The most boring Newsletter to date (continued)

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited February 19 in General Discussions
Original post here to get caught up: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/13786/the-most-boring-newsletter-to-date#latest

@popps said:
I am just tired of seeing yet more Mounts, ethereals or statuettes being given as Veteran Rewards...

As in regards to Veteran Rewards having a usefullness in the game, I see them positively and, to my opinion, they cannot be game changing if they are Designed to be "claimed" by a given active year account BUT, can be traded and used by any active age game account.

This way, older Veteran Accounts can yes have the privilege to claim them if they meet the active age requirement, but, through trading them to any and all other accounts, even those which still cannot claim them not having the sufficient active age. can get to use them.

And trading can mean selling (and I see nothing wrong in older Veteran Accounts being able to benefit selling Veteran Rewards, it already happens right now in UO and has always been happening, to my recallection...) but it can also mean gifting that Veteran Reward to a friend or guild mate.....
I am also bored of mounts and statues, deco, etc., but, at the end of the day my main point was I don't really care if they are given out as long as something more generically useful is given out too. So like in this update, if you have no use for deco or plants, you got nothing. They could have slipped an Ethy in there incredibly easily so why not? I guarantee you that the ethy would be more popular than any plant thing. There are always a ton of players that rock the new ethy the day they're released and beyond.

To contrast this with the past where we've gotten: a mount, a piece of deco AND a generic useful thing (such as garden shed, auction safe, etc.) AND deco in one. That's all I'm asking for. Even the crafting add-ons are kinda generic as most people do some sort of crafting.

It's an incredibly low standard and we don't even get that. But again, the website is down for 12-24 hour periods so what do we expect?

Correct, that's the main reason they removed the age restrictions on ethereals etc. I think the only vet reward that's bound are the shard shields and the transmog shield if my memory serves me correctly. I bet if they could undo the shard shields they would to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Shard shields ruined uo and are only game impacting vet reward 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    ibtl
  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited February 19
    Would ask moderators to clean up this thread of any posts, past/future, that do not add anything to the conversation, troll or bad faith to get the post locked, thank you.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • username said:
    Would ask moderators to clean up this thread of any posts, past/future, that do not add anything to the conversation, troll or bad faith to get the post locked, thank you.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

• Skett said:
    ibtl
    Them irritable Bowels are rough on an old boy.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

:D
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,110
    edited February 19
    You never did answer my question.

Which Vet rewards are not deco or just a QoL improvement?

You ruled out mounts since you don't like those either.

What vet reward is generically useful?  The commodity deed box may be, but you can use a chest of sending and make deeds in your bank. You can have 5 Beetles or Pack Horses to carry the items thru a gate from the bank to your house. Or vise versa.

If you want Vet rewards that just save us a step or two in our usual gameplay then This Newsletter has those types of Vet rewards. 

You also do not give any examples of what you would like to see as a vet reward so these threads do not help the developers create a vet reward you would like.  They seem to be just angry posts that provide nothing to the community.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Pawain said:

What vet reward is generically useful?  The commodity deed box may be, but you can use a chest of sending and make deeds in your bank. You can have 5 Beetles or Pack Horses to carry the items thru a gate from the bank to your house. Or vise versa.

You also do not give any examples of what you would like to see as a vet reward so these threads do not help the developers create a vet reward you would like.  They seem to be just angry posts that provide nothing to the community.
    You deny that shard shields are the most powerful items in game?
    edited February 19
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

I added more stuff before you replied.

Shard shield function are not a unique item that are only from Vet rewards.  You can buy transfer tokens from the store and do the same thing and more.  

I almost wrote this silly little comment but chose to stay relevant.  I disagree with the ruined UO part.
    Ill write it now,

Skett said:
    ibtl
    I agree,  Mcdougle and I almost agree with something.
    So we should lock asap!

Grimbeard said:
    Shard shields ruined uo and are the only game impacting vet reward 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Opening locked threads are against the rules, OP needs a time out @Mariah @Rorschach @Kyronix
    I’d like to know what rewards he wants 
    edited February 19
    I would like to reiterate: Would ask moderators to clean up this thread of any posts, past/future, that do not add anything to the conversation, troll or bad faith to get the post locked, instead of locking the thread, thank you.

edited February 19
    Grimbeard said:
    They indeed are the most powerful veteran reward for sure and, depending your interpretation, the most powerful item in the game. A shard shield can't help you kill Corgul lol. As I said, they probably highly regret releasing them in hindsight. I basically won't claim any other reward than a shard shield is how powerful I view them.

And once again just to reiterate to the masses, I'm not asking for something of this power level, just something that is more broadly useful to players and not super-duper niche. 

Hey, they've been doing a lot of crafting add ons, maybe a 1 charge a day (100 max) non-fail repair station? Because as we all know the tradeskills are not balanced in terms of repairing? Look at me go, I'm a dev.

Some deco, some plant stuff, an ethy, and a semi general useful vet reward would have been non-low effort/boring.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    username said:
    I would like to reiterate: Would ask moderators to clean up this thread of any posts, past/future, that do not add anything to the conversation, troll or bad faith to get the post locked, instead of locking the thread, thank you.
    Opening up a locked thread that has the sole intent of putting UO down has ZERO positive merit.  You are UO's biggest TROLL and want nothing more than to destroy the game.  I will repeat you need to be banned as the only input you have is always negative and it is against the rules to open closed threads and even proves more that you could care less about rules or promoting a positive thought.  @Mariah @Rorschach @Kyronix
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904

1 charge / 30 days forged metal of artifacts (recharges), stores only 1 charge at a time.

only mentioned because shard-shields came out, I wouldn't have ever expected those to be a vet reward when Xfer tokens were seemingly selling well from the UO store.

username said:
    Opening up a locked thread that has the sole intent of putting UO down has ZERO positive merit.  I will repeat you need to be banned as the only input you have is always negative and it is against the rules to open closed threads and even proves more that you could care less about rules or promoting a positive thought.  @ Mariah @ Rorschach @ Kyronix
       Whoa, Let's start with banning the cheaters in the actual game, shall we?   After all, who the f**k would be posting here if the game wasn't running anymore?

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited February 19
    CovenantX said:

1 charge / 30 days forged metal of artifacts (recharges), stores only 1 charge at a time.

only mentioned because shard-shields came out, I wouldn't have ever expected those to be a vet reward when Xfer tokens were seemingly selling well from the UO store.

I mean, I'd be down but I don't think the devs would be hah. Here we are, two simple ideas that could have been added that would fantastic in addition to what they planned. See what I mean, this newsletter/update is low effort and boring?

Make uo great again!

edited February 19
    username said:
    Yes we should be able to just remove other posters posts that do not agree with us in our thread or any thread  :D

Well it only took 2 threads and 65 replies to find out you want a non fail repair station.
    Maybe they will let it work in our backpack so we can repair between mobs.

If not, the reward is boring, and thus the whole Newsletter will be boring.

• A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

• I do think shard shields ruined the game. I am a year away form getting them

When they first came out I saw how outrageously unfair they were, I was trying to find my way in the races community, do ing event (trying) on others hards but the vets could quickly Ofer items to sell in ATL, still do and they charge massively inflated prices (Not going to into the gargoyle multi boxing, thats another row)

As a result I quit the game and went onto playing DayZ (still do) and other games

7 years or so later I returned and started for. scratch, I now have 3 accts and fully trained chars on 3 shards.

Luckily I have friends who have shields but I feel so awkward having to ask them to xfer for me, and I have actually fallen out with. along term game friend because of the shields

So I hate them, but to be relevant I will choose them if the game is still running.

I also hate shard bound......

Bottom line, deal with 3rd party clients, multi boxing and all forms of cheating, but this current dev team, whether it be incompetence, lack of old stool code knowledge or too small a team with a large workload (NL, what a waste of time, a vanity project only Mesanna wants) she need to learn that she works to serve us and not herself, another row!

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Thank you for the feedback, again.