why will this fishpole not work

with my macro?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    edited February 18
    EM item and it works when double clicked I suppose.  Did you try CC, maybe something about how EC handles the items ID.  Maybe it does not think it is a fishing pole?

Does it work with last object last target?

@TimSt
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Yes works fine when double clicked 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Its meant for dancing, not fishing. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    edited February 18
    Instead of using Target By Resource just put the fishing pole directly into the macro.
    I have two fishing macros:
    To cast: Fishing Pole
    This causes the fishing pole to be equipped and lets you target where to cast. Works for water and lava fishing.

If casting did not get a fish then I use the full fishing macro which repeat 10 times
    Fishing Pole -> WaitForTarg -> Cursor Target Last -> Delay 9

Yes i have work around just odd it behaved different than other poles
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    is there a macro for cc to use bait then pole then target ?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    The only reason I can see as a possible reason is that it is east/west rather than north/south.
    Mariah said:
    The only reason I can see as a possible reason is that it is east/west rather than north/south.
    Yes i wondered about that as well ! It's ok mostly deco anyway 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    edited February 18
    Inquiring minds want to know where you got this! I'll pay you tree fidy for it.
    I paid 600 million! 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited February 18
    Mariah said:

This is most likely the reason.

--
    Because Grim asked:

Most of the items in game have a series of "id codes" associated with them. Some of these codes are very similarly named, and the same code can be called different things depending on where it appears in the files.

Players tend to be familiar with some of the "id" codes, such as:

(EC)
    Type ID = the number of the graphic
    Hue ID = the color of the graphic
    ObjectID = the identifier of a specific item or stack of items

One of the less familiar codes is "ObjectTypeID", or something similar to that, dependent on where the code appears in the files. This is, for lack of a better term, the number of the "group" to which the item belongs.

I.E. all 'fishing pole - tip NE' have the same ObjectTypeID. All 'fishing pole - tip NW' have a different ObjectTypeID.

The ObjectTypeID for 'fishing pole - tip NW' was probably not added to the table of accepted items for the Target By Resource function.

If the dev team ever updates Target By Resource to include Rock Hammers, maybe you can get them to include 'fishing pole - tip NW' as well.
    -Arroth
  • Inquiring minds want to know where you got this! I'll pay you tree fidy for it.
    I'll give you Trree Fiddy one

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo