EC written books are illegible in CC

FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
Books written in the Enhanced client are illegible in Classic due to format issues.

Also, any book written in Classic that is not sealed becomes illegible in Classic if viewed by someone in the Enhanced client.

Comments

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    After how many years you would of thought they could of sorted this by now. Just use the classic client books in the enhanced client. Job done. 
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    For the record, EC viewing the book does not alter the book in any way. 
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    edited May 2018
    Tanager said:
    For the record, EC viewing the book does not alter the book in any way. 
    It actually does unless it's sealed. My guild uses books a lot for our rp, and if the book is written in CC, then left editable and is viewed in EC, it changes the formatting and renders the book broken and illegible in CC. This has happened on many occasions.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    Odd, I have never had them change for me unless the EC reader tried to alter the contents in some way. Just reading tho has never been a problem. I just tested it to make sure I am not loosing my mind. I guess it has just never happened to me, but I probably do not use books as often.
  • FaerylFaeryl Posts: 273
    I even had one instance where I made a copy of a book and sealed it, gave it to a guildmate who uses EC (it was perfectly fine when I gave it to them, I had checked), and about a week or so later they asked me for a new one.

Got the one I gave them back, and it had gotten completely messed up. Pages repeating, an entire section missing, sentences going off the pages instead of wrapping to the next line. And that was a sealed book. It's only happened that once to a sealed one (that I know of), but that's generally what seems to happen when they aren't sealed.