to wear elf armor