UO dosnt love us anymore!

I guess UO does not love us any more! Nothing for Valentine's cept a lame EM event?   :(
No one wants to die a million times and not get anything!  

sorry, that's just my opinion.... 

very disappointed! 

Comments

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    I was away for almost a decade. Is this the first time ever where we did not get anything?
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    no there have been other times no gifts also have been times no gifts on other holidays as well

Im sure they are busy this year working on NL
  • They don't care, no one communicates with us about anything going on behind the scenes let alone things going on in game. Could our @CM_Fenneko maybe give us some info about the lack of gifts or what the team is so caught up in these days? NL is no longer an excuse for the lack of info. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    But they are hard at work on NL and production...it's like painting the bathroom when your house is on fire..
  • UO Retail is DEAD. The Devs are tired and treading water to collect a pay check. The give there EM's a little authority to keep the masses under the impression that the game is still alive. Oh and NL.....Whatever just another smoke screen to hide the lack of caring they have for the game.  Its really funny that private servers have fixed all the behind times problems of UP retail to make the game very fun and playable for this up to date world.  There is private servers for non PVP and PVP players so wake up people and go have some real fun.  Retail Devs you are very disappointing.  
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,308
    Not so much into deco. but was surprised at no Valentine’s Day gift.  UO should have messaged players.  I was thinking I just missed the announcement of the event, and I was looking for it.  Miss the snow in Winter too.  Little personal touches make a difference to a lot of players including this one.

UO Retail is DEAD. The Devs are tired and treading water to collect a pay check. The give there EM's a little authority to keep the masses under the impression that the game is still alive. Oh and NL.....Whatever just another smoke screen to hide the lack of caring they have for the game.  Its really funny that private servers have fixed all the behind times problems of UP retail to make the game very fun and playable for this up to date world.  There is private servers for non PVP and PVP players so wake up people and go have some real fun.  Retail Devs you are very disappointing.  
    See if i was a developer and i wanted a thread closed this is exactly what I'd post...
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited February 14
    It is my 2 cents, but I think EA might have imposed some kind of a deadline on them to finish something. This might be why there is little communication and the lack of in game events/updates. They are probably working overtime to catch the deadline. This is just my speculation though.
    shootgun said:
    It is my 2 cents, but I think EA might have imposed some kind of a deadline on them to finish something. This might be why there is little communication and the lack of in game events/updates. They are probably working overtime to catch the deadline.
    For 3 years?
  • Grimbeard said:
    UO Retail is DEAD. The Devs are tired and treading water to collect a pay check. The give there EM's a little authority to keep the masses under the impression that the game is still alive. Oh and NL.....Whatever just another smoke screen to hide the lack of caring they have for the game.  Its really funny that private servers have fixed all the behind times problems of UP retail to make the game very fun and playable for this up to date world.  There is private servers for non PVP and PVP players so wake up people and go have some real fun.  Retail Devs you are very disappointing.  
    See if i was a developer and i wanted a thread closed this is exactly what I'd post...
    Would you like to clarify what your saying?  Are you calling me a Dev?  or what because I'm the furthest from being one. I am in fact a 250 mo account owner that is disgusted with a gaming company that milks customer's monthly with nothing in return except empty promises. Sure let them close it and show that they do want to hide the truth.
    Grimbeard said:
    Would you like to clarify what your saying?  Are you calling me a Dev?  or what because I'm the furthest from being one. I am in fact a 250 mo account owner that is disgusted with a gaming company that milks customer's monthly with nothing in return except empty promises. Sure let them close it and show that they do want to hide the truth.
    Nothing gets a thread closed faster than mentioning free shards...
  • OmnicronOmnicron Posts: 20
    edited February 14
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    250 months? Youve subscribed for 250 months? And they are "milking you?" Do they force you to subscribe? Nothing in return? There is a ton of stuff to do in this game...nothing in return for 250 months of subscription.....

Entitlement is unbecoming...even at 250 months. 
    Im not a big fan of Luc and her $103.92 per month of entitlement. 
  • Omnicron said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    250 months? Youve subscribed for 250 months? And they are "milking you?" Do they force you to subscribe? Nothing in return? There is a ton of stuff to do in this game...nothing in return for 250 months of subscription.....

Ok you win. if your gonna call a hand full of stuff in years to a ton of things then there's no point in talking about it.  Only thing keeping this game afloat is the unpaid EM's doing a great job with a broken game. And yes I'm a sheep like the rest and don't want to loose my memories of some great game play back when the game was fun to play.
  • Omnicron said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:

Ok you win. if your gonna call a hand full of stuff in years to a ton of things then there's no point in talking about it.  Only thing keeping this game afloat is the unpaid EM's doing a great job with a broken game. And yes I'm a sheep like the rest and don't want to loose my memories of some great game play back when the game was fun to play.
    They stopped paying the EM's?   
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Zeldaofzed said:They stopped paying the EM's?   
    Not to my knowledge.

surprisingly my oldest account is 309 months and somehow I don't feel entitled to a gift for every public holiday, especially when I, and every realistic person, know that they have an awful lot on their plate right now.  I quote from Kyronix's post in another thread:
    Sure, can have a look at these and put together something for a future newsletter.  We are knee deep in dev & testing for both NLS and production so have no time line on when we'll have the bandwidth to dig into this.                        
    Somehow I manage to play in this sandbox every day with the content that already exists. 
  • Zeldaofzed said:They stopped paying the EM's?   
    Not to my knowledge.

surprisingly my oldest account is 309 months and somehow I don't feel entitled to a gift for every public holiday, especially when I, and every realistic person, know that they have an awful lot on their plate right now.  I quote from Kyronix's post in another thread:
    Sure, can have a look at these and put together something for a future newsletter.  We are knee deep in dev & testing for both NLS and production so have no time line on when we'll have the bandwidth to dig into this.                        
    Somehow I manage to play in this sandbox every day with the content that already exists. 
    How do we struggle through all the content that's available. oh the tragedy of it all.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    I'm with you on this one Petra. I really don't need another item per char to weigh down my house to make me feel like "UO loves me". Keeping this game here for us to play and tweaking things once in a while is all the love I need. For a measly 10 bucks a month I have had decades of entertainment, laughter, trouble making, frustration and joy. I bet most of us can't even think off the top of our head what the past years Valentines gifts were. So chill, play the game as is and have fun with what you have now. Always wanting leaves you... well.. always wanting.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    edited February 15
    I'm with you on this one Petra. I really don't need another item per char to weigh down my house to make me feel like "UO loves me". Keeping this game here for us to play and tweaking things once in a while is all the love I need. For a measly 10 bucks a month I have had decades of entertainment, laughter, trouble making, frustration and joy. I bet most of us can't even think off the top of our head what the past years Valentines gifts were. So chill, play the game as is and have fun with what you have now. Always wanting leaves you... well.. always wanting.
    Except the year we got Bacon (2008), i'll always remember that  . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    What? We don't have to spend 6 hours collecting gifts on every account on every toon on every shard?  They do hate us.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • OmnicronOmnicron Posts: 20
    I literally customized my 18x18 plot on Marble Island for like 4-5 hours yesterday....I really wish I had a heart shaped pillow to spruce the place up....

Teh tragedy of it all. No damned gift. I want all my money back because teh devs hateth me! I mean for $108.19 per month, I an entitled to free holiday gifts that add little to no value to my game play!!!!

*shakes fist angrily at teh computer screen!*

Son'sa'bitches! 

*sarcasm*

Im not a big fan of Luc and her $103.92 per month of entitlement.