Are you supposed to be able to resize your house with a vendor in it?

I thought you couldn't and I accidentally resized mine without removing the vendor and lost a few things (no, I don't want anything back) Is this supposed to be doable? i
A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    How do you accidentally resize a house when you have to say ‘I wish to resize my house ’  do you mean customize.  Resizing demolishes the old house to where you can place a new house and will also drop all your items in the house to the ground.    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/house-ownership-3-resizing/ ;
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,110
    He has a macro that says, bank, vendor buy, I wish to resize my house, I wish to secure this, claim list.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I never heard of this before, EVER...
    As far as I know you cant resize as it will give you a message saying that you current have vendors....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Had you paid the 3 fiddy?
  • I accidenLord_Frodo said:
    How do you accidentally resize a house when you have to say ‘I wish to resize my house ’  do you mean customize.  Resizing demolishes the old house to where you can place a new house and will also drop all your items in the house to the ground.    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/house-ownership-3-resizing/ ;
    it's easy, you forget you have a vendor when you say "i wish to resize my house" 

I never heard of this before, EVER...
    As far as I know you cant resize as it will give you a message saying that you current have vendors....
    Then it is a bug because that is exactly what happened. "I said the command and got the warning about you have so long to resize yada yada yada" and then i started trying to place a larger home. about the time I got it to go I was like "wait, didn't i have a vendor??, why yes, yes I did" 

Grimbeard said:
    Had you paid the 3 fiddy?

Pawain said:
    He has a macro that says, bank, vendor buy, I wish to resize my house, I wish to secure this, claim list.
    you forgot Recsu Recdu Punkte Doracron Sueacron.

• I forgot to add that it was a Commision vendor that uses house storage.  I wonder if that makes a difference @Kyronix

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,110
    Maybe, since the items count toward the house total. So the house knows those items are there.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Resizing you need to clear out everything because the old house is destroyed.  When you demolish a house the NPCs are still there and block placement, need GM to move them.  I wonder if Commission Vendor are like the NPCs and you got lucky that it did not block placement.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    edited February 18
    Resizing you need to clear out everything because the old house is destroyed.  When you demolish a house the NPCs are still there and block placement, need GM to move them.  I wonder if Commission Vendor are like the NPCs and you got lucky that it did not block placement.
    Pawain said:
    Maybe, since the items count toward the house total. So the house knows those items are there.

That's what I'm thinking happened. like I said, I just totally forgot about that vendor until after I was done and had one of those "Wait, . . ." moments. Too late then though. hopefully this will keep somone from making the same boneheaded move I did. 

• Vendors do not stop you from resizing, I just recreated it with two different accounts, with both types of vendors. I was able to resize with both types and everything on them poofed. Lesson Learned.  

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    not cool at all :(
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    edited February 19
    Skett said:
    not cool at all :(
    Meh, the way I see it, is you live and learn. The official page on the Wiki here doesn't state it blocks resizing, it just says the following:

Before you Resize

• Study the area carefully for obstacles and uneven ground, determine what size of house you think will fit and in which direction you can expand. Don’t forget to take into account the placement rules.
    • You could mark the corners of the expected new plot with fishsteaks to guide you. Mark the corners of the current plot too in case you are unable to expand and need to put the original plot back!
    • Check the ‘Information’ page of your house sign. Is your current house ‘properly placed’. If not, you will not be able to re-place the plot you have now in the same location. A larger house would be an unlikely possibility
    • Check the ‘Customize’ page of your house sign. Is the moving crate empty? If not, empty it before you begin.
    • Double click the house placement tool to check that the housing server is not offline. If the menu fails to open, postpone the resize
    • Make sure you have a house placement tool, and enough funds in the bank to pay for the new plot.
    • Empty the house, including any vendors or barkeeps. You might utilize pack horses, giant beetles, all characters’ bank boxes. If you load pack horses bear in mind they will not log out of game if you do. Also lead them out of the proposed new ‘footprint’ area and tell them to ‘stay’

Stratics specifically says it will, but the official wiki does not.