PVP balance suggestion

FoosFoos Posts: 81
Currently in PVP there is nothing stopping a player from clicking an explosion potion, hitting esc and repeating that 3 more times to have 4 potions in their pack, running next to another player and hitting evade doing anywhere from 35 to 120 damage to that player while taking little to no damage themselves.  The player being targeted has no idea this has occurred because there is no visible indicator. 

Possible solutions
-  Put a timer on explosion potions
or
- Adjust so you cannot evade explosion potions going off in your pack.  (Or at all)
  1. Should a timer be added to proc explosion potion or should they no longer be evadeable?6 votes
    1. Yes
      83.33%
    2. No
      16.67%

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    im going to try this >:)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Annd that's why you shouldn't post exploits on a public forum!
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Mariah said:
       Yep, much better to keep the bugs/exploits to yourself so you and whoever you might have told about them can hold an unfair advantage over legit players...  same strategy UO's taken forever, I don't see it changing (for the better)...ever.

Btw,   At what point does a bug become a feature?  cause just taking a quick glance over the bug section.... some of them have been posted since these forums opened and many of them were carried over from Stratics back when they were the 'official' forum for UO.

This explode potion use while other potion(s) are counting down, has been a thing forever,   Let me guess, you don't want people to know about it so they don't do it themselves, the same way there's no  "Discussion" of illegal clients, cheats etc.. as if the vast majority of players aren't already using them to begin with?   /Sarcasm (partially)

UO's really becoming a joke when it comes to this. it's very sad to see.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    I was being sarcastic jezzz 

it’s almost as old as the drop $-r is 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:
       Yep, much better to keep the bugs/exploits to yourself so you and whoever you might have told about them can hold an unfair advantage over legit players...  same strategy UO's taken forever, I don't see it changing (for the better)...ever.

Btw,   At what point does a bug become a feature?  cause just taking a quick glance over the bug section.... some of them have been posted since these forums opened and many of them were carried over from Stratics back when they were the 'official' forum for UO.

This explode potion use while other potion(s) are counting down, has been a thing forever,   Let me guess, you don't want people to know about it so they don't do it themselves, the same way there's no  "Discussion" of illegal clients, cheats etc.. as if the vast majority of players aren't already using them to begin with?   /Sarcasm (partially)

No, actually, the thing to do when you discover an exploit is to report it as a bug and mark the bug report as an exploit.
    Rule 9 of the terms of service listed at the foot of the page:
    No Posting In Breach Of Games’ Terms of Service - You must not post, or link to materials that are, in breach of the games’ Terms of Service. This includes, but is not limited to:
    1. Advertisement or promotion of unofficial servers.
    2. Information on exploits of bugs in sufficient detail to allow others to perform said exploit.
    3. Cash sales of in game items.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    If we better communication from the developers on bug reports maybe people would report...
  • sibblesibble Posts: 113
    There's a fine line between exploit and clever usage of game mechanics.

When I hear "expoit" I think of it as someone taking advantage of a software flaw.  When someone is caught "exploiting" I would expect some type of consequences should be done to the user.

In this case, we have a player not breaking any rules and cleverly stacking up explosion damage while using evasion to negate the self inflicted damage.  That's just an oversight on development - which I can't blame anyone really because look how long it took for this to be an actual issue brought up to the forums.

Whatever way it's handled I don't believe players should be able to do this.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Mariah said:
    CovenantX said:
    Mariah said:

No, actually, the thing to do when you discover an exploit is to report it as a bug and mark the bug report as an exploit.
    Rule 9 of the terms of service listed at the foot of the page:
    No Posting In Breach Of Games’ Terms of Service - You must not post, or link to materials that are, in breach of the games’ Terms of Service. This includes, but is not limited to:
    1. Advertisement or promotion of unofficial servers.
    2. Information on exploits of bugs in sufficient detail to allow others to perform said exploit.
    3. Cash sales of in game items.

I'm well aware of what you're 'supposed' to do with discovered exploits.  I've reported numerous bugs over the last ~15 or so years between here and stratics..   I've basically lost interest, for the most part, There are people are freely using illegal clients and they're never suspended/banned for doing so despite the "Leader of UO" stating that those programs are detectable..

Half of the exploits (Not this particular one) aren't even able to be done without the use of third-party programs..   So, do the devs expect us (the ones who actually report bugs) to use third-party programs in order to get the information needed to fix said issue?     or are the very very few people left expected to complain about it until we quit because there's nothing done to solve the problem? 

Btw you could record a macro in UOAssist to do what the OP describes.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    I have a question.  Is this with the legal CC or EC client or is this with all those no name clients and is this bug only with PvP
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    I have a question.  Is this with the legal CC or EC client or is this with all those no name clients and is this bug only with PvP
    That is how potions with timers work.  The ones from Mel would do the same thing.  I have had many blow up in my backpack when I didn't throw them or hit escape thinking they would cancel.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CrunchCrunch Posts: 7
    edited February 7
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 1
    edited February 15
    a lot of these so-called "exploits" are easily countered. run shatter pots or disarm to get rid of those ridiculously op evasions. If you want to be good at pvp you have to break out of one dimensional templates. Dexxors have been OP since SE came out but everything has a work around. Tired of getting smashed by those lame mace gargs? blood oath and chug. Tired of kamakize alchys? carry shatter pots and remove their ability to evade with a disarm. Too many people come to the devs crying about fixes instead of utilizing the mechanics already available